• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I (mostly) prefer customs on, but I can see both sides of the argument. The main problem I have is setting them up - there's a few characters you can't cover in 10 sets, and transferring your own sets from 3DS would probably slow down a tournament's progress. Some characters also benefit more than others, but the main ones benefitting are the lower tiers, while characters who are already good don't gain much.
There are a few other things I don't like about the Irish ruleset though - which brainboxes decided that 2 stocks was a good idea? Way too short in my opinion.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'll just quickly say that I'm kinda indifferent about customs, as I don't particularly mind either to a certain extent. But EVO customs might not go well, so we might revert to vanilla in the end more or less due to organizational problems.

But 2-stock + customs is absolutely bad. Too little time to adapt and the game becomes a lot more defensive and hard to watch with one less stock. Honestly, if we go back to 3-stock I don't care what happens to customs, but 2-stocks should NOT have customs on IMO.

#Free3Stock #TheOnlyTrueMeta

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Remember that Link main who was asking who was the best Zelda here JUST TO CHALLENGE ONE OF US!? Well, here was his TRUE intentions EXPOSED.

He fought one of the Robin moderators (one of the better Robin players there) on Sm4sh 3DS in a Robin ditto. The events that happened after...

link moderator said:
Greetings Robin mains; I come bearing tidings. Recently one of the newest and most unruly members of our boards posted a replay vs one of your own claiming him to be the best Robin in Smashboards.

Personally, and I know most other true Link Mains, I am inclined to disbelieve his vain boasts. However, others might believe it. So I offer warning so you may deal with his boasts in the way you deem best.

http://smashboards.com/threads/video-critique-thread-28th-may.369394/page-14#post-19344799

I bid thee farewell.
So after he wins ONE ROBIN DITTO against the Robin mod, that Link players starts boasting like crazy, as if he's the best player in the world *facepalm*

disappointed robin mod said:
I guess the positive way to take this is to be flattered that someone on the internet wants to hold up a single win against me as a trophy. That's something.

Let's get the boasting he did FOR me cleared up. I am not the best Robin on Smashboards. I have never claimed to be. I do think highly of my play, and I consider myself AMONG the best (definitely top 5), but I am not crazy enough to claim I'm a better Robin than Nairo or Trela without having played either. And even then, the ditto is not a definitive measure of who is better at the character.

To talk about the rest of it.....

1) The SINGLE game he posted was the bonus round that we played AFTER I had won the set 3-2. It was (to nobody's surprise) the only game where he beat me by anything other than last-stock last-hit. And it was largely because I was playing more aggressively because I had already won the set. I didn't record them, but one of the games I beat him in was a time-out where I camped out the last 40 seconds with a 10% lead. I didn't play lame in the last game he posted.

2) The other games we played were: 2-stock victory my favor on Yoshi's Island, 2-victory my favor on Arena Ferox, Last-stock last-hit loss on FD, last-stock last-hit loss on BF, Time-out win on YI.

I treated this set pretty casually. I agreed to a number of conditions I would not have agreed to otherwise if I had known this sort of boasting was to come of it. First, I didn't pick or counter-pick stages. I picked random the whole time. If I really cared, I'd have taken him to Prism Tower or something.

I also (as Cardinal notes) agreed to no customs. I didn't feel like putting up a big stink about it, but I absolutely would have used them if he hadn't specifically asked for them to be turned off. Especially on FD, which we played on twice (including the bonus round).

I agreed to 3DS controls. I do not consider my play on the 3DS to be at all reflective of my actual quality of play. There are quite a few things that I either don't or CAN'T do properly with 3DS controls, which include but are not limited to: Falling (and retreating) Uair, Approaching Reverse Uair, Perfect Pivot retreating Bair, (correctly) buffering ledge-trump Bair, FH Fair to Fastfall Nair, Thunder-charge wave-bounces.... there are more. I need two sticks to be playing at 100%. I didn't throw a fit about it earlier because I didn't want to be a sore-winner and talk about all the **** I couldn't do properly, and I didn't think I'd be dealing with.... this.

[That Link player] I know you're obviously pretty young, so I can see where your mindset is in trying to make yourself look better by cherrypicking the one game where you won the hardest. You're by no means a bad player. You do a lot of good things that your average For Glory Link doesn't. Like walking. And using F-tilt (Why the heck is that safe even on PS?!). And not blindly tossing boomerangs when I have Thoron charged. You're not bad at this game.

But what you have done here is..... at BEST.... dishonest. At worst, it's lying and vain boasting.

To sum it up, I guess I'm just.... disappointed that it came to this.
I'm kind of disgusted that these kinda people exist here. Well, more reason not to go to the :4link:boards.

If that guy comes back here, it might be best to not accept his challenges.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Remember that Link main who was asking who was the best Zelda here JUST TO CHALLENGE ONE OF US!? Well, here was his TRUE intentions EXPOSED.

He fought one of the Robin moderators (one of the better Robin players there) on Sm4sh 3DS in a Robin ditto. The events that happened after...

So after he wins ONE ROBIN DITTO against the Robin mod, that Link players starts boasting like crazy, as if he's the best player in the world *facepalm*

I'm kind of disgusted that these kinda people exist here. Well, more reason not to go to the :4link:boards.

Can he beat me in a Rocket Raccoon ditto?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Get rid of customs altogether. The meta is plagued with grab releases,30% kill combo's,fradulant moves that skips fundamentals and more campy play.

MK isn't good in customs i don't know if you guys find mid tier 'good' but i think that position is terrible, buuuut certain custom characters can still lose to default MK lol. If you don't beat default MK with your customs you're doing something horribly wrong or you suck(depends on characters).

HSD improves MKs camping game since its a good 'no no no over there' move, @ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 and @ Baskerville Baskerville should have my cancer custom matches. Like if people want customs to stay so be it, but imma camp your main like a bish because customs enhance my camp game. lol

#downwithcustoms
#eventopplayershateit
#freewolf
#nextweekhe'llbeannounced

Edit: That Link player is sad, Link boards is like a bird cage.

Last edited:

Soul.

I want customs to stay because they buff lower tier characters!
--
Person 1: Ugh, this custom is annoying.
Person 2: What is problematic to you?
Person 1: Custom moves.
Person 2: Oh come on, why custom moves?
Person 1: They are full of jank.
Person 2: -insert a tl;dr with counter-arguments-

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

I'm just amazed by the fact he thinks that beating a mod is something to be boasting about. Seriously. :glare:
I want customs to stay because they buff lower tier characters!
--
Person 1: Ugh, this custom is annoying.
Person 2: What is problematic to you?
Person 1: Custom moves.
Person 2: Oh come on, why custom moves?
Person 1: They are full of jank.
Person 2: -insert a tl;dr with counter-arguments-
People are going to be arguing about this like no tomorrow. I just want to have a unified ruleset but that's just isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Raccoons are honestly pests. We had to get cart locks for our garbage and compost.

Only raccoon I ever liked was Zigzagoon.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Play with me and @ Fernosaur Fernosaur sometime. Or against us or whatever. He probably doesn't want to be on my team after I picked Norfair and SD 5 times :(
I was actually going to tell Philly to team up with me vs whoever, so it's nothing personal against you. I just really wanna get inside @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 's butt.

That's all it takes?

****. I've been Iron Man for years.
No.

You have to be cool too.

Sorry, bud.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Tuna is so fun to play; I'd main her if her tilts weren't so awful. I think I'm in the minority here when I say that dtilt is my favorite tilt of hers. It's actually decently fast and doesn't leave you open for 12 years like her other tilts do.
And why is Tuna's grab range so huge? I can grab people from like a character length away and it's great. No one can escape my eventual goal of giving them mercury poisoning. :^)
What I thought you were talking about Luma.

Anyway g'morning!

I woke at 12 this time

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Raccoons are honestly pests. We had to get cart locks for our garbage and compost.

Only raccoon I ever liked was Zigzagoon.
:( We aren't pests. That breaks my tiny raccoon heart. We only want your garbage because you keep tearing down our houses. :(

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Customs are really fun to play around with. Competitively? I can't say. But I enjoy using them in friendlies.

It's not out of the question for customs to get nerfed in balance patches. Dragon Rush got its damage reduced significantly.
Yeah, because obviously CHARIZARD needed the nerf.

I honestly have very little faith in Sakurai to balance anything anymore.
I'm really curious to see just how many countries are represented here in the Zelda Social. If people don't mind giving up their location they should post their country.
But I know we have:
United States
Canada
Mexico
Ireland

And I'm sure there are plenty more!
Philippines where the berserkers live
Japan - Yaaay
Brazil - FullMoon
UK - warionumbah2

and I think that basically sums it up.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
GORL THAT IS MY PALETTE

B-but your avi is the best Zelda alt
Is it because she looks like Hannah Montana? :^)
don't you give me that paper mario **** :(
I'm just not interested in the game. way too overhyped
well not being interested is a different story but saying ew this game sucks isn't exactly a good thing to say when you haven't seen much of it

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Is it because she looks like Hannah Montana? :^)

well not being interested is a different story but saying ew this game sucks isn't exactly a good thing to say when you haven't seen much of it
It is a very basic way of @ Soul. Soul. rating a game.

1. Is the game on handheld?
Yes; it's the best.
No; the game is terrible

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Anyone wanna play?

To play list: I don't do 3DS. I'll get rekt :p
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 - shulk matchups
@redfeatherraven -pika doubles
@SpiralGalaxies - Rosie doubles
@ Jestar Jestar - shipping buddies :)
@Burgundy Blade - shulk matchups
@ FullMoon FullMoon - want to get rekt by Uber frog
@Twili - Rosie doubles
@Nammy12 -lol he probably won't face me :p
@Spritzee -Jiggs and Rosie doubles
@Matsushi - lol lag :p
@ kenniky kenniky - Shulk match-ups
@|ven| lol want to get rekt by sass :)
@♥Zanda•JGPT♥ 13 year old buddies
@r_greening1 shipping buddies
@Space Stranger - was supposed to fight you
@RedCap-BlueSpikes - teach me Pauly mine sucks
@HunterNinjaReaperPirate♤♠ - help me with Mai Koiby
@2004Zilla - teach me style boost kick kills with ZSS

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Anyone wanna play?

@Twili - Rosie doubles
I can do Rocket Raccoon dittos

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@Macchiato after your initial comment on it I went and found an interview with one of the creators of the show. He stated basically that they hadn't decided on the captain at the time, and that there was a possibility the new captain would come with a new 'Gina' which is really interesting imo.

Along with this the show is going to follow Gina and Holt in their change of scenery as well as maybe introducing people they'll work with there. :D

So, yes. They're casting for that, but it in no way means we'll be losing Gina screen time. Though, I will miss Gina/Holt's interactions with the 99 crew. They'll probs find some way to make them have to cross paths frequently.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Anyone wanna play?

@Twili - Rosie doubles
I'll play, I guess. Procrastination ftw

edit: will we do rotations or something now

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Anyone wanna play?

@Twili - Rosie doubles
Well you finally tagged me at a time I can actually play.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Anyone wanna play?

@Twili - Rosie doubles
I can play later if you want. I know you want to learn the Shulk matchup but can I use Zelda as well?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So I'm watching some matches from a tournament that was held near me a few days ago and I see this Zelda in doubles and I'm like "uhhhh...there's a Zelda where I live?"
Turns out it's Ven! Lol I forgot he lives in the same city as me.

Top Bottom