• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Oh yeah, @ Lorde Lorde , if you play through the original Paper Mario again and struggle with Bowser, use Watt. She ignores the opponent's defense. Also abuse the Quick Change badge to use Lakilester's Cloud Nine ability (there's a reason the badge was upped to 7 BP in TTYD lol).

TTYD gets a lot easier when you master Stylish Moves, at least for Mario though learning your partners' timings is useful too. Mainly because Art Attack is an OP ability. Superguarding is harder but incredibly rewarding, you can beat some pretty tough enemies early on with it.

One fault with the original is that you couldn't keep playing after you beat Bowser. You needed to do everything before you fought him and hopefully before you got to his castle because that dungeon is huge and I don't believe there's a free warp back to Toad Town.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I never got into Fire Emblem but like Paper Mario TTYD. Most chapters were good but the first few started slow. IDK if I have a favorite area. The Palace of Shadow was very well done; the tower with the 8 keys had perfect music and actually felt creepy. Boggly Woods was a cool environment but very simple and non-expansive. Twilight Town was of course an unexpected and interesting chapter, not counting the backtracking.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Oh yeah, Watt is OP against Boozer in PM64. It's fun.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I had pretty bad rng when I played Sacred stones for the first time.

Erika literally only got 2 strength ups in 16 levels.
She could barely damage anything so I didn't use her that much.

Soul.

well in FE8 you can always cheese it with seth
trust me you can't be as bad as me when I started.
I spent 8 chapter only putting eirika onto the field, not knowing how to dispatch the rest of my units.
I'm sure ephriam was surprised to see his beef cake of a sister after that
(I think I was about 13 at the time, I know I am stupid)
Well either way, I'll go Easy mode this time. Then Normal. And Difficult?
Is Seth the main character? Or whatever that guy is.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
@ Burgundy Burgundy Where'd you get your avatar from? I can't find any Sharla art to save my life lol
Uuuuuuugh. From some site someone posted forever ago. I can't remember the name but it had a bunch of Xenoblade art and concepts and stuff. I don't want to search through 50 pages though, sorry. :(

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
most fire emblem games will give you a prepromoted unit early on that usually has downsides (like bad growths or a really low base stat)
seth on the other hand has 0 downsides and seth is the prepromoted unit. Hard mode will validate your other characters though

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wow, just freaking wow. I just unlocked Fox's Impact Blaster and guess what you can do? Fox, Falco, and I bet anyone with a projectile can do a rising shot. So, shoot while jumping. Fox and Falco can pull off another shot with their full hop. You can do this with Impact Blaster and not only that, you can almost bunny hop lasers with it. It probably doesn't auto-cancel as it's just the end lag that's so little, but it mimics auto-canceling. So, instead of short hop laser, it's full hop laser. Here's the thing, Falco's full hop is massive; Fox's full hop isn't. Fox being able to do this can theoretically force ground approaches only which with certain characters means it's limiting. Either he covers a jump height with a steady stream of lasers, covers a jump height and the ground with alternating lasers, or he rushes in and baits you to kill you.

First of all... WTF. Why does every freaking projectile invalidate Falco's! And no, Din's Fire isn't trash because it can actually kill while Falco needs to be lucky to even gimp someone. :glare:

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
also easy mode is just normal mode + tutorials if i remember correctly in that game
most fire emblem games will give you a prepromoted unit early on that usually has downsides (like bad growths or a really low base stat)
seth on the other hand has 0 downsides and seth is the prepromoted unit. Hard mode will validate your other characters though
I forgot to mention rule #1 of most FE games
tumblr_nnstyzfY0Q1td158zo2_1280.png

tumblr_nnstyzfY0Q1td158zo1_1280.png

tumblr_nnstyzfY0Q1td158zo3_1280.png

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Tips for playing FE8 for the first time:
  • Seth is your frie- no, GOD
  • Choose Eirika's path for story, Ephriam's path (slightly harder, more tactical) for difficulty
  • Train the trainee units however you like, Ross is the easiest to train up to speed
  • ALWAYS make Ross a Pirate then Berserker.
  • Grind if you want, it's up to you; Arena Abuse in Chapter 5 is good for early grind opportunities (but beware of the opponents you face)
  • Don't use Marisa unless you got Joshua killed
  • Have fun!

Soul.

Lol this Grado empire. Now in Chapter 1.
also easy mode is just normal mode + tutorials if i remember correctly in that game
Yeah it is. It has tutorials.
I now seem to get how the gameplay works. Crit is the chance of a lethal strike, Hit is the chance you'll be able to hit; Luck is...?
  • Seth is your frie- no, GOD
  • Choose Eirika's path for story, Ephriam's path (slightly harder, more tactical) for difficulty
  • Train the trainee units however you like, Ross is the easiest to train up to speed
  • ALWAYS make Ross a Pirate then Berserker.
  • Grind if you want, it's up to you; Arena Abuse in Chapter 5 is good for early grind opportunities (but beware of the opponents you face)
  • Don't use Marisa unless you got Joshua killed
  • Have fun!
Got it brah. So Chapter 5 is grind city?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Oh yeah, @ Lorde Lorde , if you play through the original Paper Mario again and struggle with Bowser, use Watt. She ignores the opponent's defense. Also abuse the Quick Change badge to use Lakilester's Cloud Nine ability (there's a reason the badge was upped to 7 BP in TTYD lol).

TTYD gets a lot easier when you master Stylish Moves, at least for Mario though learning your partners' timings is useful too. Mainly because Art Attack is an OP ability. Superguarding is harder but incredibly rewarding, you can beat some pretty tough enemies early on with it.

One fault with the original is that you couldn't keep playing after you beat Bowser. You needed to do everything before you fought him and hopefully before you got to his castle because that dungeon is huge and I don't believe there's a free warp back to Toad Town.
I always use stylish moves because they're fun and make me feel like I'm a classy gorl. Most of them are quite easy to get consistently, too.

Thanks for the Bowser advice. I had a really awful time with him when I played through the game. Kammy was annoying too because she kept coming back to life.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I never used Seth in FE8 mostly because he just made things too easy lol.
that's pretty much every FE game for me, except thracia 776 and whatever marth's game is called again.
I've never really seen Ephriam's route as being more story deprived, but I really am the only one who ever says that.
Lol this Grado empire. Now in Chapter 1.

Yeah it is. It has tutorials.
I now seem to get how the gameplay works. Crit is the chance of a lethal strike, Hit is the chance you'll be able to hit; Luck is...?

luck is a weird stat, but pretty much is effects evade, hit and critical evade. The last one if the most important part because it's the only stat that does that. There are other methods of improving crit evade but luck is the simplest and easiest

chp 5 is the earliest if you want, the game should be easy enough you don't need to, but some people get a kick out of making a god unit and sending them in to give colon inspections

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
One of the opportunities for grinding. Arena Abuse is effective but risky. The Tower of Valni method is safer but wastes weapons used to fight monsters.
Yep.
Don't forget to abuse savestates when grinding.
3DS doesn't have savestates for GBA games. That would have saved me if it was available.
I've never really seen Ephriam's route as being more story deprived, but I really am the only one who ever says that.
I didn't mean that it didn't have a story but Eirkia's path gave more depth to characters like Joshua and showed a certain character's fate after crossing paths with Valter.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I remember when people wanted this FE nerd in Smash. While I genereally don't care for the Awakening children, Owain and Gerome are fine in my book.

Stahl!Owain makes the most effective Physical-Magic Owain. Dread Fighter and Sage are his ideal classes.

Oh Naga, I'm rambling again.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I didn't mean that it didn't have a story but Eirkia's path gave more depth to characters like Joshua and showed a certain character's fate after crossing paths with Valter.
meh
ephriam's route you got to know knoll and lyon better instead
just no one cares about them is all
IT'S ACTUALLY TRUE

HAVE YOU GORLS SEEN LUCINA'S WALKING ANIMATION?

SHE LOOKS LIKE SOME OLD BARBARIAN OMG
4Db4G.png

I remember when people wanted this FE nerd in Smash. While I genereally don't care for the Awakening children, Owain and Gerome are fine in my book.

Stahl!Owain makes the most effective Physical-Magic Owain. Dread Fighter and Sage are his ideal classes.

Oh Naga, I'm rambling again.
I didn't care much for awakening at all
there were so little characters I enjoyed thanks to literally everyone being a joke*
I can't ever take the game seriously and I always hate to admit I like Maribelle with a couple other choice characters, BUT HEY GUYS DON'T WORRY WE GOT PHOENIX MODE READY FOR THE NEXT GAME
* this does include the unit you made

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I just want all yew gorls to know I luv u and I miss all your beautiful faces!

Except that one guy, what's his name?

He mained :4darkpit: and he was like the brother of @berserker. or something. I can't remember.

Soul.

Game is teaching me this weapon triangle. lol
luck is a weird stat, but pretty much is effects evade, hit and critical evade. The last one if the most important part because it's the only stat that does that. There are other methods of improving crit evade but luck is the simplest and easiest

chp 5 is the earliest if you want, the game should be easy enough you don't need to, but some people get a kick out of making a god unit and sending them in to give colon inspections
Ah, I see. There's this stat called Res; I assume it's Resistance?
I'll keep that in mind for Chapter 5.

One of the opportunities for grinding. Arena Abuse is effective but risky. The Tower of Valni method is safer but wastes weapons used to fight monsters.
If I waste my weapons, can I get them again? I apologize for the noob questions; this is my first time playing a FE game.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Awakening accomplished it's goal: Bring in new fans. Now I didn't really like the story, the gameplay mechanics, or much of it's fanbase but I still enjoyed trailblazing through maps with my units.

Too bad I can't play the game for more than 30 minutes without getting bored.
If I waste my weapons, can I get them again? I apologize for the noob questions; this is my first time playing a FE game.
You can rebuy them on the map, but that costs money. The money issue isn't much of a downside since:
  • Tana gives you a Red Gem you can sell for cash money later
  • If you acquire the Silver Card late game, weapons and other items have tehir prices reduced by half.
Wasting weapons is not much of a real issue but it's the only consequence with Valni (other than units dying :p).

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Game is teaching me this weapon triangle. lol

Ah, I see. There's this stat called Res; I assume it's Resistance?
I'll keep that in mind for Chapter 5.

1. yes, you won't see a magic on your enemies for a bit though like most FEs
  2. no, what's broke is broke. (if it's something simple though you can buy a new 'copy' of it) So try not to use the shiny stuff unless you have to or you just like seeing the rapier do the first syllable of what it is called

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Is it just me or did this place become the RPG social?

Fire Emblem this, Paper Mario that.

Eh, doesn't bother me any.

The first 3 Paper Mario games, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Sacred Stones, and FE12 were all great games.

The only other FE game I've played is FE11 but I didn't like that game.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
The only other FE game I've played is FE11 but I didn't like that game.
I like FE11, but like the combat animations really felt like they were in meeting one day
"hey boss"
"ya jim"
"you know how the nes made combat look really crappy?"
"oh boy do I"
"how about we just make combat look like that, but updated"
"by golly jim, I bet absolutely no one is tired of how combat looked in the GBA games. That's genius"
why do all of my friends play Falcon :(
just manly things you won't understand

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
just manly things you won't understand
manly things like wearing a transparent extension on your elbow that's longer than half of the swords in the game

gotcha

Last edited:
Top Bottom