• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
I know hehe. He's just good enough to be a separate character of his own like Dark Pit :troll:

@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght @ Berserker. Berserker.
While we're at it, why not include a Dark Samus (MPrime 2&3), Shadow Mario (SMSunshine), Dark Bowser (Mario and Luigi BIS), Dark Pokemon (was it pokemon stadium where they were being made dark?), Blood Falcon, Shadow Kirby (K Amazing Mirror), Dark MK, Possessed DDD (KDL3), Mega Man Copy (MM1), Pseudo Palutena (Uprising), and Shadow or Metal Sonic? Have 1/3rd of the cast be dark clones. :troll:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
While we're at it, why not include a Dark Samus (MPrime 2&3), Shadow Mario (SMSunshine), Dark Bowser (Mario and Luigi BIS), Dark Pokemon (was it pokemon stadium where they were being made dark?), Blood Falcon, Shadow Kirby (K Amazing Mirror), Dark MK, Possessed DDD (KDL3), Mega Man Copy (MM1), Pseudo Palutena (Uprising), and Shadow or Metal Sonic? Have 1/3rd of the cast be dark clones. :troll:
I would have actually really appreciated a Shadow Mario skin at the very least.

And maybe a Protoman skin for Mega Man.

It may also just be me dreaming big, but I would have loved having the various forms of MM (Volnutt, .EXE, StarForce, and X) as Reskins seeing how much I love Battle Network and StarForce.

That's right, I liked StarForce.

Problem?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I would have preferred X and Zero over the classic MM but I see why he was chosen, being so iconic.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I would have preferred X and Zero over the classic MM but I see why he was chosen, being so iconic.
Honestly, with Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man in as well, they went for the largest nostalgia points they could by putting in the original.

Besides that, for the most part he fits the game's overall lighthearted tone better. They seem to go for that option throughout the series when they have it available, most of the major exceptions being when they don't have it available (Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Snake, Samus/ZSS) and the other exception being Link (shenanigans, ****s, giggles).

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Classic Megaman is my favorite, I don't like how they made him so unexpressive though. I know they wanted to mirror the 8 bit sprites, but it's kinda jarring.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Honestly, with Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man in as well, they went for the largest nostalgia points they could by putting in the original.

Besides that, for the most part he fits the game's overall lighthearted tone better. They seem to go for that option throughout the series when they have it available, most of the major exceptions being when they don't have it available (Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Snake, Samus/ZSS) and the other exception being Link (shenanigans, ****s, giggles).
Well seeing as I didn't grow up in the "golden age" of video games, I never got to play the classic Mega Man and Sonic games and instead grew up on their later counterparts like Heroes and Battle Network. (Which are great and people need to stop ripping on them.)

So I guess I'm no true fan of the games despite liking them, but then again, one of my friends says he's a Sonic fan because he LIKED Sonic R.

Something isn't right there.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Well seeing as I didn't grow up in the "golden age" of video games, I never got to play the classic Mega Man and Sonic games and instead grew up on their later counterparts like Heroes and Battle Network. (Which are great and people need to stop ripping on them.)
Megaman Battle Network is great, though I was never very competent at it =V

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Megaman Battle Network is great, though I was never very competent at it =V
Well I started with the 4th game, which is considered by many to be atrocious compared to the rest, But I loved it none the less. (Maybe because I got it for the wonderful price of free from a flea market)

I kind of wish people made Rom hacks of them like they do the Pokemon games, I'd love that.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I never got to play the classic Mega Man and Sonic games and instead grew up on their later counterparts like Heroes and Battle Network. (Which are great and people need to stop ripping on them.)
Nah, don't worry about being a "true fan," fan's good enough. Anybody who wants to waggle about being more of a fan than you probably doesn't have much else to waggle to begin with.

You should play/emulator some of the classic Sonic games at least, though; S3&K if no others. The older Mega Man games - well, if you've played any of the other main series ones, you ain't missing anything.

I don't have anything against Heroes or Battle network either, in concept; in practice I've never played em.

Also kind of jealous of flea market freebies. They keep making me pay for ****, it's terrible.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Morning guise
I would have actually really appreciated a Shadow Mario skin at the very least.

And maybe a Protoman skin for Mega Man.

It may also just be me dreaming big, but I would have loved having the various forms of MM (Volnutt, .EXE, StarForce, and X) as Reskins seeing how much I love Battle Network and StarForce.

That's right, I liked StarForce.

Problem?
My first post on this site was literally me asking if a Starforce alt for MegaMan was possible lmao

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Nah, don't worry about being a "true fan," fan's good enough. Anybody who wants to waggle about being more of a fan than you probably doesn't have much else to waggle to begin with.

You should play/emulator some of the classic Sonic games at least, though; S3&K if no others. The older Mega Man games - well, if you've played any of the other main series ones, you ain't missing anything.

I don't have anything against Heroes or Battle network either, in concept; in practice I've never played em.

Also kind of jealous of flea market freebies. They keep making me pay for ****, it's terrible.
Oh no, I still got to play the classic Sonic games via: Mega Collection Plus, and I like them, but I still find myself more interested in the 3D Sonic games.
Maybe because I grew up playing them a lot? I don't know.

Then again, I guess ANYTHING is better then getting caught up in that Clash of Clans or whatever mobile craze that my twin siblings can't get enough of.

Speaking of that, I heard that someone hacked that game so that people can get a bunch of stuff for free instead of paying to get ahead in the game.

Looks like someone is trying to rid the world of the phrase: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh no, I still got to play the classic Sonic games via: Mega Collection Plus, and I like them, but I still find myself more interested in the 3D Sonic games.
Maybe because I grew up playing them a lot? I don't know.
I believe it. I grew up playing S3&K so much I can still remember how some of the stages were laid out. Prolly a factor in why I recommend it so highly, the other factor of course being it's damn good.

That said, not too big on 3D Sonic I'm afraid, he's fallen a lot. Adventure and Adventure 2 were plenty solid though, and occasionally a Colors or Generations comes by and gives me hope again.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Adventure and Adventure 2 were plenty solid though.
I second this.

I haven't played any 3D Sonic games past these two because gimmicks turned me off, but if reviews and what fans say about all the games past the adventure games mean anything, I'm not missing much.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I love how Greninja can fall out of Link's Up-Smash.

Also I've been fighting the same Link over and over and I swear 80% of the time he kills me it's Up-Tilt that does me in lol

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I second this.

I haven't played any 3D Sonic games past these two because gimmicks turned me off, but if reviews and what fans say about all the games past the adventure games mean anything, I'm not missing much.
Well. Play Colors and Generations, they're aight. You won't be missing much else.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Well. Play Colors and Generations, they're aight. You won't be missing much else.
What do you think of Sonic Boom? Some people think it's worse than Sonic 06. I know jack about it besides the boxart and the design changes but that's about it.

But judging by the art, it's probably as bad as it looks.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
What do you think of Sonic Boom? Some people think it's worse than Sonic 06. I know jack about it besides the boxart and the design changes but that's about it.

But judging by the art, it's probably as bad as it looks.
I haven't played it, but I've heard a number of impressions of it. Lemme see if I can condense them.

Have you ever seen Full Metal Jacket? It's alright if you haven't, I only need about ten seconds of the movie anyway. There's a quote from the drill sergeant, which we needn't really go into context for, which goes as follows: "I will unscrew your head and **** down your neck."

It's like that, only to your childhood.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

IS THIS BETTER?!?! ARE YOU PLEASED YOUR MAJESTY?!?!?! I'M GOING TIO START CUTTING SOME SNITCHES ALL UP IN THIS JOINT!!!!!
Yes, and thank you for using my proper title. So few people do these days.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I should probably sleep. I've got stuff to do tomorrow.

Also kind of want to start playing the tin can, because I can't get enough of the low tiers I guess.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
When I figure this out, I'm going to have her as a secondary.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Good afternoon girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Just beat the World 4 Boss in DK64 and 100% that world too. And just saw Episode 4 of Gintama 2015, was hilarious.

Top Bottom