• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Hey gorls it's been like, 5ever.

I've been out on a journey of self-improvement in platformers, and I think I've finally done it via video proof!

How've y'all been doin while I was gone for ages?

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

I've been out on a journey of self-improvement in platformers, and I think I've finally done it via video proof!

Hey, welcome back. I'm doing just fine.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I was playing some CPUs to practice some of my basics as Mewtwo (some AIs are better than others, the Fox one is prone to spamming smashes lol). I was up against a default Palutena and I was going for a reflector break kill with Shadow Ball. Well, I break her reflector... but then she powershields the death ball. I was like "K you just get an UThrow kill then." So many of Mewtwo's attacks get so powerful with rage, I can see why they made him so light, even if I don't like it.

I also forgot how fun it was to play with platforms lol. Extra techchase/shield pressure opportunities, it's beautiful.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I was playing some CPUs to practice some of my basics as Mewtwo (some AIs are better than others, the Fox one is prone to spamming smashes lol). I was up against a default Palutena and I was going for a reflector break kill with Shadow Ball. Well, I break her reflector... but then she powershields the death ball. I was like "K you just get an UThrow kill then." So many of Mewtwo's attacks get so powerful with rage, I can see why they made him so light, even if I don't like it.

I also forgot how fun it was to play with platforms lol. Extra techchase/shield pressure opportunities, it's beautiful.
Hey so how is mewtwo. How does he play and stuff like that.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Hey so how is mewtwo. How does he play and stuff like that.
You know I was going to give a few lines about him then say "it'd be better to ask Spirst he's better than me" but he already posted with his ascerbic wit! So, uh.

He's light, and it sucks. Lighter than Game & Watch for some reason. His tail attacks have decent reach but somewhat odd hitboxes and his tilts do terrible damage. Strong throws but no combos. UThrow is really silly, especially with rage/platforms. BThrow can also kill but the situations where it'll kill before UThrow are limited. He's got strong aerial strings/combos that can rack up damage fast, and FAir kills pretty well though its hitbox is a little small. His mobility is a little above average but his floaty mechanics and slow second jump combined with his large frame makes him easy to juggle. Great recovery, Confusion gives a boost the first time it's used in midair. Good edgeguarder, too. Shadow Ball is an amazing tool. Confusion isn't as good as it looks at first glance, but it does actually reflect projectiles now and is scary if landed on a midair opponent without their second jump. It's a grab, too, so it does ignore shields, but nothing is technically guaranteed from it (at least without platforms). Disable is tricky to land (you have to be making eye contact with the opponent) and can he reflected but yields excellent rewards.

Basically he's a glass cannon with a combo game. He has a hard time approaching but often doesn't need to thanks to Shadow Ball/Confusion. Really bad disadvantaged state unfortunately. But scary if you can get into a rhythm with him.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Been doing okay. Played some Splatoon earlier today. Ranked battles is both fun and yet so stupidly bs too imo. :V

And good to see you again on SB. :yeahboi:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
wtf gorls why are you all using terribad characters like meuu2? he's big and fat and tall and dies way too early. he can't even combo off his dthrow wtf why use this awful character

it's been shown that if you use an amazing character named zelda, you're guaranteed to survive 10% longer! what an amazing difference so make the switch today gorls :secretkpop:

Matsushi

True Blood
It's funny that Mewtwo is so light because otherwise the weight of the Pokémon characters compared to each other is quite accurate (Jiggs < Pikachu < Greninja < Lucario < Charizard)

I would be up for it
Awesome! I'll be there momentarily.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
How it should feel fighting Mac with Zelda :^(

Matsushi

True Blood
The lag is pretty bad haha

I need to go have lunch now though, ggs Matsuhashi

I should never be allowed to play Lucina lol.
Yeah, there was a very late button delay. Your Greninja is still incredibly good nonetheless, good games!

Enjoy your lunch! And nah, your Lucina was fine, I just got lucky with Zelda. Anyone else wanna play? :emptysheep:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Damn. He's getting banned all over the place. :V

Also, going off topic. But I'd love to hear Shulk's victory theme play over every other character's victory animation. :yeahboi:

Imagine Luigi going "Bang, Bang.", Zelda being Sassy or Villager just digging up a fossil to this. :V

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla

Also, going off topic. But I'd love to hear Shulk's victory theme play over every other character's victory animation. :yeahboi:

Imagine Luigi going "Bang, Bang.", Zelda being Sassy or Villager just digging up a fossil to this. :V
I CAN CHANGE DUR FUDURE

Anyone willing to tell me the story of this Fujin guy?
Creator of the Zeldur social.

I doubt SB could get away with the OP.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Nah, I'll keep :4falcon:'s the way it is.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
GGs @ Matsushi Matsushi was a lot of fun~. Some lag drops here and there but it was fun fighting you. Now I know I shouldn't use characters I don't know how to use, ehehehe.

Also dem WFT is pretty legit too, and I learned new stuff on how to Marth from you too. Will teach my brother this~

Last edited:
Top Bottom