• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Just saw NAKOT got Falcon Punched in the stomach, then proceeded to pray to Keitaro on his knees on stream. LOL

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Ok real talk tho I really like using the Phamtom to catch airdodges when landing. You can charge it from far away and bait the airdodge and hit them with it, or to punish the airdodge landing lag. I also do the same thing offstage. You can also use it in tech chase situations since it covers 3/4 options (if they roll toward you then it doesn't cover that cuz lolblindspot.) Same with ledge options, covers quite a few of those as well and does decent shield damage if they shield it. Recovering high, you can send it toward the stage to try and hit your opponent. Regarding customs, Phantom Strike is amazing for gimping

tldr; me trying to salvage a horrible move

Last edited:

Soul.

The dreams everyone will have when customs are allowed in For Glory.
Scrubmasters with Power Bow/Boomerang/Shocking Spin/Meteor Bomb let's go.

Last edited:
As long as 3 stocks is a thing, I can manage with customs on or off

I'm still neutral/indifferent anyway

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Ok real talk tho I really like using the Phamtom to catch airdodges when landing. You can charge it from far away and bait the airdodge and hit them with it, or to punish the airdodge landing lag. I also do the same thing offstage. You can also use it in tech chase situations since it covers 3/4 options (if they roll toward you then it doesn't cover that cuz lolblindspot.) Same with ledge options, covers quite a few of those as well and does decent shield damage if they shield it. Recovering high, you can send it toward the stage to try and hit your opponent. Regarding customs, Phantom Strike is amazing for gimping

tldr; me trying to salvage a horrible move
I have more luck catching air dodges with Farore's or Din's Fire than Phantom, but maybe that's just me.

And I have better luck edge-guarding with Din's as well.

The Phantom isn't useless, but it's atrociously bad.

Back Slash is only good if you're predicting that your opponent is going to try RAR'ing you.

Basically, any time you land the back hit of back slash, it's a somewhat unrewarding hard read

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
A thought on Brawl Petch

Me: whatdoes Item Hitter do?
Reserved: it makes batting items stronger
Reserved:: which is things like home run bat and lip stick
Me: can Peach still pull out beam swords?
Reserved:: not anymore
Me: cool
Me: that made no sense
Me: it was like
Me: VAG BLADE
Reserved:: LOL
I deserve more recognition tbh :4peach:

Last edited:
Went on the 3DS custom hunt

Got 3 new customs after 2 attempts

Diddy is the GOAT for custom grinding

I usually end the Master core-Diddy with u-throw > u-air

That **** is still a thing although Smash Shulk has 0 issues against that :smirk:

---

Also, I might mess with hyper arts and power vision and advancing air slash. WHAT A 180

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
But that's an extreme case. Something like this would be more realistic:

Course I don't doubt there will be douchebags for the sake of being douchebags.
I feel like we could put various captions on this gif and sassify it.
I feel like the only person who uses Phantom all the time
TBH I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I USE IT FOR. I just throw it out when my opponent is trying to land and I'm just like "pls hit gorl omg"
-sigh- The life of a Zelda main...
I use it often too. Usually for positioning someone who's offstage for a dair spike. Occasionally someone will be dumb and actually get hit by it. Like my bait KOd you wat lol.

SHing backwards and spacing it is a good retreat option, and it can hit overly aggressive players. It's a decent landing option if you get knocked at a low angle onstage (blocks any followups) or if they're a good distance away dashing at you (they're forced to stop and shield or get hit, letting you land safely).

I've found that the level 2 charge might be the best since it has the lowest whiff rate, still has decent range, decent power, not-useless duration, and it doesn't take THAT long to charge.

All that plus the airdodge and ledge stiff you mentioned. I don't think its a horrible move, but it does have some niche uses, and it happens to be okayish at those small niche situations.

Why am I still awake talking about Smash...

EDIT: Yeah definitely going to bed now. Night~

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Fujin got banned again >_>

I hope he'll still remember our matches tomorrow .-.

I've been saying this for a while. I know people think Pikachu is the best but for as long as no one actually uses him (or likes him), Fox is the uncontested best.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Woah that video made me realize I hate Fox much more than I hate Sonic.

**** that ****ing furry ass piece of ****.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
and all its customs

and windfail

Spinphnoy and Windfall and Din's Fire make the 3 worst moves in the game

Even though Phantom has been raised as a rly bad move (and don't get me wrong, it is) but I've gimped people with it before and that's more than Din's Fire has done for me since September last year

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I read a roll tech chase with it the other day

and at least if you break a shield it'll kill at like, 10%

Spinphony, Windfall and Din's Fire literally don't have a use.

Edit: Actually I read that person TWICE with the move. This was the same person I hit with Peanut Popgun explosion when they overshot the ledge with Up B though as Shulk.

But that's still more than Windfail has done for me.

Windfail just turns a good move into a really bad one.

Last edited:
Bottom 5 worst moves goes like this:

1) Din's fire customs
2) Back slash customs
3) Warlock punch
4) Falcon punch
5) Ganon u-tilt

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've hit with Din's more than Warlock Punch. Ganon already has incredibly good shield break punishes like Utilt. IMO Warlock punch is worse than Din's; it hits frame 70.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Whenever I used Din's on @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 he just cancelled it with dtilt...........

Looked pathetic seeing a woman cancel a big ass explosion with a small kick.

Point is, Ganondorf's shield break options obvs aren't limited, but reverse warlock punch at least has a use. Din's just doesn't. Neither does Back Slash, although I honestly feel as Shulk's meta develops that Back Slash could be an interesting tech chasing option.

EDIT GANON UP TILT IS SAFE ON SHIELD

Last edited:
Top Bottom