• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Hello Zelda social, I know I don't post here often but I was thinking the other day and came up with an idea that has absolutely no chance of being implemented into the game but is something fun to think about and I know the Zelda boards enjoy fun things to think about plus I kinda wanted feedback on my potential creativity.

I'll preface this idea by saying that it came from my playing a lot LoL a year ago and I thought some of the basic ideas of combat from mobas actually apply to games like smash. In thinking about particular strategies in mobas, I thought of strats like poking (any league mid-laner is familiar with this but so are Megaman and Villager mains), walling (bot lane tank supports are made for this and so is Luma), and CC initiation (Morgana's q is like a Diddy banana). One thing that is prevalent in LoL that isn't seen at all in smash is the teleport initiation (I'm thinking of Kassadin's teleport into combos or Sona's flash-->ult-->her team unloading on the other team). In smash, we don't have this. There are plenty of teleports but none of them are designed to be followed up into combos except for, technically, Pikachu (Can we call quick attack a teleport?). This kind of strategy is the basis for a lot of design choices in League yet seems to be a taboo for Sakurai as all teleports in smash come with incredible ending lag while doing absolutely nothing to the opponent (Palutena/Mewtwo) or killing the opponent (Sheik/Zelda). There's no in between for teleports in this game.

With that frame of mind, something that would drastically change Zelda's metagame, imo, would be to replace Farore's Windfall with a different custom (Does anyone care about windfall anyway?). This custom would not be able to kill at any percents but would be quicker than Wind or Squall, have less endlag than Wind or Squall, and pop the opponent up a small distance for, at low percents, guaranteed aerial followups and, at higher percents, potential airdodge baits into Lkicks. The only other tradeoffs would be that the teleport goes a shorter distance than Wind (which still makes it pretty strong, let's face it) and would do less damage than Wind (Maybe only 6% like dthrow, because it's a combo/string starter as well). Obviously, the opponent would still be able to shield the teleport hitbox but a reduction in endlag wouldn't mean we get fsmashed to death at 60% (Maybe something like 15-18 frames of endlag. We can be hit but not by partially charged smashes like if we used Wind in this fashion and it still allows for followups if it hits). Perhaps even get rid of the hitbox on startup since I know Sakurai hates that Zelda is OP and wouldn't want her to have something like that. It wouldn't ultimately matter too much since it wouldn't be intended to combo into itself anyway.

Another idea would be to have a stunning teleport though this would probably be too broken (I only thought of a stunning teleport because Farore's Thunder would sound really cool as a custom).

Like I said, this has no chance of getting implemented but I think it's a fun idea to consider. If it's already been considered, then I apologize for accidentally being unoriginal.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
:4darkpit::4lucina::4drmario::4alph: ATTACK OF THE CLONES
Blasted internet tricking me into making two posts. At least they aren't posted one after another thanks to based @ Trieste SP Trieste SP popping in between the two.

I'll just edit this to make it unique.

You can ignore the 2nd quote alert for this.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Problem with Jr is that he has like... 0 options against shield or something. It doesn't help that his grab is total garbage
I will never understand why the Koopalings' grab is so awful

Legit might be the worst grab in the game, they don't even have good throws (though bthrow does 12% at least, but no kill throws and no combo throws)

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Bowser Jr. has so many problems like wtf

- TERRIBLE GRAB as Vanilla-chan said
- Can't deal with pressure on his shield other than maybe Usmash
- Can't deal pressure on his opponent's shield either because lol bad grab game
- Can't kill very reliably unless you go for da gimp or a very hard read
- TFW your UpB recovery is halted by Zelda's Dtilt and you die

Basically, you can shield against BJr all day and you're already one step closer to winning.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

Basically, you can shield against BJr all day and you're already one step closer to winning.
Also he takes more damage than he average character which is dumb.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Falco's Fast Fire Bird to Perfect Landing Slide is so hard to do consistently. I've been practicing for hours and it's still tricky to pull off. Going to surprise some people in the next tourney with this. They'll never see it coming.

Last edited:
I had a match against Jr. Won but it didn't go smoothly because I wasn't play the MU right. Played the Jr. at friendlies after. I shielded. Easy money

I think Jigglypuff has an issue with shields also except it at least has the mobility to escape quickly. Although it doesn't help that she's light as ****

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

its a bit sad that that's how you win against a lot of low tiers

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I know I'm a bit late on saying this, but I think Gengar is a stupid choice for Pokken. We could have had any Pokemon and the one chosen was Clefable's lame shadow with an oversized tongue. Even if it had to be a ghost Pokemon, there are a ton of cooler Pokemon. Mismagius, Jellicent, Banette, Chandelure, Sableye, and Trevenant are way better and more suitable (especially Banette, Mismagius, and Chandelure). Gengar is lame and awful and a stupid Pokemon.

tl;dr Gengar was an awful choice and I'm disappointed that he was chosen.
You don't like Gengar? We cannot be friends.

Though in actual response to your post, I'm failing to see how Chandelure would work in a fighter. Not many Ghost-types are really hands-on fighters. I could see Banette, Dusknoir, Sableye, Golurk, Trevenant, and possibly a few others. Gengar's probably the best choice though as it's fairly iconic and has a Mega Evolution. And, for what it's worth, I heard it was chosen because of popularity.

Not a big fan of its render though.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Also he takes more damage than he average character which is dumb.
Can someone confirm this? Because I'm skeptical lol.

I had a match against Jr. Won but it didn't go smoothly because I wasn't play the MU right. Played the Jr. at friendlies after. I shielded. Easy money

I think Jigglypuff has an issue with shields also except it at least has the mobility to escape quickly. Although it doesn't help that she's light as ****
On my first tourney before pools and bracket started, I faced a :4lemmy:in friendlies who later got 5th in the tourney. I'm pretty sure he only won like 10% of the friendly matches we did when I used Zelda, because I knew I was perfectly happy in keeping my shield up and punish everything he does. Lot of other players didn't seem to know this, hence why he got so far in the tourney. He's definitely a very good player, and makes Lemmy scary, but his opponents just didn't seem to know how to shield.

Puff definitely has the same problem which is why she's also low tier too.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
x1.15 when hit directly and x0.88 when the clown car is hit, to be accurate.

I'm not sure what the difference in damage does for his effective weight between the two hurtbox types though.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
since I know Sakurai hates that Zelda is OP and wouldn't want her to have something like that.
No wonder Din's doesn't act like it does in Ocarina of Time.

It also explains why my idea for a new down special will never happen.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
wait, did he try to counter the phantom? Mac's counter is nearly the worst thing he can do off-stage/near a ledge (except side B, of course).
Actually, his counter can actually act as a recovery because he'll kinda slide in the air. In the gif, he's facing off stage, that's why when the counter activates he slides off the stage.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
its a bit sad that that's how you win against a lot of low tiers
Not Marcina though. And they are bottom tier. :^)
Although I did talk about how much problems BJr has, I'll list all the problems ma gorl :4zelda:has and why she's still not that good.

- Speed is a huge issue here
- Zelda, I know you're incredibly pretty and slim, being 6'5 or something and all, but that ain't helping you survive attacks
- Can't deal with aggressive pressure :4zss:
- Can't deal with projectile intensive characters :4megaman:
- Characters that grab fml :4sheik:
- Can't directly challenge people in the air
- CAN'T LAND SAFELY OH MY GOD
- Many moves are easily punishable if whiffed (like my favourite grab ; w ; )
- We could use OoS USmash.... IF IT WAS ACTUALLY GOOD
- Linear gameplan and incredibly read heavy. If the plan is not working, it's hard to catchup

I could go on if I wanted to, but nah, I'm already ready to get flamed. :^)

D

Deleted member

I'm backkkk~

Taking naps and eating Maruchan after school is so great tbh.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
x1.15 when hit directly and x0.88 when the clown car is hit, to be accurate.

I'm not sure what the difference in damage does for his effective weight between the two hurtbox types though.
Meanwhile, Bowser and taking regular damage from behind. I know he has tough guy, but I feel like his shell should have some damage resistance and not just his shell being invincible - it's basically transcendent, right? - for his Up Smash, Down Smash, Dair, and and I think his Flying Fortress. Super armor on his Side Smash for the initial frames could work. The only issue is how to stop this from being broken. I mean, could you imagine if Bowser, Ganondorf, DK, Triple D, and Charizard had super armor on half their entire move set?

Also, I'm a detective now. :p

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
insert all the bad stuff about :4zelda: here
+Monster amounts of landing lag on fair and bair.

Where are you L-cancelled :zeldamelee:lightning kicks?
Also, I'm a detective now. :p
First assignment: Find out what happened to :wolf:.
I'm really starting to like white dress Zelda.
I need my purple dress and blonde hair (guess why) or I'm quitting this game since I have no other :substitute:to use and Wolf ain't in the game. (Yet)

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Not Marcina though. And they are bottom tier. :^)
Although I did talk about how much problems BJr has, I'll list all the problems ma gorl :4zelda:has and why she's still not that good.

- Speed is a huge issue here
- Zelda, I know you're incredibly pretty and slim, being 6'5 or something and all, but that ain't helping you survive attacks
- Can't deal with aggressive pressure :4zss:
- Can't deal with projectile intensive characters :4megaman:
- Characters that grab fml :4sheik:
- Can't directly challenge people in the air
- CAN'T LAND SAFELY OH MY GOD
- Many moves are easily punishable if whiffed (like my favourite grab ; w ; )
- We could use OoS USmash.... IF IT WAS ACTUALLY GOOD
- Linear gameplan and incredibly read heavy. If the plan is not working, it's hard to catchup

I could go on if I wanted to, but nah, I'm already ready to get flamed. :^)
What the hell are you talking about man? Zelda has great potential you just don't know how to punish with Lightning Kick. GTFO, kid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom