• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
secret pay-to-win tactic? Dern Nintendo

i'm betting my chips that Lucas will be top 5 because he's ness
I dunno if they'd really do that, I'm more expecting every DLC character to be average at best
but you never know!

The only thing that has me intrigued about Lucas is what is usmash (if it isn't nerfed) will be like in a game where airdodges have landing lag, I'm expecting him to be :4mewtwo: tier otherwise.

Recording some combos for documentation/GIF'cation at the moment.
I dunno if they'd really do that, I'm more expecting every DLC character to be average at best
but you never know!

The only thing that has me intrigued about Lucas is what is usmash (if it isn't nerfed) will be like in a game where airdodges have landing lag, I'm expecting him to be :4mewtwo: tier otherwise.
sakurai will buff lucas. just wait and see

edit: Everyone's right on spot though about Lucas (in all seriousness). If he isn't that significantly changed from Brawl, he probably will still be worse than Ness

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
o

all dlc characters will suck

except for the last one who will be top 5 if not #1

that way everyone will buy the characters they like before the character people buy to win comes out
*GASP* How dare you!? I'll have you know that Seagull Joe and Chillin are secretly working with Nintendo to insure that Wolf is a good, but not broken character who will retake his place as the 14th best character in Smash! He's gonna be the one to take them down. :p

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
secret pay-to-win tactic? Dern Nintendo

i'm betting my chips that Lucas will be top 5 because he's ness
He's Ness

Without his holdy PK fire

Without his FAir

Without his NAir

Without his KO up b 2

Without his Bthrow

Slower attacks overall if we're looking at Brawl Lucas as a base.

Easily a trash version of Ness.

Soul.

He's Ness

Without his FAir

Without his NAir

Without his KO up b 2

Without his Bthrow

ness' pk fire is a scrub move
ness' fair is a scrub move
ness' nair is a scrub move
ness' pk thunder 2 is a scrub move
ness' bthrow is a scrub move

Scrub-ish moves overall. Ness confirmed 3rd scrubmaster.

*GASP* How dare you!? I'll have you know that Seagull Joe and Chillin are secretly working with Nintendo to insure that Wolf is a good, but not broken character who will retake his place as the 14th best character in Smash! He's gonna be the one to take them down. :p
Not sure about Wolf but chain grabs don't exist in Smash 4. That's actually amazing news for Wolf and his viability if ever he gets into the game

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
It's kinda hard to tell what is going to happen to Lucas as far as competitive viability is concerned.

Lucas doesn't have as poor of a recovery as Ness does thanks to his tether grab and it's buffed range, plus his F-Smash doesn't take a year to come out so it's probably going to be a slightly better reflector. His B-Air is a better meteor than Ness's D-Air...

Lucas doesn't have what makes Ness that good, but he does have some advantages of his own.

I also wonder if they're going to keep some of Lucas's techs like the zap jump.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I think the main things that made Lucas chosen over Ness for people who liked those type of characters (recovery, namely) aren't a big deal in this game, so I really think Lucas is going to be significantly worse than Ness if he's more or less the same as Brawl.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
No Wolf please. All they know how to do is bair.
Meanwhile, SSB4 Diddy, Mewtwo, Sheik, Captain Falcon, Lucina, Fox, Shulk, Mega Man, Olimar, Mii Brawler, Ganondorf, and Zelda; Brawl Falco, Meta Knight, Ike, and Ice Climbers; Melee Fox, Falco, and Roy; and 64 Kirby. :p

PM Wolf does a lot more Dash Attack, Fair, and Dair alongside Bair. :p

Not sure about Wolf but chain grabs don't exist in Smash 4. That's actually amazing news for Wolf and his viability if ever he gets into the game
Chain grabs don't exist in PM, right? Well, it didn't stop him from getting grabbed over and over until he died in that game either. I mean, SSB4 Luigi is just grab-man; we should all have restraining orders against him to stop his groping rampage. :p

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
He's Ness

Without his FAir

Without his NAir

Without his KO up b 2

Without his Bthrow

And with a crap grab.

And a worse PK Thunder for juggling.

Mewtwo got a dumbstrong usmash but I'm pretty sure Lucas usmash hitboxes were 1000x better so we'll see I guess

Anyway, I will try out Lucina soon. I wanna see how nuts her f-smash is.

Playing on Yoshi's island 3DS, of course

Uncertain Title

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3238-9292
I miss the early days of Smash 4, when a Ness would try to absorb a fully charged Phantom with their PK Magnet...and would end up absorbing it with their face instead. :chuckle:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
He's Ness

Without his FAir

Without his NAir

Without his KO up b 2

Without his Bthrow

sounds like my type of character

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I miss the early days of Smash 4, when a Ness would try to absorb a fully charged Phantom with their PK Magnet...and would end up absorbing it with their face instead. :chuckle:
In the early days of Smash 4 Olimar was considered low tier. I am actually one of the very few people who didn't think so. Maybe it had something to do with that glitch where the pikmin just desync and died falling off the ledge like lemmings.

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Today I met a really bad Falco main.

Seriously, all he did was spam his laser. He managed to KO himself after I forward Smashed him off the screen.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I still can't wait for Bayonetta DLC.
You know it's going to happen.
cmon it just makes sense
:103:

Uncertain Title

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3238-9292
Maybe it had something to do with that glitch where the pikmin just desync and died falling off the ledge like lemmings.
Or they don't want some evil being who ripped them from the ground by their heads dictating how they're to die.
Whenever I try playing against an Olimar as Sheik, it's really annoying. The Pikmin seem to catch every needle and Bouncing Fish I throw at Olimar because he's tossing them all the time.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
"Maybe I should play FG"

>router resets itself midmatch

ok that was a terrible idea anyway

What I should actually do is fiddle with the alert sounds on my phone, haven't changed my ringtone in awhile and I still have the stock text message notification.

Might pick up Lucina as a secondary. She WAS my first secondary in Smash 4 and her playstyle is all about spacing so I won't need to have a different mindset when playing as her

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's a rare occasion where I can play somebody for a short while. Any console for about 30mins.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
"Maybe I should play FG"

>router resets itself midmatch

ok that was a terrible idea anyway

What I should actually do is fiddle with the alert sounds on my phone, haven't changed my ringtone in awhile and I still have the stock text message notification.
what I read;
"I feel like hurting myself"
router "I got you"
It's a rare occasion where I can play somebody for a short while. Any console for about 30mins.
I could, but I'd have to add you first, I was just hoping for the MK update anyways

Random note of the day:

Favorite Melee players are HBox, Armada, and Mango (even as a Marth player lol, but I love watching PPMD and M2K's matches)

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Or they don't want some evil being who ripped them from the ground by their heads dictating how they're to die.
Whenever I try playing against an Olimar as Sheik, it's really annoying. The Pikmin seem to catch every needle and Bouncing Fish I throw at Olimar because he's tossing them all the time.
I tried spreading the word about how annoying Olimar can get. But they didn't listen, most likely due to lack of representation.
Don't get me started on what people thought of Mega man then. I'm glad people had started to wise up after a while.

Characters that are 'balanced' will always have low representations in tournaments. People aim to win.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Random note of the day:

Favorite Melee players are HBox, Armada, and Mango (even as a Marth player lol, but I love watching PPMD and M2K's matches)
mine is angrybox which is just hungrybox when he decides to disrespect and ****s on leffen
Sandstorm might actually have been darude trainwreck, but that one set alone was worth that tournament

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Guys, for some reason this whole avatar thing got me a bit down.

I mean, I wanted a movement (revolution?) around it back there with the staff and I kind of got it, but ultimately nothing actually changed (media still gets flagged, slight feelings of "improper" lead to a prosecution, and the bar is very, very low in that regard, and apparently it will get even lower) and I even feel I was scolded by an admin I appreciate a lot, but I don't want to step back on what I decided and and and... I don't know anymore.

On the bright side, some people seemed to be on my side. That feels good actually.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Yo Philoz, how are you? Back from exams?

Seems like you actually worked your butt and browsed through all the missed pages (got some random likes). I usually skip so I applaud you for actually browsing through it.

I'm still at confusion though at how the avatar's considered inappropriate but that's not what salted me anyway
Woww

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Alacion Alacion I'll play on the wii u.
Guys, for some reason this whole avatar thing got me a bit down.

I mean, I wanted a movement (revolution?) around it back there with the staff and I kind of got it, but ultimately nothing actually changed (media still gets flagged, slight feelings of "improper" lead to a prosecution, and the bar is very, very low in that regard, and apparently it will get even lower) and I even feel I was scolded by an admin I appreciate a lot, but I don't want to step back on what I decided and and and... I don't know anymore.

On the bright side, some people seemed to be on my side. That feels good actually.
Do what I do: post vague/cryptic references to questionable subjects and no one will be any the wiser :smirk:

Last edited:
Top Bottom