• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So Smogon is gonna keep banning things until there's nothing left? Cool.

Is Protect banned in Smogon doubles? Rock Slide must be too.
Sooner or later, they'll ban VGC. :troll:

Wow, I didn't know the opinion of Kirby was rising. I thought he was just a "meh" character. How exactly does he do so well against the top tiers?
I think from some of the matches that Poyo had with using Kirby against some other characters could be the reason why. Since Kirby is quite good, but not :kirby64: good.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Can somebody tell me what Smogon has banned in ORAS up to now? (OU please)
Pokemon
Aegislash
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-D
Deoxys-S
Dialga
Genesect
Giratina
Giratina-O
Greninja
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-W
Landorus-I (newest addition today)
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom

Abilities

Moody

Items

Gengarite
Kangaskhanite
Lucarionite
Mawilite
Salamencite

Moves

Swagger

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay, why is Mega Salamence/Mawile banned?

Kyurem-W is banned but not Kyurem-B (I'm assuming W = white, so B = black?)? Would like to know why?

Shadow Tag Gothitelle soon to be banned? And Mega Altaria? They're *that* good?

I'm okay with legendaries banned. Also Swagger.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

Kyurem-W is banned but not Kyurem-B (I'm assuming W = white, so B = black?)? Would like to know why?

Mega Salamence is banned for mainly having too good of a moveset + offensive stats, so it's really hard to know what moveset it's using without sacrificing a Pokemon. It also has great speed and Intimidate + 140 base defense means it can dish attacks fast while being able to tank lots of things too.

Mega Mawile's Huge Power was a bit too much for the metagame apparently, topping it off with an amazing defensive typing and bulk, plus Sucker Punch makes it hard to revenge kill too. No Aegislash is also a big factor.

Kyurem-W is banned because of his amazing and abusable special movepool that's unresisted by most of the OU tier and a stupidly ******** special attack stat. Kyurem-B is not banned because he does not have that high of an Sp att stat, and does not have moves to really make use of a really high attack stat. He is pretty much THE mixed attacker dragon of OU though.

Shadow Tag Gothitelle is BL (UU banlist) and I don't think it will be considered to be banned. Mega Altaria is like UU so lol.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Mega Salamence is banned for mainly having too good of a moveset + offensive stats, so it's really hard to know what moveset it's using without sacrificing a Pokemon. It also has great speed and Intimidate + 140 base defense means it can dish attacks fast while being able to tank lots of things too.

Mega Mawile's Huge Power was a bit too much for the metagame apparently, topping it off with an amazing defensive typing and bulk, plus Sucker Punch makes it hard to revenge kill too. No Aegislash is also a big factor.

Kyurem-W is banned because of his amazing and abusable special movepool that's unresisted by most of the OU tier and a stupidly ******** special attack stat. Kyurem-B is not banned because he does not have that high of an Sp att stat, and does not have moves to really make use of a really high attack stat. He is pretty much THE mixed attacker dragon of OU though.

Shadow Tag Gothitelle is BL (UU banlist) and I don't think it will be considered to be banned. Mega Altaria is like UU so lol.
Yeah this is definitely a domino effect. Just ban legendaries imo.

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/ou/ says Altaria is OU. I dunno it has everybody's favourite move Hyper Voice.

See, top VGC players accept Pokemon for what it is. Sure hax sucks but look at people like Cybertron who are still totally into it even though he lost in Worlds for missing Will-o-wisp five times in a row, lol. They only really complain about Swagger which I think everybody can relate to. Nobody's like ban this, ban that.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
TFW if Fuujin was here he'd be able to think of an amazing title for the Zelda social compilation video in a jiffy.
Sorry sis, I really don't think that is his style.

More than likely we would ask him for a title then he would proceed to double post sassy gifs and then get banned.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Yeah this is definitely a domino effect. Just ban legendaries imo.

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/ou/ says Altaria is OU. I dunno it has everybody's favourite move Hyper Voice.
I don't really follow the Pokemon metagame so I only know some things about it, haha. Mega Altaria probably jumped to OU after all those Steel-types got banned. And Gothitelle is also OU now wtf I don't even know half of the things anymore. :^(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I don't really follow the Pokemon metagame so I only know some things about it, haha. Mega Altaria probably jumped to OU after all those Steel-types got banned. And Gothitelle is also OU now wtf I don't even know half of the things anymore. :^(
I dunno I literally found that tier list 10 minutes ago. I don't follow Smogon anymore and honestly I'm glad I don't.

Soul.

Salamence:
is apparently ****ing broken, bulky, win condition almost every time
Mawile:
mega basically has 250 base atk after huge power, destroys ****

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Apparently the Miiverse stage is coming the 14th too. Prepare yourself for the disturbing Roastaluma posts that will slip past the censor :^)
It's gonna be drawn d*** pics with a phone # attached.

The coming of grind-mii is upon us, gorls.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I was discussing with some players in my region about the Miiverse stage, and I'm REALLY hoping it's not a Battlefield clone. I'm hoping it will be a Dreamland 64-esque stage with BIG blast zones, and can be used as a legitimate neutral stage (INSTEAD OF LYLAT CRUISE OMG).

If it's a direct Battlefield clone, I would want the stage to be banned because lol grind-mii

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I wonder what the music selection for the Miiverse stage will be like.
*dreams of a stage where you can choose any song in the game*

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
:4shulk:
This has nothing to do with what we're talking about but I just found this on tumblr and I need to share it omg
XD

Rewards! ::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4miisword::4miisword::4miigun::4miigun::4miigun::4miigun::4miibrawl::4miibrawl::4miibrawl::4miibrawl::4robinm::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco:

gg!
I wonder what the music selection for the Miiverse stage will be like.
*dreams of a stage where you can choose any song in the game*
Mii Maker remix
Original Miiverse theme
Miiverse/Friend List
Wii U Menu
Nintendo E-Shop

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Omg I'm having Zelda dittos on FG.

I suck ass with Zelda.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm losing badly. I keep getting close to winning and then I do something stupid and lose.
I've Farore'd under the stage like 3 times ugh.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
@ 2004Zilla 2004Zilla I just came back to tell you I already got my tickets for a midnight showing of Jurassic World on the 11th :D

Also I came back here to say that @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght sucks big hairy monkey deekz <3
WOW

I do that once and nobody lets me live it down

Screw you Fern, I hope you die in a lake-like body of water!

A LAKE PREFERABLY

Last edited:

Soul.

Miiverse like Dream Land 64.
Speaking of Dream Land 64.
when is that **** coming to 3ds

Estel Elessar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jack1995pilot
Learned how to moonwalk with Sheik and polished up my wavelanding today in Melee. Feeling productive. I've got a potato quality video of the moonwalking if anyone wants to critique

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Learned how to moonwalk with Sheik and polished up my wavelanding today in Melee. Feeling productive. I've got a potato quality video of the moonwalking if anyone wants to critique
Nah I'm good. I'd probably just criticize on how much I hate Sheik. <3

Miiverse like Dream Land 64.
Speaking of Dream Land 64.
when is that **** coming to 3ds
Miiverse does look like Dream Land 64, minus Wispy Woods trying to blow you off the stage.

Also, if Wolf is going to return. You girls think he'll be announced during E3 or at CEO 2015?

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Fought a FG Ness again lol. This Ness was strange in that he never really shielded or rolled at all. He just pressed so much buttons as his way of defending himself. And he didn't use PK Fire or grab that much. A RARITY.

That unfortunately meant that it was very easy to deal with him and he lost a whole bunch oops.

Top Bottom