• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

micstar615

Smash Ace
IDK, he might not live up to your expectations. I'd hate to see his promises fall short. Then you might not think as highly of him. You may even end up belittling Mac when you see how low he can go.
Oh no I'm def aware of Mac's faults he isn't a massive threat but in the right hands he can be scary to face :/ he has some merits over Zelda in terms of pure grounded offense which stinks cuz Zelda is meh in the air :(

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Can't I believe I actually did listen to Groose's theme to help me doodle.

Anyways, off to bed.
lol

Actually, what does everyone do to get their creativity going? I could use this info for my Zelda board fanfics I often listen to the Able Sisters theme when getting some serious sketching on or doing my homework.

Latte

Smash Ace
lol

Actually, what does everyone do to get their creativity going? I could use this info for my Zelda board fanfics I often listen to the Able Sisters theme when getting some serious sketching on or doing my homework.
It depends on what I want to draw. When I don't know what I'm going to draw, I listen to game soundtracks.
Lately I've been listening to soundtracks from Nier and Chrono Cross.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Actually, what does everyone do to get their creativity going?
During an overcast day, I go into a room alone with all the lights off but the curtains open, and turn on some gray day classical music. Well, at least for story-making.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
During an overcast day, I go into a room alone with all the lights off but the curtains open, and turn on some gray day classical music. Well, at least for story-making.
You don't have to answer this if you don't feel comfortable, but what kind things do you write about?

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
lol

The most artistic thing I do is songwriting, so I find complete silence while I'm actively doing something, like walking or fixing something to be the best environment for me.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I don't like her jab. I keep forgetting it exists because a frame 11 jab is disgusting. At least Dtilt is kind of like a jab.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
You don't have to answer this if you don't feel comfortable, but what kind things do you write about?
Ehh, nothing much really. IDK, mostly I just think of continuations to "fan fic"-esqe storylines I made throughout the years using world bases of multiple different video games, such as characters based from the sonic universe (Not the actual sonic characters, though. My own characters.) and characters from animal crossing (Using occasional clever animal crossing references to boot.) I actually don't write a lot of it down. Most of it just exists as parts of a storyline in my head. I get plenty of inspirations from video game, book, and movies. It's fun to think about~ Also, if I'm not feeling in the mood on one storyline, I'm likely in the mood for the other.

Since I also, apparently can draw fine or whatever, I occasionally like drawing the characters as well. I'm an overly shy drawer though, (I don't even like to share with my own family my drawings. Nothing naughty here, though. Nothing like THAT <_<) and I don't draw a lot atm.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
(Using occasional clever animal crossing references to boot.)
Sounds amazing. ACNL destroyed my social life when it first came out last summer. That game is probably in the top 3 of 3DS games. SOOO GOOD

Last edited:

Farorae

Smash Ace
I've been also doing Dthrow -> Delayed Uair as well for some opponents that like to airdodge after the Dthrow.

You know, I think a good idea with Zelda is to actually condition your opponent to behave how you want them. Like, confirm Nairs off of Dthrow a lot, then like purposely miss a few to have them think they can get away with immediately airdodge after the throw, and end up eating a Lightning Kick or Finger Bang instead. :3
The d throw uair has been working well for me. They usually go a bit back wards so I jump slightly back and get the uairs off pretty frequently and it does like 20% something percent if u get the grab and the uair. Better players give me more trouble but if I predict their air dodge I can usually respond accordingly.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Sounds amazing. ACNL destroyed my social life when it first came out last summer. That game is probably in the top 3 of 3DS games. SOOO GOOD
Still play NL ehryday here~

I'm surprised I've been able to even still hold up my AC:Wild World as well.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Ehh, nothing much really. IDK, mostly I just think of continuations to "fan fic"-esqe storylines I made throughout the years using world bases of multiple different video games, such as characters based from the sonic universe (Not the actual sonic characters, though. My own characters.) and characters from animal crossing (Using occasional clever animal crossing references to boot.) I actually don't write a lot of it down. Most of it just exists as parts of a storyline in my head. I get plenty of inspirations from video game, book, and movies. It's fun to think about~ Also, if I'm not feeling in the mood on one storyline, I'm likely in the mood for the other.

Since I also, apparently can draw fine or whatever, I occasionally like drawing the characters as well. I'm an overly shy drawer though, (I don't even like to share with my own family my drawings. Nothing naughty here, though. Nothing like THAT <_<) and I don't draw a lot atm.
Can you share something? Also I would really like to know what your name stands for.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Its pretty good for stopping approaches, follows up from dtilt, and almost has no ending lag.
It's mostly the startup and the low reward that get me. I can't find a place to fit it in, either it's Dtilt or Ftilt instead.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Still play NL ehryday here~

I'm surprised I've been able to even still hold up my AC:Wild World as well.
I haven't played NL for like 3-4 months lol. It's getting to the point where I'm afraid to log back on because my villagers might move away and since I over 100 million bells for them...I'd be very disappointed if they left.

i know i can tt back to the around when I stopped playing and get back to now, but that's kinda meh

Also, I must commend you on being able to still keep up with your WW town. I have WW but never really played it. Maybe I should start. I even have the original for the gamecube...ugh, I can already see my social life going out the window.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh no I'm def aware of Mac's faults he isn't a massive threat but in the right hands he can be scary to face :/ he has some merits over Zelda in terms of pure grounded offense which stinks cuz Zelda is meh in the air :(
That post was just a string of bad puns about Mac being little tbh.

Latte

Smash Ace
AC GCN is still my favorite. NL is pretty close, but the nostalgia high I get from the first AC is overpowering.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Can you share something?
Well, I don't have any concrete writing really, but, the AC-based storyline is centered around three different neighbors in game: Deena, Coco, and Lobo. Predominantly Deena.

It's got mostly NL based inspiration, but it contains unique stores, etc, and doesn't focus on AC subjects, really, but has a larger storyline starting (Well, not really. It starts somewhere else. But the most developed portion starts here.) with Deena (Currently aged 16-ish) having run away from her previous place of living and to a new town to live on her own. She lives in a cheap older house area with few (And odd and troubling) neighbors, because of the low, low prices there. She lies about her age, stating she's older, and eventually, (After some time, settling in, storystuff blahblahblah.) she gets tangled in finding out a murder. It's really more developed than this, but for noting purposes, I slimmed it a little.

There are currently two other "Books" (As I call them, basically separations of the storyline.) as well. One (the one before the mentioned portion.) is the least developed area atm, but it follows her through when she first gets to the aforementioned place she ran away from. (She's there for a few years.) and a more developed storyline portion AFTER the aforementioned one where she goes to a different town (Not to live) and gets mixed with the tangled web of the town's hieress to mayorship and her past, and the cult-related control based around the town tree. It's a little darker than the first two portions. >,>

But yeah, Animal crossing. :D

Also I would really like to know what your name stands for.
The all-important question, lol. Isn't it more fun if it's a mystery, though?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
May I ask why you chose those specific villagers? Aside from Coco, they're not very popular in the AC community at all.

The whole story does sound very interesting and it'd be something that I would be interested in reading, whenever you finish it. I've always preferred darker themes and this seems perfect. gl on writing it!

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
May I ask why you chose those specific villagers? Aside from Coco, they're not very popular in the AC community at all.
Firstly, exactly. Screw popular villagers. This also means at least my most important characters are likely completely unused.

Secondly, I really like these neighbors, and their characters were developed pretty well around their in-game "personalities". (Also atm, I actually have all three. I was able to her them over the first year of playing. Got all three consecutively back in September and October via ACC.)

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
tbh I think ha Dthrow will become a very important part of her metagame. There are multiple ways to score damage, (Or even a kill) that aside form occasional guaranteed combos, there is a lot of optional conditioning that can slip the opponent up. That's why I plan on making an in-depth write up on Dthrow, because knowledge of how to effectively use Zelda's tricks can be pretty powerful.
Down throw → Bair is a guaranteed 26% at low percents (you can nair to fair/bair also but I don't think it's guaranteed). This usually stops around 30-40% on lightweights. It still works at later percents but it can be escaped. I see a lot of Zeldas just go for Down throw → Nair and passing up all the free damage at early percents.
Down throw → Nair is bread and butter at pretty much any percent. you can occasionally link in a second nair or a fair/bair afterwords.
Down throw → Fair is a good punish option at mid-high percents if the opponent starts air dodging your throws instantly.
Down throw → Uair is a great kill option if you can do it fast enough. I would love to say its guaranteed but it's not. :/
Down throw → Din's Fire is a punish on instant air dodges. Only does around 14% damage and you have to know they are going to dodge. not really worth it but I do it anyways cause YOLO Zelda! Good for mind games I guess lol.
Down throw → Farore's Ladder will kill around 60% but you have to adjust the second hit based on where the first one sends them. Can be a little difficult to use effectively.

Forward throw → Farore's Wind if you ever get bored of all Down throw combos. Works around 50-60%
Up throw → Farore's Wind kills at high percents but it's kinda sketchy. Use it rarely or not at all.

Not a throw but:
Punishing players that rolls behind you with Dair → Farore's ladder is so satisfying. Only do the Dair if they are under 70% since a Farore's Ladder would kill them otherwise.

Figured I would share some of the things I do with throws with the sisters. Most of this is probably common knowledge lol. Zelda lives off of down throw combos. She has so many different options that the opponent should always be guessing what is coming.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Firstly, exactly.

Secondly, I really like these neighbors, and their characters were developed pretty well around their in-game "personalities". (Also atm, I actually have all three. I was able to her them over the first year of playing. Got all three consecutively back in September and October via ACC.)
Coco has always been pretty cool to me. She's so weird and creepy; I love it. Deena and Lobo, while not any of my favorite or anything, are okay, too. I'm not a big fan of their personalities (peppy is cute but gets old fast and cranky is too rude for my liking), but I like their designs.

That's one my favorite things about the AC games as a whole. Every single villager has fans for multitudes of reasons and that's really cool to me.

btw, what does ACC stand for? I tried googling it and nothing comes up, except for an AC forum (unless that's what you meant).

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
How does one not fall asleep at the computer during long training plans? So boring...

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Coco has always been pretty cool to me. She's so weird and creepy; I love it. Deena and Lobo, while not any of my favorite or anything, are okay, too. I'm not a big fan of their personalities (peppy is cute but gets old fast and cranky is too rude for my liking), but I like their designs.

That's one my favorite things about the AC games as a whole. Every single villager has fans for multitudes of reasons and that's really cool to me.

btw, what does ACC stand for? I tried googling it and nothing comes up, except for an AC forum (unless that's what you meant).
Rofl Deena is a normal type personality like Coco.

ACC stands for Animal Crossing Community.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My favorite AC character is Kitt heehee cx. I liked her kindness/friendlyness ^o^ I stopped playing AC:NL for some time. I checked my town after a while and I found out that she moved. You don't know how sad I was :'(

Latte

Smash Ace
I like Aurora, Bob, Purrl, Static, and Boots a lot.

Also, Pascal is adorable.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Rofl Deena is a normal type personality like Coco.

ACC stands for Animal Crossing Community.
Really? Well, normal is one of my favorite personalities. I guess I never bothered to learn about Deena because there are, imo, better normal villagers such as Fauna and Gayle. Tia is cool, too.

My favorite AC character is Kitt heehee cx. I liked her kindness/friendlyness ^o^ I stopped playing AC:NL for some time. I checked my town after a while and I found out that she moved. You don't know how sad I was :'(
Pro tip: set the date on your ds to around when you played last (even if it was months prior. However, be careful because going back too far or too little can cause them to leave without telling you) and they shouldn't move. You can go forward a day at a time, talking to every single villager a few times to see if anyone's thinking of moving. If someone is thinking about moving, go to that villager, and tell them to stay when they ask to go. Save, quit, and then change your ds to the actual date. You should be fine after that.

My favorite villager is Chadder. He's a mouse made of cheese. How can you not love him? (also, he's of the smug personality, which is the best personality in the game).

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I like Zell, Merengue, and Drake. Those guys were pretty rad.

D

Deleted member

Really? Well, normal is one of my favorite personalities. I guess I never bothered to learn about Deena because there are, imo, better normal villagers such as Fauna and Gayle. Tia is cool, too.

Pro tip: set the date on your ds to around when you played last (even if it was months prior. However, be careful because going back too far or too little can cause them to leave without telling you) and they shouldn't move. You can go forward a day at a time, talking to every single villager a few times to see if anyone's thinking of moving. If someone is moving, go to that villager, and tell them to stay when they ask to go. Save, quit, and then change your ds to the actual date. You should be fine after that.

My favorite villager is Chadder. He's a mouse made of cheese. How can you not love him? (also, he's of the smug personality, which is the best personality in the game).
I feel like such a non-pro Animal Crosser. I AM NOW KNOWN AS THAT ONE BAD ANIMAL CROSSER. Haha....one day......Kitt will return......SHE WILL COME BACK TO ME.........*cries*

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I feel like such a non-pro Animal Crosser. I AM NOW KNOWN AS THAT ONE BAD ANIMAL CROSSER. Haha....one day......Kitt will return......SHE WILL COME BACK TO ME.........*cries*
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but to get back a villager that was in your town, you need to cycle through 16 different villagers. By cycle, I mean have them leave your town. Only after the 16th villager leaves will you be able to get Kitt back.

sorry!

edit: @ L Latte I just noticed you changed your avatar. It's absolutely adorable and I love it. tbh you probably have the most adorable avatar in the whole thread.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but to get back a villager that was in your town, you need to cycle through 16 different villagers. By cycle, I mean have them leave your town. Only after the 16th villager leaves will you be able to get Kitt back.

sorry!

edit: @ L Latte I just noticed you changed your avatar. It's absolutely adorable and I love it. tbh you probably have the most adorable avatar in the whole thread.

WHAT. BUT.......BUT.........WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'LL GET RID OF THOSE 16 OTHER VILLAGERS TO GET KITT BACK.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Dan, why did you change the Eris avi?
At least post the pic so I can save it

Farorae

Smash Ace
Down throw → Bair is a guaranteed 26% at low percents (you can nair to fair/bair also but I don't think it's guaranteed). This usually stops around 30-40% on lightweights. It still works at later percents but it can be escaped. I see a lot of Zeldas just go for Down throw → Nair and passing up all the free damage at early percents.
Down throw → Nair is bread and butter at pretty much any percent. you can occasionally link in a second nair or a fair/bair afterwords.
Down throw → Fair is a good punish option at mid-high percents if the opponent starts air dodging your throws instantly.
Down throw → Uair is a great kill option if you can do it fast enough. I would love to say its guaranteed but it's not. :/
Down throw → Din's Fire is a punish on instant air dodges. Only does around 14% damage and you have to know they are going to dodge. not really worth it but I do it anyways cause YOLO Zelda! Good for mind games I guess lol.
Down throw → Farore's Ladder will kill around 60% but you have to adjust the second hit based on where the first one sends them. Can be a little difficult to use effectively.

Forward throw → Farore's Wind if you ever get bored of all Down throw combos. Works around 50-60%
Up throw → Farore's Wind kills at high percents but it's kinda sketchy. Use it rarely or not at all.

Not a throw but:
Punishing players that rolls behind you with Dair → Farore's ladder is so satisfying. Only do the Dair if they are under 70% since a Farore's Ladder would kill them otherwise.

Figured I would share some of the things I do with throws with the sisters. Most of this is probably common knowledge lol. Zelda lives off of down throw combos. She has so many different options that the opponent should always be guessing what is coming.
Unfortunately for me I have a ton of trouble landing d throw bair and d throw nair, usually whiffing or hitting for the significantly lower percent.

Top Bottom