• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

I feel sooooo ridiculous not having played FE Awakening.

;-;
I've never played a Fire Emblem game.
If your first game is Awakening people will say **** about your taste in FE games because it's not as good as the previous FE titles. Or something.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I leave and then y'all post pictures of pantless Marth and talk about gay Ike and other such hoodrat things
smh

And I see Bluecrow is still stealing pages. .

Smh

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I finally got the Explosive Balloons custom move for Villager. It was the last move I needed for him, and after much blood and sweat--

It's time to make my brother salty. :^)

Waifu Noooooooo! Stay away from the dark side. D:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I also like TTYD more, but I think both have their charm and TTYD is only slightly better. PM64's dated graphics really add to the paper theme of the game and I like that a lot. The place where the stars gather is gorgeous and was probably my favorite area in the entire game. Bowser's castle was a ton of fun, too. It's too bad that he was annoying af to defeat. I had to use save states because I couldn't beat him legit lol.

The Peach parts were super fun, though. I like how they never moved her out of that room, despite getting caught outside of it multiple times.
I like that area with the stars too. It's breathtaking. What's your favorite area in TTYD?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
20758298.jpg
what we doing today legault?
what we do everyday,
stealing things
I've never played a Fire Emblem game.
If your first game is Awakening people will say **** about your taste in FE games because it's not as good as previous the FE titles. Or something.
no that's when you only play awakening
I understand awakening was first time for a lot of people and rather greatful of all the new kids that went to play the older ones. I'll end comment here before I get nasty
I leave and then y'all post pictures of pantless Marth and talk about gay Ike and other such hoodrat things
smh

And I see Bluecrow is still stealing pages. .

Smh
67604.jpg

w-what me?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
because who doesn't love the idea of a computer falling in love with peach after seeing some sweets
I prefer the original more mainly because chapter 1 isn't a snore feast, but TTYD is indeed awesome

don't, go play a good FE. Like one with hector, ike or ephriam in it
View attachment 52363
Better add my boy, Sigurd, to that list of BAMF lords.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
View attachment 52364 what we doing today legault?
what we do everyday,
stealing things

I understand awakening was first time for a lot of people and rather greatful of all the new kids that went to play the older ones. I'll end comment here before I get nasty

View attachment 52365
w-what me?

Wow rub it in why don't you

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'm glad to help you out, sis. WW is super fun, so I don't mind doing stuff like that. I would've done the wind god too, but I don't have enough time today.

Have you played Paper Mario 64? It's such a fun game. I need to play it again because I've only played it on an emulator last summer. #Bow4lyf.
Don't worry, another friend of mine can do the wind god, so by then I will have the complete collection! :D

By the way, I got the bottle. Thanks a lot :D

Soul.

So when your only game is Awakening, then people **** on your taste? lol
What are the good FE games in your opinion?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Looks like the king of the internet is on another like binge.

Embrace the likes.

You don't have much choice anyway.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Random thought: Jigglypuff's charging animation for DSmash is hilarious.
Ganondorf's Up Smash charging animation is hilarious too. It's like he's struggling to lift his leg up which considering his age... Don't throw out your back, Mr. Ganondorf. We need an epic boss fight in Zelda Wii U and it wouldn't be fun to see you hobbling all over the place.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I like that area with the stars too. It's breathtaking. What's your favorite area in TTYD?
There are a lot of places that are pretty (such as Boggly Woods and Twilight Town), but I dislike most of them for one reason or another. I'm not sure if I have a favorite place in TTYD, but I do have a favorite chapter. I adore the train chapter because the detective aspects of it are really fun and I always have a good time doing the little missions. However, Smorg is awful and I hate that boss with a passion. Glitzville is a close runner-up, though. PM64 has better places for the chapters, but TTYD's are still good.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Ganondorf's Up Smash charging animation is hilarious too. It's like he's struggling to lift his leg up which considering his age... Don't throw out your back, Mr. Ganondorf. We need an epic boss fight in Zelda Wii U and it wouldn't be fun to see you hobbling all over the place.
To be young again.

See: :ganondorfmelee: animations. Especially uptilt.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
So when your only game is Awakening, then people **** on your taste? lol
well once your outside of awakening and gaiden
that game while the story isn't bad it's actually hours of grinding, imagine Castlevania 1 and 2 if you need a comparison
it comes down to preference aka selling points are usually story, mechanics and characters you find in the games. But fan favorites usually are:
  • Genealogy of the Holy War (FE4)
  • Burning Blade (FE7)
  • Radiant Dawn (FE10) or just something with ike in it
  • weeaboo trash (FE13)
Personal favorites (I'm very story focused player, but sometimes the chapter design will bore me)
  • Genealogy of the Holy War (FE4)
  • Thracia 776 (FE5) <- DO NOT EVER MAKE THIS YOUR 1st FE
  • Sacred Stones (FE8) <- awesome first time FE game
  • Path of Radiance (FE9)
I like imagine link trying to walk around after getting his *** kicked inside out
There are a lot of places that are pretty (such as Boggly Woods and Twilight Town), but I dislike most of them for one reason or another. I'm not sure if I have a favorite place in TTYD, but I do have a favorite chapter. I adore the train chapter because the detective aspects of it are really fun and I always have a fun time doing the little missions. However, Smorg is awful and I hate that boss with a passion. Glitzville is a close runner-up, though. PM64 has better places for the chapters, but TTYD's are still good.
64 had the penguin murder mystery which was easily the most adorable version of CSI I've ever seen

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
64 had the penguin murder mystery which was easily the most adorable version of CSI I've ever seen
I completely forgot about that chapter. I liked the cute little mystery, but I hated the "temple" thing you have to explore to get to the boss (and not to mention the boss was pretty hard, too). My favorite chapters are Tubba Blubba and the Flower Fields one. Both of those are sooooo good and I loved playing through them.

PM64 is fantastic because one of the main characters is named Twink and it amuses me to no end.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
There are a lot of places that are pretty (such as Boggly Woods and Twilight Town), but I dislike most of them for one reason or another. I'm not sure if I have a favorite place in TTYD, but I do have a favorite chapter. I adore the train chapter because the detective aspects of it are really fun and I always have a good time doing the little missions. However, Smorg is awful and I hate that boss with a passion. Glitzville is a close runner-up, though. PM64 has better places for the chapters, but TTYD's are still good.
Yeah I loved the train chapter too. I think my favorite location would be Boggly Woods, but my favorite chapter would have to be Glitzville or Twilight Town and Creepy Steeple. I really like that one bc of Vivian and how developed she is as a character. I just wish they didn't change her dialogue from the Japanese version because then she would have been an even better character.
I completely forgot about that chapter. I liked the cute little mystery, but I hated the "temple" thing you have to explore to get to the boss (and not to mention the boss was pretty hard, too). My favorite chapters are Tubba Blubba and the Flower Fields one. Both of those are sooooo good and I loved playing through them.

PM64 is fantastic because one of the main characters is named Twink and it amuses me to no end.
OMG the first time I played through PM64 and I found out that Peach has a "little" friend named Twink I almost died laughing. Thanks Nintendo :^)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Where does everybody fall under this?

I fall under the Triforce :awesome:

Starfox even though I don't like the series or the characters.

Ok then.

I feel sooooo ridiculous not having played FE Awakening.

;-;
I feel sooooo ridiculous having played FE Awakening.

Random thought: Jigglypuff's charging animation for DSmash is hilarious.
It's my favorite taunt tbh

End matches by charging dsmash, it's the only option

Just gonna second everything bluecrow said.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yeah I loved the train chapter too. I think my favorite location would be Boggly Woods, but my favorite chapter would have to be Glitzville or Twilight Town and Creepy Steeple. I really like that one bc of Vivian and how developed she is as a character. I just wish they didn't change her dialogue from the Japanese version because then she would have been an even better character.
I hate the Twilight Town chapter because all you do is run back and forth from town to the steeple and that gets old really quickly.

Vivian being a transwoman was really cool and it's too bad that Nintendo thinks America can't handle stuff like that (which, tbh, is probably true). Nintendo does a lot of that gender stuff, though, like how Saharah and Gracie are men in the Japanese versions but were changed to females in the English versions.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

pfft the best thing in those games is they are a couple the only games yuka tsujiyoko has scored outside of fire emblem. While intelligent systems has an awesome staff for music she never fails to impress me.
fun fact this song is actually a remix of the hammer bros theme from SMB3

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I hate the Twilight Town chapter because all you do is run back and forth from town to the steeple and that gets old really quickly.

Vivian being a transwoman was really cool and it's too bad that Nintendo thinks America can't handle stuff like that (which, tbh, is probably true). Nintendo does a lot of that gender stuff, though, like how Saharah and Gracie are men in the Japanese versions but were changed to females in the English versions.
Yeah I guess it did get kind of boring after a while but...I liked exploring the steeple and the boss had an interesting premise

tbh It really bothers me that Nintendo had to take Vivian's gender identity subplot out and replace it with "ugly" insults just because the majority of Americans are too ignorant to handle it. Just goes to show you how unaccepting this country is of things that aren't the norm ;_;

Soul.

Lmao, my 3DS' eShop has Sacred Stones. Obviously got it because of the Ambassador Program.
Should I download it?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I see what you did there.

On a more serious note, the Spanish, French, and somewhat the Italian version have the original dialogue where it's stated that Vivian is transgender.

So those people also got to see the "real" Vivian.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Lmao, my 3DS' eShop has Sacred Stones. Obviously got it because of the Ambassador Program.
Should I download it?
yes
tumblr_m3qzifU32V1rokiceo1_1280.jpg

I just realized seth is missing a giant chest wound in this picture, crap

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Now this I never knew.

But it does explain why their "voices" sound more male than female compared to real female villagers.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I also like TTYD more, but I think both have their charm and TTYD is only slightly better. PM64's dated graphics really add to the paper theme of the game and I like that a lot. The place where the stars gather is gorgeous and was probably my favorite area in the entire game. Bowser's castle was a ton of fun, too. It's too bad that he was annoying af to defeat. I had to use save states because I couldn't beat him legit lol.

The Peach parts were super fun, though. I like how they never moved her out of that room, despite getting caught outside of it multiple times.
I like TTYD more but the original is fantastic as well. I think TTYD's humor is a cut above which makes it stand out, and the partners get more development for the most part than they did in Paper Mario. They're both pretty easy games overall (though some parts are a lot harder if you don't understand how the battle system works, like Huff 'n' Puff). TTYD had some annoying plot-related tasks (the aforementioned chapter 4 and the things involving Frankie and Francesca). Paper Mario's environs were a lot more colorful too which I liked, but TTYD has a few more... unique areas. If there's one area where I feel TTYD falls short, it's music. It's not bad, but there are only a few tunes that I specifically want to listen to from the game. Paper Mario has a lot more, and I believe SPM has even more.

People rag on Super Paper Mario because it didn't have the same battle system but I think it's just as good as the first two, just different.

Bobbery is the bomb, BTW.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Alright, downloading it now.
inb4 i suck at FE
well in FE8 you can always cheese it with seth
trust me you can't be as bad as me when I started.
I spent 8 chapter only putting eirika onto the field, not knowing how to dispatch the rest of my units.
I'm sure ephriam was surprised to see his beef cake of a sister after that
(I think I was about 13 at the time, I know I am stupid)

Last edited:

Uncertain Title

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3238-9292
To be young again.

See: :ganondorfmelee: animations. Especially uptilt.
I don't know how many times a Ganon will try to ledge guard with his UTilt; every time, I get to punish with a Lightning Kick. Except when I do, I end up cringing and lose focus because Ganon's manhood gets pulverized...psychological warfare

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Honestly, I don't like Fire Emblem or games like it such as Codename: STEAM. I find them boring and while I appreciate the strategy involved they're not games I can play simply due to the fact that they're not exciting enough.

Not entirely sure why I can get engrossed in games like Pokemon Shuffle and Pushmo with this logic though

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Honestly, I don't like Fire Emblem or games like it such as Codename: STEAM. I find them boring and while I appreciate the strategy involved they're not games I can play simply due to the fact that they're not exciting enough.

Not entirely sure why I can get engrossed in games like Pokemon Shuffle and Pushmo with this logic though
Strategy and puzzle games share a component but they work differently. Puzzle games tend to have more immediate action but not always. Haven't played an FE game though so I can't say how their battle system is.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

pushmo doesn't punish you for thinking to fast all puzzles are short allowing you to grind though options
Fire emblem will just kill your units and laugh at you if you don't think about your move first
and if I could find my oliver rekt gif I'd use it

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I like TTYD more but the original is fantastic as well. I think TTYD's humor is a cut above which makes it stand out, and the partners get more development for the most part than they did in Paper Mario. They're both pretty easy games overall (though some parts are a lot harder if you don't understand how the battle system works, like Huff 'n' Puff). TTYD had some annoying plot-related tasks (the aforementioned chapter 4 and the things involving Frankie and Francesca). Paper Mario's environs were a lot more colorful too which I liked, but TTYD has a few more... unique areas. If there's one area where I feel TTYD falls short, it's music. It's not bad, but there are only a few tunes that I specifically want to listen to from the game. Paper Mario has a lot more, and I believe SPM has even more.

People rag on Super Paper Mario because it didn't have the same battle system but I think it's just as good as the first two, just different.

Bobbery is the bomb, BTW.
The Shadow Queen was a huge difficulty spike, imo. Especially when playing the game as a kid. Took me years to do it, but I was happy when I finally saw the ending. I always use Vivian for that fight. :D

Top Bottom