• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fair sounds like she's hitting a truck, and Fair's hit feels like you hit your opponent with a train. Peach's fair is definitely one of the best in the game.
Wait until you see Sheik's f-air. It's a horrible nightmare to go against. It's extremely fast. You'll get fair'd repeatedly. It's ultra safe. I don't even know my options against f-air. It's almost as disgusting as Diddy's u-air. I'm sure somebody here or outside this boards might argue that it is even more disgusting and I probably won't object anyway because I don't care. I hate both Sheik's f-air and Diddy's u-air.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait until you see Sheik's f-air. It's horrible nightmare to go against. It's extremely fast. You'll get fair'd repeatedly. It's ultra safe. I don't even know my options against f-air. It's almost as disgusting as Diddy's u-air. I'm sure somebody here or outside this boards might argue that it is even more disgusting and I probably won't object anyway because I don't care. I hate both Sheik's f-air and Diddy's u-air.
I've played a lot of Shieks and Diddys (Thanks, FG) and I know about those two moves >_> I haven't played any actual Shiek or Diddy mains outside of FG. So I think I haven't seen the true power of those two moves......
Im scared...

Last edited by a moderator:
As Shulk or as Robin?
I avoid Sheik when I go Robin mostly because my Robin not as good as my Shulk. I just go Shulk against Sheik

Also, I exaggerated (a bit) about having no options. It's more of, "I don't have that much reliable options against it." U-tilt or Air slash might work as good anti airs but I usually get f-air'd before I can even do any of the two. I probably should just space them a lot more properly to make them safe but I'm under the notion that if Sheik FF's her f-air, it's probably still going to stop any of the 2 attacks (Not sure about this to be honest). Eh, I'm probably raging too much.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Well @ Berserker. Berserker. let's look at the frame data. Shiek's F-air hit-box comes out on frame 5. Assuming she is already in the short hop animation if you both throw your attacks at the same time Shulk will get hit. This is because Shulk's U-tilt hit-box comes out on frame 10. On the other hand, if Shiek is coming from above and you predict correctly U-tilt might be a great option. The attack that Shulk has that comes out on frame 5 as well is his jab 1, which is his fastest attack I believe. Now depending on Shiek's spacing this could work to your advantage. Air Slash is just dangerous, especially at low percents since if you miss it's a guaranteed punish. Now in terms of options, I'm not sure since I still have very little experience with Shulk. However, you could power shield and/or try to bait situations for the Shiek player. After you find a way to respond to F-air, whatever that may be, you can bait your opponent into that situation and punish him/her. On the other hand, Shulk does have a lot of range on his attacks. Tilts should work wonders I believe. That's where you want to be. Shiek's hit-boxes are shorter for the most part but incredibly fast moves seriously look at that frame data. Should Shulk try to trade with Shiek in the air? I'm not sure, it seems Shiek has the advantage here unless he/she spaces incorrectly and your range trumps Shiek. Anyways, these are my 2 cents and I could probably be wrong since Shulk is kind of alien to me.

And we just talked about Shulk on the Zelda social D: wait getting back on topic. Look guys a Mopcina main! <<<

Last edited:
Power shielding Sheik's f-air is eh.... difficult but it's an option anyway

Also, air slash... It's deceptive as an attack in general. It's surprisingly good because it's decently quick (when you compare it to Shulk's frame data) and it deals 12% damage if you get both hits connected AND it has good knockback. Like, when I used it a bunch of times, I thought my opponents were just inexperienced against Shulk but then I saw Ally use the hell out of air slash in his recent Shulk videos. He was a bit reckless with it but it worked for him for most of his matches

Thanks by the way for helping and for looking at Sheik's frame data (smh at frame 5 f-air...). I really need to read up on Sheik's frame data so I can understand my options. I only know Shulk's frame data at the moment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Today is my last day of Winter Break :'( During these 2 weeks my sleeping schedule has been severely messed up LOL. I'm probably gonna sleep through all of my classes xD

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Also, air slash... It's deceptive as an attack in general. It's surprisingly good because it's decently quick (when you compare it to Shulk's frame data) and it deals 12% damage if you get both hits connected AND it has good knockback. Like, when I used it a bunch of times, I thought my opponents were just inexperienced against Shulk but then I saw Ally use the hell out of air slash in his recent Shulk videos. He was a bit reckless with it but it worked for him for most of his matches
Interesting, I have to see his matches then. Well that's good information for me too, a new tool to use in my Shulk game-play.

D

Deleted member

Did that for the past 2 days already

Probably will do the same tomorrow since it's already nearing midnight in my time zone and I'm awake
I've slept through my English and Global Studies classes multiple times. You don't know how hard I try to stay awake xD

Interesting, I have to see his matches then. Well that's good information for me too, a new tool to use in my Shulk game-play.
Ally doing things (Look if you feel like it)

Just a quick question, all of Zelda's aerials have a ton of landing lag. How do you guys get around this?

Edit: Seriously. Her landing lag on her aerials is horrendous. They're all above 20 frames O_o

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Just a quick question, all of Zelda's aerials have a ton of landing lag. How do you guys get around this?

Edit: Seriously. Her landing lag on her aerials is horrendous. They're all above 20 frames O_o
You just...don't use them lol. I feel like you have to really commit when you throw out any of them, although nair and dair aren't AS bad. But yeah the lag is terrible and it leaves us with terrible landing options. Just shielding or spotdodging beats pretty much every option except teleporting away, and even then the lag will get us punished by fast dashers.

EDIT: One way to get around it is going for the ledge.

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious

I guess we just have to know something is going to hit. We really can't risk doing something if we aren't positive that it's going to be effective.

If we miss, we lose. unless our opponent doesn't know how to punish

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
I don't use Zelda's aerials in this game too often. They all are just too risky, UAir and Fair/Bair especially so. Dair is alright and NAir is a good follow up in some strings but other than that Zelda stays grounded basically a sitting duck

Peach's DTilt has stupid range and is so satisfying to use. Sigh. At least we can say that Zelda and Sheik are the same person so Zelda is high tier by association :troll:

@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght what post is that from??

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
You know, Zelda's crappy air game sometimes makes me think she's a somewhat worse version of Mac.

Rizen

Smash Legend
At least Mac has good mobility and super armor as well as reliable smash attacks and decent specials and is husbando material
IDK, he might not live up to your expectations. I'd hate to see his promises fall short. Then you might not think as highly of him. You may even end up belittling Mac when you see how low he can go.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Guys let us all say one good thing about Zelda's kit to keep moral up. She is best at................

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
That satisfying feeling when you land her aerials though.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I like her recovery. And sometimes people don't tech grounded Dair, I have fond memories of thunderstomping with Ganondorf. Thunderheeling, that's got a nice ring to it.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

You land a couple of her truly laggy aerials (FAir/BAir/UAir) and make people respect them a little.

But in seriousness you really just shouldn't land during the landing lag window if you're anywhere near an opponent. Basically we try and use them when we know we aren't gonna land during them (If we can).

It sounds rather terrible and limiting, buT the laggiest ones are very situational anyways. If you're lucky, those few times you actually use the move and land during the LAG, your opponent won't have realized what move you used and miss the punish opportunity.

EDIT : anyways did anyone see that thing about each character was going to have 4 custom variations? Sounds interesting.

I watched the first vid, and when they did Zelda's unfinished Phantom 4, and it like, was 'stuck' there, I suddenly thought it was gonna be like, a lingering Phantom that stays longer and can take hits. Which sounds pretty cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, she's best at....uh......HAVING PRETTY MAGICAL ATTACKS!...
I KNOW I'M BAD AT THIS OKAY DON'T RUB IT IN.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Guys let us all say one good thing about Zelda's kit to keep moral up. She is best at................
BEING TOP TIER WAIFU MATERIAL. :4zelda:

Get rekt Zero Skill Spamus kiddos.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Welp I get to have fun sitting back in personnel at work for the next five hours while I complete computer training. I'll bbl.

Edit: mobile got a page, ooo.

yeah I know it doesn't matter here at all....

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Returning to the edge after going offstage, and she has among the best AD punishes off a throw (Dthrow > BAir) IMO.

What was that Diddy? Oh, you were killed by Zelda at 85% off a Dthrow? HmmmmmT

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I've been also doing Dthrow -> Delayed Uair as well for some opponents that like to airdodge after the Dthrow.

You know, I think a good idea with Zelda is to actually condition your opponent to behave how you want them. Like, confirm Nairs off of Dthrow a lot, then like purposely miss a few to have them think they can get away with immediately airdodge after the throw, and end up eating a Lightning Kick or Finger Bang instead. :3

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I've been also doing Dthrow -> Delayed Uair as well for some opponents that like to airdodge after the Dthrow.

You know, I think a good idea with Zelda is to actually condition your opponent to behave how you want them. Like, confirm Nairs off of Dthrow a lot, then like purposely miss a few to have them think they can get away with immediately airdodge after the throw, and end up eating a Lightning Kick or Finger Bang instead. :3
tbh I think ha Dthrow will become a very important part of her metagame. There are multiple ways to score damage, (Or even a kill) that aside form occasional guaranteed combos, there is a lot of optional conditioning that can slip the opponent up. That's why I plan on making an in-depth write up on Dthrow, because knowledge of how to effectively use Zelda's tricks can be pretty powerful.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
EXCUSE MY LATE REPLY

But.......but.....I'm not a waifu feg or a condescending ***hole ._.
*cries*
I do apologize for my sweeping generalities. I didn't specifically mean you or anyone in particular, for the matter.

I'm guessing I belong to the condescending *******s? I can't imagine me being a waifu feg... what does it even mean?
tbh I think you're pretty cool and probs don't belong to either group. I've actually been thinking about asking you about some tips on how one would start beginning to learn Peach.

And it was like midnight when I posted that and I'd been running on about 3 hours of sleep... and so I guess I exaggerated a bit. The peach boards aren't nearly as bad as I made them out to be. I think I just stumbled across one bad egg and they left me with a bad impression. The peach boards are actually decent for a character subforum.

A waifu feg is like a person who is obsessed with their "waifu" and just the general stuff that goes along with that. Basically, the ZSS boards and how they treat ZSS. (peach mains are as bad as the ZSS mains,but still...)

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
Dthrow and dtilt are kind of Zelda's main only options when it comes to stringing multiple moves together reliably. That, and utilts (at lower %). That said, utilts have such short range that it's almost always a safer option to dtilt IMO.

I'd love to use utilt more, but I honestly have no idea when it should be used.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

EXCUSE MY LATE REPLY

I do apologize for my sweeping generalities. I didn't specifically mean you or anyone in particular, for the matter.

tbh I think you're pretty cool and probs don't belong to either group. I've actually been thinking about asking you about some tips on how one would start beginning to learn Peach.

And it was like midnight when I posted that and I'd been running on about 3 hours of sleep... and so I guess I exaggerated a bit. The peach boards aren't nearly as bad as I made them out to be.

A waifu feg is like a person who is obsessed with their "waifu" and just the general stuff that goes along with that. Basically, the ZSS boards and how they treat ZSS. (peach mains are as bad as the ZSS mains,but still...)
Don't worry :p I'm only playing around, haha cx.

Top Bottom