• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Men of the Zelda board (if any), how do you guys deal with having to carry a phone, wallet, and keys all at once?
Pockets bro

Oh and happy birthday fuujienn

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I've never played a Final Fantasy game, either. I think that's the series with Moogles (which are adorable), so I guess I can look into it.

I'd get it off an ebay shop thing, and it says "professionally refurbished" so idk if it'll be worn out. It's a little overpriced, but I can choose the system and button color, and it comes with a charger, so it's a decent deal. The shop looks pretty legit (link).
  1. don't worry not having played other titles in the FF franchise. They are kind of intended to be separate worlds with similar inhabitants/inventions also you can get FE 1-6 on GBA and 6 will actually blow your pants off. It's good
  2. at that price you won't have worry about triggers, that's like what the sp used to cost new like 10$ more and your there. If you are still worried just try the comments section

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
  1. don't worry not having played other titles in the FF franchise. They are kind of intended to be separate worlds with similar inhabitants/inventions also you can get FE 1-6 on GBA and 6 will actually blow your pants off. It's good
  2. at that price you won't have worry about triggers, that's like what the sp used to cost new like 10$ more and your there. If you are still worried just try the comments section
I'll definitely check the FF games out, then. I'll probably emulate them so I don't waste money if I end up not liking them. Also, which FE game do you recommend that I play first? I'm interested in the series but don't know where to start.

The guy has over 1000 reviews and only 1 is negative (and that's because the buyer didn't like the color of the gameboy he bought lol). I'm definitely going to buy one, but I just have to mentally prepare myself to spend that amount of money.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'll definitely check the FF games out, then. I'll probably emulate them so I don't waste money if I end up not liking them. Also, which FE game do you recommend that I play first? I'm interested in the series but don't know where to start.
I mean either one you get for gameboy have their ways of easing you into the series, however they are different
  1. FE7 has a lengthy tutorial, about 7 chapters. if you have played anything close to an fe you'll be saying duh (a lot)
  2. FE8 overall easier game allowing the player to curve the difficulty by freely training units between chapters, which leads to less restarts as collosium training is something not all players are used to

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So many gba games to recommend...
sonic advance
gba Pokemon
Aria of Sorrow
Megaman battle network
Mazes of fate

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Also, which FE game do you recommend that I play first? I'm interested in the series but don't know where to start.
Either GBA one is good. Sacred Stones is the easier of the GBA entries; FE7/Blazing Sword is considered the better one by most, but is slightly more difficult.

Last edited:

Soul.

If you're playing GBA games, please go get Red Rescue Team. No, not because of the "omg i cri" ending.

Sacred Stones is really good; haven't played it for like, 2 days---I need to play that again. Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission is also good; then comes Wario Land 4, another good game.

D

Deleted member

@ Rizen Rizen already mentioned it kind of but the Mega Man Zero games are fantastic in terms of GBA games.

I would highly recommend them.

Last edited by a moderator:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
oh yeah Soul is right (and somehow I completely forgot about them???) but Zero Mission and Fusion are amazing. @ Lorde Lorde if you like Metroid games then you definitely have to get those

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
FINALLY GOT ALL THE CHARACTERS' CUSTOM MOVES ON 3DS SM4SH

IT TOOK A LOT OF BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS BUT I FINALLY DID IT

now time to get all the custom moves on Sm4sh Wii U

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Shoutouts to @Cosmo! for that sick offstage elevator at Combo Breaker

I need the gfycat of that asap Embarrass

Last edited:

Soul.

oh yeah Soul is right (and somehow I completely forgot about them???) but Zero Mission and Fusion are amazing. @ Lorde Lorde if you like Metroid games then you definitely have to get those
For real man, they're good. Fusion has more of a slower pace I think. If you love speedrunning, Zero Mission is for you.
Also GBA main series Pokémon games are gr8, but once you beat the games there is not much to do, so um. Yeah.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
If you're playing GBA games, please go get Red Rescue Team. No, not because of the "omg i cri" ending.

Sacred Stones is really good; haven't played it for like, 2 days---I need to play that again. Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission is also good; then comes Wario Land 4, another good game.
I already have Blue Rescue Team, (and Blue is better anyway). I guess I will have to check out Sacred Stone if it's as good as everyone is saying. Idk what Wario Land is about, but I do like platformers, so I might get it.

I also haven't played a Metroid game before...
Well, I have played like halfish of Metroid Prime but then I got stuck and gave up. I'll add those two games to the list.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Happy birthday, @F/U/J/I/N! Hopefully you don't get bannT today.

I'd also appreciate it if you gorls recommended some good gameboy games, too, because I can only think of a few.
Fire Red/Leaf Green
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
I already have Pokemon Gold
Super Mario Advance 4
Yoshi's Island
Mario Tennis: Power Tour
Super Star Saga
Little late on this, but Purple.

And DEFINITELY try out the Mega Man Battle Network series. You won't be disappointed. Doesn't matter which game you start with, but avoid 4 like the plague. 6 is probably the most refined and the best IMO.

Soul.

I already have Blue Rescue Team, (and Blue is better anyway). I guess I will have to check out Sacred Stone if it's as good as everyone is saying. Idk what Wario Land is about, but I do like platformers, so I might get it.

Well, I have played like halfish of Metroid Prime but then I got stuck and gave up. I'll add those two games to the list.
Oh, wait—you have Blue Rescue Team? Out of the two, I only have Red Rescue Team. Still though, get Fusion and Zero Mission whenever you have the opportunity.

D

Deleted member

Little late on this, but Purple.

And DEFINITELY try out the Mega Man Battle Network series. You won't be disappointed. Doesn't matter which game you start with, but avoid 4 like the plague. 6 is probably the most refined and the best IMO.
I'm beginning to get the feeling that I'm that guy that likes the games that everyone else seems to dislike.

I like Sticker Star, Shadow Dragon, and Mega Man Battle Network 4, all of which are apparently "bad"

Quite an interesting predicament. :|

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm beginning to get the feeling that I'm that guy that likes the games that everyone else seems to dislike.

I like Sticker Star, Shadow Dragon, and Mega Man Battle Network 4, all of which are apparently "bad"

Quite an interesting predicament. :|
I love shadow dragon. Catria is a goddess

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I'd also appreciate it if you gorls recommended some good gameboy games, too, because I can only think of a few.
Fire Red/Leaf Green
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
I already have Pokemon Gold
Super Mario Advance 4
Yoshi's Island
Mario Tennis: Power Tour
Super Star Saga
Minish Cap is worth playing if you haven't played it already.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Omg getting stuck on Metroid Prime is sooo relatable... lol. I've played through it so many times and I still get stuck sometimes >_>

Well if you liked Metroid Prime, you should like Zero Mission and Fusion. Even though Prime is 3D and ZM/Fusion are 2D, the transition between 2D and 3D was done amazingly so they feel similar to Prime

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
FINALLY GOT ALL THE CHARACTERS' CUSTOM MOVES ON 3DS SM4SH

IT TOOK A LOT OF BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS BUT I FINALLY DID IT

now time to get all the custom moves on Sm4sh Wii U
You don't need to.
Simply create sets on the 3DS and transfer them over, you'll be able to play no problems even if you didn't unlock any.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh, we recommending GBA games?

- Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (this game is so good oh my god)
- Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
- Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age
- Sonic Advance 1-3
- Summon Night: Swordcraft Story
- Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- Riviera: The Promised Land

- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (worse than the original FFT but still great)

Stuff I haven't played but wanted to/heard good things about:
- Yggdra Union (I've been called a horrible person by multiple people for not having played this, especially since I've played the other Dept.Heaven games and YU is widely regarded as the best one)
- Mega Man Zero series
- Aero the Acrobat
- Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission
- Summon Night 2
- Sword of Mana
- GBA Castlevanias

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
You don't need to.
Simply create sets on the 3DS and transfer them over, you'll be able to play no problems even if you didn't unlock any.
Nah, it's all about counterpicking with crappy custom moves and unique sets to throw your opponent off. :^)

Speaking of throwing your opponent off--

How to beat level 9 Zelda CPUs 101

Full vid here~

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Imagine Zelda with this much beautiful facial hair. :3

Also, I plan on drawing some Zelda in the future. Anyone have any recommendations or ideas on what I could try and draw? :3

Rizen

Smash Legend
How good would you guys say Olimar is? I barely beat allstar on hard with him with 347% by the end. Luckily I was on Luigi's Mansion :lol:. He seems to have been seriously nerfed from Brawl but I probably just suck with him.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How good would you guys say Olimar is? I barely beat allstar on hard with him with 347% by the end. Luckily I was on Luigi's Mansion :lol:. He seems to have been seriously nerfed from Brawl but I probably just suck with him.
Don't know really. I have no interest in the Astronaut. :yeahboi:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Upper end of the cast, but has issues keeping him from top.

I have him at #22 on my list atm

Top Bottom