• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Yep, ages ago
Registered for Smash 4 and PM even though I suck at PM and will get horribly rekt
YAY!

PM is fun. I've entered for all three + doubles but I won't be taking PM as seriously as the others. Might enter Street Fighter as well for a laugh tho

Soul.

3 stock would make Smash 4 slower than Brawl. 3 stocks was bearable for Brawl because of edgeguarding.
I was under the impression that most favored 3 stock in this game, not because "I want it to be like Brawl," but more so "2 stock leads to defensiveness and almost no comebacks at all"

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Boost Blade?
DITCIT.
Dash Item Toss Cancelled Item Toss. You slide 3/4ths of the stage while being locked into the item toss animation for 1/2 the stage. Everyone can do it, but not everyone's is good and Mega is the only item generating character that benefits to that degree.

There are some youtube videos about it. I've sworn against it, because it's jank. In a game where DACUS gets removed, this shouldn't be a thing. It's really good though...

BUNZY SO GOOD. I actually enjoy watching him a lot. #defenselife

Edit: that edge guard. SO DIRTY. luma jabbing the edge...

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
DITCIT.
Dash Item Toss Cancelled Item Toss. You slide 3/4ths of the stage while being locked into the item toss animation for 1/2 the stage. Everyone can do it, but not everyone's is good and Mega is the only item generating character that benefits to that degree.

There are some youtube videos about it. I've sworn against it, because it's jank. In a game where DACUS gets removed, this shouldn't be a thing. It's really good though...
Wait, if I'm reading that right, you cancel an item toss into an item toss?

ok?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I was under the impression that most favored 3 stock in this game, not because "I want it to be like Brawl," but more so "2 stock leads to defensiveness and almost no comebacks at all"
Hm I don't feel like people favour 3 stock anymore. Only argument for it is more time for adaptation but then again 2 stock tests adaptation even better. Smash Bros. in general always favours defensive play (even Melee) so I wonder if 3 stocks would change anything for the better.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
So... who's Kami:4lucario: without the "Lu" and K_D_B without the underscores? Seems like they made it out of pools according to the brackets.
Kami:4lucario: is a Lucario main, he did pretty well, reps nunchuk

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I know Kamicario because we took part in an online invitational in the ladder once, we played Losers Finals and I lost 3-2. He seemed to be really good too.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
To be fair, why would anyone know the Charizard MU?

Soul.

You should be scared of Zard tbh lol. You just can't shield against it. Up throw boys

Link has decent recovery options, I wasn't trying to discount that. He is one of the characters, though, that doesn't have a whole lot of flexibility in his recovery; one good hit offstage and he's likely gone, especially if he was hit at a low angle (if he can recover high he's probably fine). With recovery you have to consider distance, options, character attributes, and safety. Link's distance is average, maybe a little below average. He has good options (I tend to forget to consider tethers when gimping some characters and constantly misjudge their distance). But his attributes kind of screw him with his mediocre air speed and fast falling speed if he has to recover low. Once he's used his double jump if you hit him he's probably gone. Safety depends on the option he chooses. Tether can react faster but lacks defense, while Spin Attack covers him surprisingly well. I guess I consider him easy to gimp (at least on the easier side) thanks to the effort it takes to secure a stock offstage.
Here's a video of me messing around with Link earlier lol
@Rizen I make you proud gorl? :secretkpop:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
While fair, flare blitz on shield is a guaranteed jab lock combo since he can't tech his weird fall thing.

For some reason, I really dislike Zard as a character with his new up throw. Before I liked it because he was rage + edge guard + landing traps. But now the goal is <insert disease here that involves anger/rage> up throw.

Also, his dthrow killing was really cool.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I took a vow that I'll never go on FG to lose brain cells ever again :halfsheep:

So...

Someone play me

To play list: I don't do 3DS. I'll get rekt :p (copied and pasted)
@Jestar -1st shipping buddy:)
@CPU 3 - "Dark" Pit :132:
@Burgundy Blade - shulk matchups
@Twili - Rosie doubles
@Spritzee -Jiggs and Rosie doubles
@Matsushi - lol lag :p
@|ven| lol want to get rekt by sass :)
@ r_greening1 r_greening1 shipping buddies
@Phenomiracle -Halp me with my :4darkpit:
@Project Crysis -Because Mr. Antony told me to

I like Fox so I'm okay with Bloodcross not going Zard

Edit: His Zard is amazing though. Love how he uses both characters so well

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I took a vow that I'll never go on FG to lose brain cells ever again :halfsheep:

So...

Someone play me

To play list: I don't do 3DS. I'll get rekt :p (copied and pasted)
@Jestar -1st shipping buddy:)
@CPU 3 - "Dark" Pit :132:
@Burgundy Blade - shulk matchups
@Twili - Rosie doubles
@Spritzee -Jiggs and Rosie doubles
@Matsushi - lol lag :p
@|ven| lol want to get rekt by sass :)
@ r_greening1 r_greening1 shipping buddies
@Phenomiracle -Halp me with my :4darkpit:
@Project Crysis -Because Mr. Antony told me to
www.smashladder.com

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Mmkay. Lunch and then my first practice GRE. Yay for studying.

Before I go... is tomorrow Smash 4 finals? Or is that today?

Semis are today at 5 PST. :( Will probably be having dinner. Oh well.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Never seen Bloodcross play not-Charizard before, he plays a clean Fox.

Tears shed for the missed jab reset with the weak nair pushing off the platform.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
rip bloodcross sding at like 12% with the fair

Top Bottom