• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I seriously think Zelda should join the Nair the Character's crew and have a frame 3 Nair. Imagine the possibilities and glamour of Zelda spinning to winning. I mean, she already spins to win with Farore's Wind and Nayru's Love, so why not make her Nair an even better spin to win move? Also, I miss @Farorae.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Wait, what?!?! Woah, woah, woah! @Nairo, did you hear about this?! A full HD remake of the After Years! Woop!
AND A NEW DISSIDIA FOR PS4?! @Mericus gorl now we can have those matches!
Squeenix just please take my money!
seeing as he's been having that rydia pic as his avi since i got here i assume as much
We couldn't get it in, the game's rated E-10.

@ Antonykun Antonykun I finally opened my 3DS like a caffinated non-idiot. Room's up.
I was this close to going to sleep

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Square finally realized their resent FFs are crud and is remaking the old ones :rolleyes:
B-but I liked Final Fantasy XIII. :sadeyes:

And Type-0 was pretty good from what I heard. Also, World of Final Fantasy! Behold the chibis!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Recent FF talk:
TBH I really liked FFXII. The main problem was it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to level up; my 200+ hour file still doesn't have all 6 characters at 99. The story was very good, with a nationalistic take on fantasy. Fantastic characters and almost every secondary character felt like a real person/creature and wasn't 2 dimensional. The lore was fantastic. Great accents too. But it started slow and the player missed a lot of story connections because the game was too long drawn out. I didn't get most of it until my second play through.

FFXIII was underrated. I think it would have gotten better reviews if it wasn't titled as part of the main FF series where players have expectations of exploration. It dipped a little compared to FFs when Square was in their prime (6-10 imo) but didn't deserve all the hate.

FFXIII 2 and 3 really c****ed on the 1st story. FFXIII 1 actually had a great sci-fi plot that came together in the end. All the Deus Ex Machina in the next 2 sucked (didn't play 2 and 3 but watched the cutscenes).

FFX-2 Square-Enix's Charley's Angles. It was entertaining but did not live up to the FF name at all. Most elements were copied from FFX-1. (Also consider what it means that 'Brother' is Yuna's cousin because so is Rikku :facepalm:)

FF11 and 14 never played. I guess the massive online thing didn't fly.

Last edited:
Final Fantasy XIII is a bad movie
I don't know. Like I liked it for what it was, but there were some issues. Out of the XIII trilogy, XIII-2 is by far my favorite. LR had potential, but I really feel like it could've done A LOT more. Plus while I'm running through the game, it's trying to load like "What is textures?"

Oh yeah @ Rizen Rizen . Lol I forgot XIII-2 completely changes the storyline out of nowhere. I did like the whole time-travel plot, but trying to understand what was happening was a mess. I especially love the paradox endings. Those were so cool and interesting to watch imo.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
But goddamn do I not have any idea what to do against a swordspider.

GGs @ Antonykun Antonykun . Next time I will be slightly less trash.

FFXIII is not a good game but I don't wanna make an essay (again) as to why this game was horrible imo. I could hunt for that post if you're curious.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Final Fantasy XIII is a bad movie

Recent FF talk:
TBH I really liked FFXII. The main problem was it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to level up; my 200+ hour file still doesn't have all 6 characters at 99.
I ended up using an EXP exploit early on after restarting the game for the 5th or so time - I think that's the right video. Played it once or twice by renting it, played it the third time after buying it and failed by being stupid, and then after a while, started a more informed playthrough. I really didn't want to level up, so I chained Dustia until I got to like, level 20 or 30. :p

Would like to finish it, but the Zodiac system the "international" version or whatever looks really cool and Balthier is apparently the best white mage because he has low MP which means he can use that skill to regain MP and cast more cure spells since he doesn't have to go through a large pool of MP. Oh, and since white mages can use great swords for some reason, Balthier can abuse his strength stat. Video game logic! :p

I do dislike random drops and such, though...

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
no one does
not even me
like seriously at times i feel like im playing luigi with all that grab reward
Hey you're cute and yellow.
Shank.
Shank.
Grab shank.
Shank.
Shankity shank.
Shank.
Grab shank.
Shank.
Shank grab shank.
Shank.
Shank.
Dead.

**** me backwards, I gotta learn that better.

Rizen

Smash Legend
FFXIII is not a good game but I don't wanna make an essay (again) as to why this game was horrible imo. I could hunt for that post if you're curious.
FFXIII tried something new. It didn't work as well as the tried and true FF style but they get points for experimenting. I'm not saying it was a great game but it didn't deserve all the hate it got. The characters were good or passable. The graphics were fantastic. The story was pretty good even though it had that rushed feeling but that was the point of the game: the ticking clock.
Yes it was too short and linear. Yes it didn't live up to previous FF expectations. But if you isolate FFXIII from the others it was fun, had good graphics, had the player wanting more and could compete with other RPGs in it's own way.
/my 2 cents

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey you're cute and yellow.
Shank.
Shank.
Grab shank.
Shank.
Shankity shank.
Shank.
Grab shank.
Shank.
Shank grab shank.
Shank.
Shank.
Dead.

**** me backwards, I gotta learn that better.
great now im laughing too hard t go to bed

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Speaking of FFXII...what about that ultimate weapon?

You know, the one that you can mess up getting in the first 30 mins of the game...
This is the only thing I know about XII at all

Oh and I didn't think XIII was that bad. It's just...different. But the sequels completely ruined it. COMPLETELY.

Last edited:
FFXIII tried something new. It didn't work as well as the tried and true FF style but they get points for experimenting. I'm not saying it was a great game but it didn't deserve all the hate it got. The characters were good or passable. The graphics were fantastic. The story was pretty good even though it had that rushed feeling but that was the point of the game: the ticking clock.
Yes it was too short and linear. Yes it didn't live up to previous FF expectations. But if you isolate FFXIII from the others it was fun, had good graphics, had the player wanting more and could compete with other RPGs in it's own way.
/my 2 cents
Experimentation is fine and all. Problem is that it's an experiment that went wrong. Like, really wrong to the point that I have trouble deciding if Final Fantasy XIII is a game or a movie or a really fast roller coaster. As for the characters and story, it wasn't anything great or spectacular. Graphics were great, of course (Square Enix was always good with handling the graphics department).

You know, the one that you can mess up getting in the first 30 mins of the game...

Oh and I didn't think XIII was that bad. It's just...different. But the sequels completely ruined it. COMPLETELY.
Pshhhhh... that scorpion thing? That was a pushover, but that one Omega-weapon-esque (looks kinda like FF8 omega weapon if I remember correctly) enemy in the rift place (forgot what it was called, it links areas together and you fight the final boss through there) destroyed me lol.
Wrong game :secretkpop:

What was so bad about the sequels? I understand they kinda spat on XIII's story, but they did expand the game's universe

@ Berserker. Berserker. if you want a movie-game try MGS4. It's a fantastic game, but my goodness there are SO many cutscenes that last a while. (Like any other MGS game)

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I ended up using an EXP exploit early on after restarting the game for the 5th or so time - I think that's the right video. Played it once or twice by renting it, played it the third time after buying it and failed by being stupid, and then after a while, started a more informed playthrough. I really didn't want to level up, so I chained Dustia until I got to like, level 20 or 30. :p

Would like to finish it, but the Zodiac system the "international" version or whatever looks really cool and Balthier is apparently the best white mage because he has low MP which means he can use that skill to regain MP and cast more cure spells since he doesn't have to go through a large pool of MP. Oh, and since white mages can use great swords for some reason, Balthier can abuse his strength stat. Video game logic! :p

I do dislike random drops and such, though...
Random drops are hell. I wish I'd know about that exploit before. Now I could just set my party loose with Gambits in the great crystal near Ultima to get them to lv99 but I already beat all the secret bosses so there's no point.

That was pure evil of the developers. The Zodiac Spear. I got it on my 3rd playthrough (with a guide) right after I had Larsa join my party in the land of the Garif. That weapon is awesome once you get it; I beat the orange crystal bug in the deadlands with it by having one character attack and the other 2 spam cure.

I agree the sequels ruined 13.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Pshhhhh... that scorpion thing? That was a pushover, but that one Omega-weapon-esque (FF8) enemy in the rift place (forgot what it was called) destroyed me lol.
I think Rickster was talking about the Zodiac Spear. Also, there's Yiazmat.

If that doesn't work it sounds like not being cute and yellow may also be an option.
Lavani says as Lavani has a cute, blond anime girl for an avatar. :p

Last edited:
Vanilla has changed his avatar back to a female character. The world has been restored to balance

Lightning Returns was a bad game but to be fair, it's actually a game. Unlike, you know. FFXIII.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Vanilla has changed his avatar back to a female character. The world has been restored to balance
It probably won't last. I feel like a fraud when I use avatars of characters from games I haven't played/probably won't play.

Not that there's no chance of that changing but...

It probably won't last. I feel like a fraud when I use avatars of characters from games I haven't played/probably won't play.

Not that there's no chance of that changing but...
I get that feeling too except it's mostly when it comes to anime instead of video games

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
What game should I buy for 3DS?

I bought a 2DS for the sole purpose of playing Pokemon X&Y long ago.

Games I currently own:

Pokemon Y
Smash Bros.
FE:A

Top Bottom