• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Yeah the lag was getting pretty bad. Your Peach is pretty great but I found it odd that you didn't try chasing me offstage with float.

I think escaping boost kick isn't exclusive to Greninja I think you just didn't follow my DI properly. I think I managed to Shadow Sneak cancel it once though lol.

Also thanks to these matches I realized I need to use Substitute more, such glorious 70% kills with it.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Yeah the lag was getting pretty bad. Your Peach is pretty great but I found it odd that you didn't try chasing me offstage with float.

I think escaping boost kick isn't exclusive to Greninja I think you just didn't follow my DI properly. I think I managed to Shadow Sneak cancel it once though lol.

Also thanks to these matches I realized I need to use Substitute more, such glorious 70% kills with it.
Yeah I just throw turnips and dair at the edge. I don't really go deep.

That bomb kill will be something I'll keep forever.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Yeah I just throw turnips and dair at the edge. I don't really go deep.

That bomb kill will be something I'll keep forever.
The game lagged just as I was going to airdodge the bomb smh.

You might want to start chasing people offstage with float though, it's really good and you can get ridiculously early kills with it.

Also you hurt me everytime you make me play on Castle Siege >_>

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Can't kill list:
:4duckhunt:: He's got UAir but outside of that yeah. He also has kill setups with customs though.
:4gaw:: UAir is hard to land, his smashes are slow, and 9 is a gamble.
:4samus:: She's got a couple of fast attacks, like FSmash and BAir, but they require precision to get early kills. Charge Shot is a threat though.
:4metaknight:: @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 gud 1
:4miigun:: Yeah, but there's so much stage control that it doesn't feel awful.
:4miibrawl:: Okay, yeah, default Brawler is horrible at getting KOs.
:4pikachu:: You can fairly easily avoid Pikachu's kill attempts. FSmash is stupid though.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I remember when people thought Falco couldn't kill without anything, but his Smashes... And then you look at his damage output and behold his Bair. :p

Can't kill list:
:4duckhunt:: He's got UAir but outside of that yeah. He also has kill setups with customs though.
:4samus:: She's got a couple of fast attacks, like FSmash and BAir, but they require precision to get early kills. Charge Shot is a threat though.
:4pikachu:: You can fairly easily avoid Pikachu's kill attempts. FSmash is stupid though.
:4zelda: :secretkpop:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
The game lagged just as I was going to airdodge the bomb smh.

You might want to start chasing people offstage with float though, it's really good and you can get ridiculously early kills with it.

Also you hurt me everytime you make me play on Castle Siege >_>
Wat castle siege is my favorite CP

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Can't kill list:
Aren't you forgetting the character whose only flaw is lack of kill power? :4sheik:

=V

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I just realised there's another bit of DLC I'd like to see in Smash. :yeahboi:

Knuckles The Knuckles from the Kunckles The Knuckles series. Which had Knuckles The Knuckles be in a brief cameo behind some NPC Knuckles.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
there is a fly somewhere and it is annoying

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Rage screws with Boost Kick heavily I found, when I was thinking about picking up ZSS I don't think I properly connected Boost Kick on anything when I was at 100%+.

Though yeah she does have to follow your DI too.

Still mad that Boost Kick has a 0 SDI multiplier :mad:

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
For some reason I've been finding that if you start the Boost Kick while below your opponent, you'll usually knock them out before the end of the move, but if you start it while level, or after burying them with Flip Jump, it's easier to keep them in it. Rage can make it less accurate, but if you follow the opponent properly, you should still get them.

I think I have some re-invigorated faith in Flaco now. I think this happens every time I land d-tilt or grab with him. I think I should use d-tilt more at neutral. I'm too reliant on spacing with f-tilt but using that won't get me anywhere with Flaco. Mii gunner is pretty fun. @ Antonykun Antonykun I still think Mii Gunner is the best class (in default settings) but that's just my opinion. I'm having that same phase again with Robin. I'm beginning to fall a bit in love with the character even if she isn't exactly the best character in the game, if you know what I mean by that.

G'night

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Mmhmm, I find D-Tilt to be a better move thanks to the disjoint it has and the fact it can potentially kill people.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Aren't you forgetting the character whose only flaw is lack of kill power? :4sheik:

=V
True that, kill power and damage per individual hit (but she can link attacks together so well it's not a massive issue).

Edgeguarding is a thing for a lot of those characters I mentioned, too.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think I have some re-invigorated faith in Flaco now. I think this happens every time I land d-tilt or grab with him. I think I should use d-tilt more at neutral. I'm too reliant on spacing with f-tilt but using that won't get me anywhere with Flaco.
G'night
Ike would kill for that Dtilt... Half if not most of the cast would kill for Falco's Dtilt. A Dtilt that can combo early on, setup, and kill fairly well if sweet-spotted is a really versatile move. Ike's Dtilt kills at like 100% later than Falco's sweet-spotted Dtilt and 20% later than Falco's spaced Dtilt which is kind of ironic considering he's swinging a sword and Falco's just swiping with his tail. Same hit frame, but Ike's weirdly has lower knockback growth, lower base knockback, and lower damage even compared to Falco's spaced Dtilt. Falco's weird in a sense he has really good moves like jab, Utilt, Dtilt, Nair, Uair, Fair, Bair, U-throw, and Reflector all on a character who can't really abuse them. If you transferred all of these moves to characters like Fox, Ike, and more, they would be even better. Could you imagine Fox with a Dtilt kill, faster and stronger Bair, and a kill throw?

Anyway, Dtilt has base knockback, 50 sweet-spotted and 35 elsewhere, which at low percents pushes people back enough where he can continue to Dtilt or whatever. Being disjointed and knockback growth just adds to the safety of the move, 90 sweet-spotted and 88 elsewhere. It's good for spacing, but it's not going to work on airborne opponents or opponents with moves that put them in the air a bit like Link's Dash Attack. Ftilt is better at later percent since it's literally a weaker, grounded Bair that can be angled. Ftilt's power is purely from raw damage and knockback growth; 9% and 100 KBG with no base knockback. Not having base knockback makes it kind of pitiful at low percents where Falco has to keep Ftilting or something or risk getting powered through. It's not Bair that does 13% with 130 KBG. Even Bair's late hit has some BKB, 30, and the 100 KBG while doing 7%. Ftilt's a good move, but it's only good at around mid-percents which is why I wished it either hit sooner or it had less end lag since unlike Fox, Falco can't dash and pivot Ftilt and do those wacky shenanigans using Ftilt's low knockback or just Ftilt and run like Fox. Hell, adding some base knockback could make his Ftilt safer at low percents.

I can't even make fun of Falco since he's actually ok now, his recovery is still absolute **** though.
Reading a random user's hope that Falco's Fire Bird would change to be something different to contrast Fox's fire element-theme and Star Fox Zero being inspired by Thunderbirds makes me wished his Up Special was electric instead of fire. Thunder Bird would have been at least a cool and unique-looking Up Special to differentiate him from Fox more. Hell, it would make sense with the multi-hitting aspect of Falco's Fire Bird. I swear the team thinks Falco's recovery is so goddamned good because his jump is high. Yoshi's jump is amazing, but you so much as footstool him or force him to stall and he's dead. Hell, look at Ryu! His recovery is linear, but it's almost borderline Sheik's level since he's invincible for Shoryuken, Tatsumaki is a lingering hitbox, and even Focus Attack can let Ryu juke in the air. Yeah, so much for a high jump on Falco. Falco's recovery in terms of Specials is probably worst than Little Mac's because it's so easy to interrupt compared to Little Mac, Dr. Mario, and Ganondorf puts fear in others when he can Flame Choke slam you or stage spike you with Dark Dive. Falco only has a slow Fire Bird that doesn't even connect properly and a frame 18 soft spike that's easily interrupted and there's no freaking reason you should be level with Falco while edgeguarding him.

Top Bottom