• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Things I learned from this usmash discussion:

- Fox's usmash isn't as laggy as I thought it was. I swear it felt like it was over 60 frames but it's "only" 55 (still quite laggy tbh but that's a bit more standard for smashes)
- Pikachu's usmash is only 44f commit wtf
- Wii Fit's smashes are awful lol

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Gorls I'm having a Zelda crisis.

I'm actually considering not entering any more online tournaments (or at least doing so much less frequently) because I'm getting upset at how bad Zelda is.

I wasn't this disheartened with Zelda even when I would play against my friend's Olimar in Brawl. Even though Brawl Olimar vs Brawl Zelda is way worse than any MU she has in Sm4sh, Brawl Zelda actually felt a complete character with decent moves. Even Melee Zelda who was terribly designed and had 3 good moves at least had the LKs going for her. The more I play Zelda in Sm4sh, the more I believe she has almost no redeeming qualities at all.

Aw NOT again. I didn't get any alerts from this page.

Also, Levnei, I think Wave cutter is good

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299

I'm actually considering not entering any more online tournaments (or at least doing so much less frequently) because I'm getting upset at how bad Zelda is.

I wasn't this disheartened with Zelda even when I would play against my friend's Olimar in Brawl. Even though Brawl Olimar vs Brawl Zelda is way worse than any MU she has in Sm4sh, Brawl Zelda actually felt a complete character with decent moves. Even Melee Zelda who was terribly designed and had 3 good moves at least had the LKs going for her. The more I play Zelda in Sm4sh, the more I believe she has almost no redeeming qualities at all.
Quit smash and play VGC like the cool guys ;)

Soul.

Just use Zelda in friendlies. That's what I think would be a good idea. Is there any character that interests you?
this, this lmao
smash is love though.
kinda dumb how I'm not good at game knowledge when I try to get better at the game itself

If you really can't handle Zelda's horrible qualities, you might need to make a switch to someone else you might have fun with, especially if her trashiness is making you upset.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Just use Zelda in friendlies. That's what I think would be a good idea. Is there any character that interests you?

this, this lmao
smash is love though.
kinda dumb how I'm not good at game knowledge when I try to get better at the game itself
I may pop in tournaments but I don't like Smash 4 enough to compete seriously. I'm awful at VGC but watching others play and making my own predictions and seeing them work out is pretty cool. VGC is like everything else... work at it and improvement will come.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

Let's make our own fighting game and make a sassy wizard lady character that is actually good and equal times classy and powerful.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Okay, For Glory has become cancerous. Bumped into a roll spam Falcon. Dem dash attacks and Uairs always hit in lag. And when I read the roll and go for the punish, he ends up grabbing me wtf how does that even happen.

Opponent after had a decent Link but then came out the pocket Ness and Falcon so I legit gave up.

Might sit out of this game for a little bit.

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
VGC is Pokémon, right?

I do not play Pokémon seriously at all. If I played, I'd probably just troll trying to horn drill everyone's mega evolutions with my Goldeen lmao

(I actually beat a friend's Victini with my Goldeen's horn drill one time :D)

If you really can't handle Zelda's horrible qualities, you might need to make a switch to someone else you might have fun with, especially if her trashiness is making you upset.
I don't really have a lot of fun with anyone else since I'm so attached to the character. I've been experimenting with Palutena lately and she's kinda fun in friendlies but I wouldn't want to compete with her either.

this, this lmao
smash is love though.

I think I may have to switch to just playing friendlies.

Maybe if I just take a break from competitive play or reduce the number of tournaments I enter I'll be okay.

Or practicing doubles, where Zelda isn't complete trash.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ Gay Ginger Gay Ginger sis I kinda feel the same way, but in a different way, if that makes sense. I've seem to have lost a bit of confidence in my skill in this game. Whenever I use other characters, I don't seem to be myself. I become tense and lose confidence in my abilities, which usually leads me down towards defeat. A bit frustrating that learning new characters or polishing up my secondaries are not working well for me at all. What we differ is that I'm actually most confident in my Zelda which is cool but at the same time it will always be an uphill battle for me, which does kinda suck.

I say take a break from the game. Or play friendlies with some of the gorls here if you still wanna touch the game for a bit. Maybe after some rest you can take the time to clear your mind so you're in the right mindset to polish up your characters. Then you might find your match of a main. I'm probably going to do that myself actually.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

I've been using Zelda as a main for a couple months now. All I can say is she is a hard character to be good with. For me going into using Zelda, I just make sure my smash fundamentals are in check and just apply that to the characters that I'm using.

Other than that, I pretty much copy the playstyles of other Zelda players like @ |ven| |ven| and @Macchiato. That's really how I get used to using Zelda as a main. For me, a person who uses her in tourneys, she's pretty decent if you know how to succeed with her.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
@ Gay Ginger Gay Ginger sis I kinda feel the same way, but in a different way, if that makes sense. I've seem to have lost a bit of confidence in my skill in this game. Whenever I use other characters, I don't seem to be myself. I become tense and lose confidence in my abilities, which usually leads me down towards defeat. A bit frustrating that learning new characters or polishing up my secondaries are not working well for me at all. What we differ is that I'm actually most confident in my Zelda which is cool but at the same time it will always be an uphill battle for me, which does kinda suck.

I say take a break from the game. Or play friendlies with some of the gorls here if you still wanna touch the game for a bit. Maybe after some rest you can take the time to clear your mind so you're in the right mindset to polish up your characters. Then you might find your match of a main. I'm probably going to do that myself actually.
I actually am confident in my Zelda, since I basically play her exclusively. I do well with her overall, but I'm just not having fun in tournaments with her. Like you said, every battle is uphill, and every time I enter a tournament it ends the same: do really well until I get to players around my skill level using the top tiers and then the matches are aggravating and not fun at all.

If I want to win I will always choose to play as Zelda, regardless of how bad the MU is, because she is by far my best character. I think I just need to be less serious about Sm4sh and not pressure myself to do well.

I've been using Zelda as a main for a couple months now. All I can say is she is a hard character to be good with. For me going into using Zelda, I just make sure my smash fundamentals are in check and just apply that to the characters that I'm using.

Other than that, I pretty much copy the playstyles of other Zelda players like @ |ven| |ven| and @Macchiato. That's really how I get used to using Zelda as a main. For me, a person who uses her in tourneys, she's pretty decent if you know how to succeed with her.
It's not her difficulty that is putting me off. And I've been doing well with her in tournaments.

Her MUs are just frustrating and unfun. I had fun playing as Brawl Zelda even when up against 30:70 MUs because her move-set felt good and she had positive qualities, but to me, Sm4sh Zelda is bad at almost everything and her move-set feels terrible.

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I actually am confident in my Zelda, since I basically play her exclusively. I do well with her overall, but I'm just not having fun in tournaments with her. Like you said, every battle is uphill, and every time I enter a tournament it ends the same: do really well until I get to players around my skill level using the top tiers and then the matches are aggravating and not fun at all.

If I want to win I will always choose to play as Zelda, regardless of how bad the MU is, because she is by far my best character. I think I just need to be less serious about Sm4sh and not pressure myself to do well.
When I was like 14-15 I had a similar experience. You're not having fun because you're basically playing against characters you have accustomed yourself not to enjoy. My experience with Snake and Meta-Knight was the same back in brawl. I always felt down about playing those MU. I honestly worked my arse off until I learned those MU to where it became fun for me when I couldn't figure out a certain playstyle. Don't take this the wrong way but, put the effort you are using to complain about it and use it to learn your bad MU's. Also, ask for advice from other Zelda's, people you might play on smashladder. After every match, I do ask for advice from every person, even if I beat them. My mistake back when I was a hard headed 14 year old was that I didn't really listen to anyone's advice so my bad habits never changed. The best thing you can really do is take the criticism, no matter how harsh it is, and apply it to your playstyle.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I should delete my first post on this social so every page steal past it is changed.
That's a bit excessive.

Just go back and merge random doubles posts.

Or use the spam cleaner on one of Fuujin's random alts to create holes in several pages.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Sorry, I started to get a migraine, and it's turning into a pretty bad one. I think we'll have to play some other time

Since we're on the topic of League, which champions do you main?
I main roles (find maining 2-3 characters with 4-5 moves to be silly, it's like maining zelda in melee, don't get me wrong playing 1-3 characters is a great way to learn the game). I used to jungle a while ago back when it was fun in season 2. I'll probably just do support going back in

Edit: also about the migraine it's no problem I want to finish up thracia 776 soon anyways

Last edited:

Soul.

I may pop in tournaments but I don't like Smash 4 enough to compete seriously. I'm awful at VGC but watching others play and making my own predictions and seeing them work out is pretty cool. VGC is like everything else... work at it and improvement will come.
I never cared about tourneys. I watch streams because why not.

I don't care what anyone says. Online is good enough for me, lag or no lag.
Also agree on VGC part.

I think I may have to switch to just playing friendlies.
Maybe if I just take a break from competitive play or reduce the number of tournaments I enter I'll be okay.

Or practicing doubles, where Zelda isn't complete trash.
It's your choice; whatever it is, everyone will be okay with it.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Warning Received
Anyone wanna play some gaems?

I missed League stuff tonight because I left my charger at my cousin's dorm............................

Last edited by a moderator:
UUUUUGH

I made a lot of revamps to some OP's. Also made a new thread in the Shulk boards

Now to go to the thread deepseadiva made but I can't say much about his customs frame data. Lol

Edit:

Done

I'm taking a nap

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

Btw, relevant.

I remember pages back someone said, "Whenever I land with Zelda, I worry that she won't get up"

Think that was Oh Snap

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I remember pages back someone said, "Whenever I land with Zelda, I worry that she won't get up"

Think that was Oh Snap
Yeah, you had that as your sig for a while (I think?) and that was what inspired me to do that comic, hahaha.

Or maybe it was Latte?

**** I dunno

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
That was Latte

NOSTALGIA TRIP TO PRE PAGE-100~

-Posted at December 17, 2014 (Was near Christmas :3)
**** man you mean I first posted that strip back before we reached page 100?

**** man.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I didn't even exist I don't think...

I wasn't even a twinkle in Fuujin's eye.

F*ck man you mean I first posted that strip back before we reached page 100?

F*ck man.

F*ck.
Pages fly in this thread

so

I have so much to quote. So much OLD quotes (just 2 actually)
i just miss brawl zelda in general

anyone who thinks smash 4 zelda is better than brawl ought to go play brawl again

120 challenges out of 140 atm...

mfw i die to bull**** like ness usmash at 70%:

Click Zelda social thread, learn I can sideB>upB>hammer as a kill combo with Koopalings.

Thanks Zelda mains, I can always count on you to teach me why the other characters are better.

Bonus:
Hello, I'm new~ Except not really, I just spent three years lurking, hahaha. Sooo, what's up, guys? You can call me Fern, by the way.

Are we talking about how horrible the hitboxes in her smashes are this time around? :'´D

Last edited:
Top Bottom