• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

I've been saying this for a while. I know people think Pikachu is the best but for as long as no one actually uses him (or likes him), Fox is the uncontested best.
Wait since when is usage a factor in viability. This isn't Smogon, is it?
Regardless I think Pika is one of the best, top 1 is iffy to me imo.
Speaking of both Pika and Fox, that MU is pretty even.... That, or it's slightly in Fox's favor because jank **** (no, not customs).

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Whenever I used Din's on @S.F.L.R_9 he just cancelled it with dtilt...........

Looked pathetic seeing a woman cancel a big *** explosion with a small kick.

Point is, Ganondorf's shield break options obvs aren't limited, but reverse warlock punch at least has a use. Din's just doesn't. Neither does Back Slash, although I honestly feel as Shulk's meta develops that Back Slash could be an interesting tech chasing option.

EDIT GANON UP TILT IS SAFE ON SHIELD
Din's Fire is bad, for sure, but it's not useless.

You can catch landings, edge guard if you predict where their recovery will go, edge guard if they're forced to choose between dodging and being unable to make it back to stage or getting hit, or you can sometimes land it if you predict where they'll jump while they're in the air.

I land it against fairly skilled players more often than you'd think. It's still a terrible, highly situational projectile, but it has its (limited) uses. Just today I intercepted ZSS' flip kick a couple times with it against a player rated 1400+ on Anther's Ladder.

Imo regarding Zelda's terrible moves: 1.06 UpSmash > Din's Fire > previous UpSmash > Phantom

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Din's Fire is bad, for sure, but it's not useless.

You can catch landings, edge guard if you predict where their recovery will go, edge guard if they're forced to choose between dodging and being unable to make it back to stage or getting hit, or you can sometimes land it if you predict where they'll jump while they're in the air.

I land it against fairly skilled players more often than you'd think. It's still a terrible, highly situational projectile, but it has its (limited uses). Just today I intercepted ZSS' flip kick a couple times with it against a player rated 1400+ on Anther's Ladder.

Imo regarding Zelda's terrible moves: 1.06 UpSmash > Din's Fire > previous UpSmash > Phantom
I....

I didn't recognize you....

Soul.

Fox is cancer by every stretch of the imagination omg.
I watch the video and all I see is him giving Pika a hard time.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I get 2 different shots of my avatar on mobile. Does it have all of Fuujin's info or does it just have his gaycat and name?

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Weird. I'm getting both :/ I'll fix it on my computer later

Maaaan, Link's arrow 3 is way better than I thought

It's basically a slower but stronger and transcendent mega pellet. It's not cancer-level but it helps with Link's mid-range

Hyper jump allows for really dumb combos. Lol.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I really dislike these NSFW ads on mobile right now........ Who can I contact about this?

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
That would require me leaving the Zelda Social though.... I'm scared to go out into a mundane world. Let me stay with the crazy I know!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
@SolidSense and I were talking about Megafox's play last night. We concluded that he could beat Nairo and Ally but he wouldn't have much of a chance vs Zero.
To further expand on this, the video vs Espy shows one big difference between him and Megafox. Espy is much, much better in Neutral than Megafox is. Meaning, he's prone to outsmarting him. However, Megafox is leagues ahead in the advantaged state. Every hit confirm he makes leads to a billion other strings because he relies on his reaction time. He's not making reads, he's reacting.

Espy is trying to play chess while Megafox keeps smacking the chess board away and then keeps punching Espy in the face.

Anyone who forces him to play neutral the entire game would win. No one has a neutral game better than Zero.

To further expand on this, the video vs Espy shows one big difference between him and Megafox. Espy is much, much better in Neutral than Megafox is. Meaning, he's prone to outsmarting him. However, Megafox is leagues ahead in the advantaged state. Every hit confirm he makes leads to a billion other strings because he relies on his reaction time. He's not making reads, he's reacting.

Espy is trying to play chess while Megafox keeps smacking the chess board away and then keeps punching Espy in the face.

Anyone who forces him to play neutral the entire game would win. No one has a neutral game better than Zero.
Hm... That's interesting to know. That ending though was sudden .-.

I also heard about your pools in TGC2. Same pool as Trela and Tipy? :p

Also, you didn't notice a quick edit in my post right?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Hm... That's interesting to know. That ending though was sudden .-.

I also heard about your pools in TGC2. Same pool as Trela and Tipy? :p

Also, you didn't notice a quick edit in my post right?
I noticed it.

Solid and I talk on Skype.

Espy ended the match because he knew he couldn't win and that frustrates him. No one has played Megafox in bracket more than Espy.

In the pool, I was 1-1 vs Trela and 2-1 vs Tipy (we had an extra game to tiebreak for seeding). Funny how we all placed pretty highly though.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

That analogy kind of got away from you buddy :D

Rizen

Smash Legend
Maaaan, Link's arrow 3 is way better than I thought

It's basically a slower but stronger and transcendent mega pellet. It's not cancer-level but it helps with Link's mid-range

Hyper jump allows for really dumb combos. Lol.
I agree. Link isn't OP with customs but he benefits. My preferred set is 3211.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Wait.

So apparently in human psychology, we're being taught in high school geometry today.

What is happening?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Wait.

So apparently in human psychology, we're being taught in high school geometry today.

What is happening?
Geometry has come to reap the sinners...WITH PROOFS!
Proofs aren't that bad.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Turns out it was a test for us to tell us apart from each other.

He wanted to divide us between literal and conceptual thinkers.

There's only one other girl on my side with everyone else on the other. Apparently I took the joke too "literally" despite the fact that the prof took it way too far and wasted 15 minutes reteaching us it until we realized it was a joke.

I'm just... I'm just done.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Did anyone see club Nintendo of eu's new gift? A little majoras mask replica thing. Even in its death, club Nintendo of na sucks. Why.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Did anyone see club Nintendo of eu's new gift? A little majoras mask replica thing. Even in its death, club Nintendo of na sucks. Why.
Club Nintendo used to be real awesome in it's first 2 or so years.

Platinum rewards were awesome and the physical rewards were actually worth getting.

Than the rewards started getting worse, they started adding stuff no one wanted or cared about and now we're at the low it's at right now.

Luckily, it's suffering is almost over.

That said, I got some real good stuff from it in it's later years like the Mewtwo code (still have a 3DS code I gotta give away) and a Hyrule Warriors DLC code.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone today? :4zelda:

Just waiting for Episode 4 for Nisekoi: to air later tonight. And I just saw some of the images for the newest episode of Pokemon XY.

^mfw I see what Ash does in that episode.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Evening ~

As always.

I'm surprised this is the same page I left on. I was expecting it for at least 3 pages to pass.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Afternoon girls. How's everyone today? :4zelda:
Tired. Again.

And it's only morning where I live. Still gotta live the rest of the day.

Too many L+Z out there.

I need to practice some restraint.

Especially at night.

Have you seen what happened a few pages back?

I post one thing and a chain reaction started.

I'll let you figure out what that chain was.
And I just saw some of the images for the newest episode of Pokemon XY.

^mfw I see what Ash does in that episode.
I've done this many times over the years.

It ain't easy to sit through that some times.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Tired. Again.

And it's only morning where I live. Still gotta live the rest of the day.

Too many L+Z out there.

I need to practice some restraint.

Especially at night.

Have you seen what happened a few pages back?

I post one thing and a chain reaction started.

I'll let you figure out what that chain was.

I've done this many times over the years.

It ain't easy to sit through that some times.
Hopefully you'll get more revitalized later on.

Yeah. I've stopped watching it at around Pokemon Advanced (Hoenn Saga). So I just now browse the image gallery of the episodes on Serebii. But it just annoys that (Click Spoiler if you wanna see what he did. Be warned it contains spoilers)
Ash released his Goodra. HIS GOODRA. You idiot! It's a Pseudo-Legendary, keep it! >:C

Top Bottom