• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Guys, for some reason this whole avatar thing got me a bit down.

I mean, I wanted a movement (revolution?) around it back there with the staff and I kind of got it, but ultimately nothing actually changed (media still gets flagged, slight feelings of "improper" lead to a prosecution, and the bar is very, very low in that regard, and apparently it will get even lower) and I even feel I was scolded by an admin I appreciate a lot, but I don't want to step back on what I decided and and and... I don't know anymore.

On the bright side, some people seemed to be on my side. That feels good actually.
Just be more subtle about it

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

I mean, I wanted a movement (revolution?) around it back there with the staff and I kind of got it, but ultimately nothing actually changed (media still gets flagged, slight feelings of "improper" lead to a prosecution, and the bar is very, very low in that regard, and apparently it will get even lower) and I even feel I was scolded by an admin I appreciate a lot, but I don't want to step back on what I decided and and and... I don't know anymore.

On the bright side, some people seemed to be on my side. That feels good actually.
Don't fuss about it too much. I know the feeling. I've modded a lot of forums in the past. Whenever I ask for something to change from the higher ups, they just turn me down.

It's just the way it is.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I notice you too :3c

I don't have a 3DS. I mean, I've already preemptively switched my secondaries even without trying but well.... Don't got it atm so I can't play

@ Rizen Rizen has you covered
Hey, buddy. I work hard reading through all those posts while at work doing nothing!

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Wow I'm pretty unpopular. Two times and nobody wants to play me :(
already said, I need to add you, to which I have and now you need to accept friend invite
I notice you too :3c

I don't have a 3DS. I mean, I've already preemptively switched my secondaries even without trying but well.... Don't got it atm so I can't play

@ Rizen Rizen has you covered
ah and someone beat me there
How do I dislike a post?
do this

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

I'm on your side. Tbh the only reason I behave here is because I like @BJN39 a lot and I don't think he deserves any trouble. I'm also nowhere else in SWF, so~

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I love how Zero goes to japan and the first thing on his facebook is about the food

then he's like

oh i guess they're good at smash too

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

I didn't see the original avatar but gurl you have to move on

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
In the early days of Smash 4 Olimar was considered low tier. I am actually one of the very few people who didn't think so. Maybe it had something to do with that glitch where the pikmin just desync and died falling off the ledge like lemmings.
That's why I considered him the worst character back then, though I had a footnote saying he'd probably be closer to mid if the pikmin worked properly (even then I guess I still really underestimated him). It's rather hard to say good things about a character that doesn't function properly.

iirc he got some buffs that weren't AI-related too though (whites didn't do 4% per tic before 1.0.4, for one)

Random note of the day:

Favorite Melee players are HBox, Armada, and Mango (even as a Marth player lol, but I love watching PPMD and M2K's matches)
Armada and Hbox dabes

also Abate, I love me some good Luigi Embarrass

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'll have to forgive your rude comment; as a Zelda main it is simply in your nature to say such things I suppose.
ha, says the guy who had miku booty call as a signature once, oh sorry. I should expect that from space junk mains

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Alacion Alacion can you stick with one character for a few games at a time? I don't know most of the MUs and do bad at first but get better once I see how it works.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Do what I do: post vague/cryptic references to questionable subjects and no one will be any the wiser :smirk:
Just be more subtle about it
Don't fuss about it too much. I know the feeling. I've modded a lot of forums in the past. Whenever I ask for something to change from the higher ups, they just turn me down.
It's just the way it is.
I think I've been subtle? I mean, I haven't really said much about it, I just hinted I was against their ways (though I think I stated it somewhere else?). I think I can still find ways to revolt without being aggressive, explicit, or even breaking any rule, but then again, I'm supposed to be an authority, even for rules I'm against. I wouldn't want to lose my position (where I think I'm helping?) because of this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
More points for the 3-stock movement
"Because Zero said so" has always been a reliable source.

I didn't see the original avatar but gurl you have to move on

Naw gurl, no way I'm stepping back at this point. I've come so far and it's for a greater good.

tfw I get matched up with a japanese player on for glorious and leave cause nah lag then when I enter again its the same person

I guess it is a small world after all

"Because Zero said so" has always been a reliable source.
Well to be fair, it's sort of like that for some people

I should have worded it as, "Score one more follower for the 3 stock movement"
tfw I get matched up with a japanese player on for glorious and leave cause nah lag then when I enter again its the same person

I guess it is a small world after all
I try not to play wifi

Last time I played

My Zard got bopped and my Zelda got 3-stocked

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@ Rizen Rizen Holy crap your Link is crazy. Bopped my Robin good.

And sorry I turn my laptop off to reduce lag. Didn't see your postings. I used the same character last three games though!

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I remember when ZeRo was pro 2-stocks because For Glory used it. Back then, I questioned his reasoning. Ultimately, the game is played 2-stocks in most tournaments nowadays.

Honestly, I don't have an opinion on the number of stocks this game should have been. I'm fine with one or the other.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Rizen Rizen Holy crap your Link is crazy. Bopped my Robin good.
GGs thanks. I didn't know how Paletuna played but I knew Peach, Zelda and Robin. That's why I sucked so hard vs tuna Embarrass. Good characters :) You can see how much not having the jab cancel cripples Link :cry:

Estel Elessar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jack1995pilot
I wish my area had a more active Smash community

Being a college town you'd think there'd be a ton of events going on but that doesn't seem to be the case

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
GGs thanks. I didn't know how Paletuna played but I knew Peach, Zelda and Robin. That's why I sucked so hard vs tuna Embarrass. Good characters :) You can see how much not having the jab cancel cripples Link :cry:
Yeah definitely noticed the jab cancel. My Palutena isn't bad though just don't let Palutena catch your airdodge. Also, reflect gives Link a hard time.

Don't really ask for vouches often but I have a good Peach right especially given the cat and mouse nature of our games!? :(

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Wave Cutter allows Kirby to up his 73% to 85% combo against Robin

wave cutter confirmed not trash

Top Bottom