• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
Also, some guy in FB said, "I honestly think Diddy is fine. I hope they don't nerf him."

He isn't even a Diddy main (and to my knowledge, he probably never fought one) -.-

This guy?

Oh the conformity.

I will hold off on updating my Sm4sh for now...

To layeth the smackdown on this guy with Diddy

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
The next time someone makes a Zelda video you should put elevator music in the background. Wonder how long it would take people to get the joke?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
1. Yeah. I remember testing it with my Rosalina friend and I couldn't roll out of Luma's rapid jab. Hold it long enough and it eats a ton of your shield & pushes you far enough away so that you can't punish.

I've got more replays where this happens now, except I have a ton of replays so I'm not entirely sure which ones are which. Jab can definitely be rolled out of though.

Also probably worth noting you can roll out of Palutena's Explosive Flame before the unblockable last hit if you're shielding it.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
My sister trolled 2 Rosalina fans on DeviantArt at one point. They both believed themselves to be the "actual lovers" of Rosalina..... One of them said that he was married with Rosalina and he was serious about it. He believed that Rosalina was real and actually alive. The other was obsessed with Rosalina eating people (making her look obscenely fat) and errr.... bleh. I don't want to get into the details

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Yesterday i let a Diddy hit me until i get full rage just to elevator him at 23%
Ban Zelda

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Seriously? Zelda can kill that early with Rage!? o_o

Our gal is going ham on that monkey. :yeahboi:
1.0.6:

:4zelda: Farores wind hitboxes replaced with windboxes

Dtilit damage reduced by 0.2%

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I hope that ain't true. ;_;
it's definitely possible, dedede got nerfed, wouldn't surprise me if Zelda did.

Then they might go and buff captain falcons grab range because it can't grab across the whole stage yet

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
That's why I fear an elevator nerf tomorrow. It's honestly the most broken move in the game with rage. One good read at 40% can pretty much guarantee a kill... and if you miss the read or don't feel comfortable committing due to opponent's DI you can just warp away instead of committing to the second hit.

I wouldn't mind a slight nerf to Farore's Wind as long as Sakurai at least gave her some much needed buffs. Fix her smashes Sakurai... I literally had a match of me f-smashing a jigglypuff and they fall out in the perfect angle to rest punish me. I also have a saved match of me f-smashing a Rosalina 3 times and they just simply fall out of it each time lol. Remove free fall from Din's Fire and fix Phantom Slash's massive blindspot. I'm not even asking for damage buffs or faster frame data. Just fix all the problems that should have never been a problem in the first place...

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Ok check this new discovery, when you select Ganon or Bowser the announcer makes his voice deep because they're the bad guys.

But when you select Villager he says it in the same tone. Is Villager evil? @Antonykun

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Ok check this new discovery, when you select Ganon or Bowser the announcer makes his voice deep because they're the bad guys.

But when you select Villager he says it in the same tone. Is Villager evil? @Antonykun
Same with Zelda

And sort of greninja and jigglypuff

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
What time is the patch scheduled to hit?
I have class tomorrow but I'm thinking of staying up all night if my body allows it

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I would like to accuse @redfeatherraven for actually being @NonSpecificGuy
alerts.png

That's why I fear an elevator nerf tomorrow. It's honestly the most broken move in the game with rage. One good read at 40% can pretty much guarantee a kill... and if you miss the read or don't feel comfortable committing due to opponent's DI you can just warp away instead of committing to the second hit.
so long as sakurai gives me a kit that isn't like 3 moves anymore I'd be ok with this nerf

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
What time is the patch scheduled to hit?
I have class tomorrow but I'm thinking of staying up all night if my body allows it
Well the online maintenance starts tonight at 11 and ends at 1 am I believe, so probably after that.

Rizen

Smash Legend
T
I wouldn't mind a slight nerf to Farore's Wind as long as Sakurai at least gave her some much needed buffs. Fix her smashes Sakurai... I literally had a match of me f-smashing a jigglypuff and they fall out in the perfect angle to rest punish me. I also have a saved match of me f-smashing a Rosalina 3 times and they just simply fall out of it each time lol. Remove free fall from Din's Fire and fix Phantom Slash's massive blindspot. I'm not even asking for damage buffs or faster frame data. Just fix all the problems that should have never been a problem in the first place...
I agree. Zelda is a one move wonder with elevator; it's OP but her other moves are lacking. She needs have her moves buffed but in a balanced way and that means nerfing elevator's launch power.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

See, I was worried at first about elevator nerfs (And heck, they may happen.)

But Zelda's Elevator is hardly the worst offender of its type.

I mean, has anyone else noticed how multiple characters have a similar designed high KB up special? What about Mii Brawler? That thing is undoubtably more powerful as a KO move (And gets way more ridiculous with rage than Zelda's elevator.) then there's also ZSS's boost kick; and SHE can combo ez pz into it for even earlier KOs than an un rage boosted elevator. Than there is at least also to a lesser extent Shulk's up B off the top of my head. While not as crazy powerful still is a similar design. (Edit : Also, Dark Fists!)

I may have missed one or two, but Zelda doesn't even have the best of her up special KO design. It's not OP by any means, you can even avoid the power hit with mere DI. (Something I guess is possible against boost kick, but that's a little more random and less do able, I think.) I get the difference being Zelda's has good recovery capabilities, but there are other, more powerful variations of her up B that make me more confident that Zelda's KB power could be left alone.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yesterday i let a Diddy hit me until i get full rage just to elevator him at 23%
Ban Zelda
That reminds me last night I elevatored a Toon Link at around 47% before FW's damage too.

He tried to set up a trap with bombs in order to f-smash me, but I grabbed the bomb, dodged both hits and sent him to the top flor.

I was actually very surprised he died THAT early, because I wasn't even in rage yet, I was only at like 49% myself.

But then again...

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky

I agree with all of this :D
is like basic elementary my dear Sakurai.

Hey, this is the first Smash that I have ever played and as a result I know nothing of past Zelda incarnations but I was tellin' my friend that I hope Din's Fire free fall gets removed in the next patch anf he had said that was unlikely cuz she's always had the free fall on it in every past title.
Is this true? Cuz I was like

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Is this true? Cuz I was like
Dat GIF lol.

Yup. It's been there ever since Melee. That's kind of why some of us I think have moved away from bringing it up when we talk about wanted changes. NOT that we don't want it any less lol.

It's just when something THAT terrible makes it into a THIRD iteration, you begin to believe the design is intentionally staying.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Dat GIF lol.

Yup. It's been there ever since Melee. That's kind of why some of us I think have moved away from bringing it up when we talk about wanted changes. NOT that we don't want it any less lol.

It's just when something THAT terrible makes it into a THIRD iteration, you begin to believe the design is intentionally staying.
or even worse you feel the designer doesn't even care to work on the character what so ever. That she is only in the game because he was told to add said character to the game

Rizen

Smash Legend
See, I was worried at first about elevator nerfs (And heck, they may happen.)

But Zelda's Elevator is hardly the worst offender of its type.

I mean, has anyone else noticed how multiple characters have a similar designed high KB up special? What about Mii Brawler? That thing is undoubtably more powerful as a KO move (And gets way more ridiculous with rage than Zelda's elevator.) then there's also ZSS's boost kick; and SHE can combo ez pz into it for even earlier KOs than an un rage boosted elevator. Than there is at least also to a lesser extent Shulk's up B off the top of my head. While not as crazy powerful still is a similar design. (Edit : Also, Dark Fists!)

I may have missed one or two, but Zelda doesn't even have the best of her up special KO design. It's not OP by any means, you can even avoid the power hit with mere DI. (Something I guess is possible against boost kick, but that's a little more random and less do able, I think.) I get the difference being Zelda's has good recovery capabilities, but there are other, more powerful variations of her up B that make me more confident that Zelda's KB power could be left alone.
DI doesn't always work for me to avoid the 2nd elevator hit but maybe I just suck at the timing. Zelda's elevator can be angled any direction and is imo the best recovery upB bar none. Yoshi might have a better upB overall because eggs are stupid but Zelda's is a close 2nd. Farow's is very versatile and doesn't have to be aimed up, unlike the other strong KOing upBs. The kill %s are pretty ridiculous imo.
Zelda should be buffed and have the rest of her moves work better but elevator deserves the nerf.

I agree other characters have good up specials and 100% agree with Mii fighter needing power nerfs. I think ZSS' upB can be DIed and the problem is her Uair. Shulk's upB doesn't seem OP to me; it's strong but predictable as a recovery. Dark Fists is a custom move i e 'powerful exploit' but Ganon is one of the few characters who I think is better balance with customs; having super strong hits is his thing. Ganon doesn't have good recovery distance.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
or even worse you feel the designer doesn't even care to work on the character what so ever. That she is only in the game because he was told to add said character to the game
I feel like Zelda the game deserves an extra character to represent the title.
Like oh, Idunno Ghirahim the absurdly fabulous.
We need a male equivalent of Zelda's sass and you KNOW he would fulfill it perfectly.
Oh gawd I could see one of his taunts being that violent tongue shake.
I'm not sure if it's creepy or arousing but I'll just go with both.

But I digress, if Din's Fire free fall is intentional then damn.
At least make the floaty slide during its casting be much longer/faster so we can actually get to the ledge >=>

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
People keep overratining Mii Brawler's Up-B 2 >_>. It's not that powerful guys, I tell ya. I mean of course, if you do it really close to the edge it can kill at like 60%, but so can a lot of f-smashes. On top of that, if you DI up (and you're not, like, Jigglypuff or wtv) you can live even after 70%, and after that Brawler can't actually combo into his UpB from Fair because of KBG.

The elevator can actually be DI'd out of as well, and with this I don't mean DIing the first hit so that you don't get hit by the second. If you DI the second hit down you can live even past 80 or 90% depending on how close to the ledge you are. If you're close to a side blastzone you're probably gonna die but because of the horizontal distance, which would have happened if you were hit by the reappearing hitbox of FW anyways, even if you were grounded.

The moves are very powerful, yeah, but they can be avoided in higher level play. You just have to know how to get out of them and where to DI.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
DI doesn't always work for me to avoid the 2nd elevator hit but maybe I just suck at the timing. Zelda's elevator can be angled any direction and is imo the best recovery upB bar none. Yoshi might have a better upB overall because eggs are stupid but Zelda's is a close 2nd. Farow's is very versatile and doesn't have to be aimed up, unlike the other strong KOing upBs. The kill %s are pretty ridiculous imo.
Zelda should be buffed and have the rest of her moves work better but elevator deserves the nerf.

I agree other characters have good up specials and 100% agree with Mii fighter needing power nerfs. I think ZSS' upB can be DIed and the problem is her Uair. Shulk's upB doesn't seem OP to me; it's strong but predictable as a recovery. Dark Fists is a custom move i e 'powerful exploit' but Ganon is one of the few characters who I think is better balance with customs; having super strong hits is his thing. Ganon doesn't have good recovery distance.
but elevator deserves the nerf.
Wait...What?!

Maybe I misunderstand and you meant "If we have to lose elevator to get moveset buffs than bye elevator." But if you legit think Elevator should just be nerfed, idk what to think... ;_;

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The main advice thread is hilarious. I swear to God that everyone on there is like 10.

"hi guize smsh 4 is my 1rd smsh game (im 9 yrs old ok #90s kid) and i cant deside between :4bowserjr::4bowser::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4duckhunt::4darkpit::4mewtwo::4rob::4peach::4metaknight::4tlink::4wiifitm::4wario2::4villagerf::4zss::4marth::4sheik::4samus::4sonic::4ganondorf::4dk::4ness:. i want my main to be cool with a cool costume, i want a rly good main who is fast with $wag combos, and i want a good projectile with good melee attacks with range and power. that's all tysm"

and then they post later saying, "ok i'm going to main :4bowserjr::4greninja::4ness::4olimar::4wiifit::4zss::4pikachu::rosalina::4robinm::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4mewtwo::4megaman::4charizard::4darkpit:! tysm 4 the help!!!!!"

The thread gives me strength when I have none.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
If I had to make a wishlist for tomorrow it would be:
  • Pocket Phantom. Zelda immediately jumps up the tier list by having a save approach and a safe ranged kill option. Would probably put her around B tier imo. Phantom Breaker would be extremely scary for shield pressure now.
  • No free fall on Din's Fire. Din's Blaze becomes a nightmare for opponents trying to recover. You can now chase them offstage while setting a trap at the same time. You can also set a blaze when recovering similar to how DDD sticks a gordo on the edge of the stage. You can actually do this now but it's extremely dangerous due to free fall and such.
  • Nayru's Rejection no longer deals damage or the damage is like Fox's lazers. Now the move can see some actual use as a cape!
  • Nair auto-cancels. Fast falling nair to elevator would be pretty nifty :awesome:
  • Fix F-smash and U-smash
  • Move Nayru's Love intangibility from 5-12 to 1-8. So tired of seeing this move canceled by every attack in the game... My favorite is getting grabbed during the animation and it not breaking the grab so you just see an awkward blue crystal during the opponent's throw lol. This wont happen.
What we will probably get:
  • Farore's Wind nerf.
  • Nayru's Love nerf.
  • 2% added to Din's Fire to balance the FW and NL nerfs. :awesome:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The main advice thread is hilarious. I swear to God that everyone on there is like 10.

"hi guize smsh 4 is my 1rd smsh game (im 9 yrs old ok #90s kid) and i cant deside between :4bowserjr::4bowser::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4duckhunt::4darkpit::4mewtwo::4rob::4peach::4metaknight::4tlink::4wiifitm::4wario2::4villagerf::4zss::4marth::4sheik::4samus::4sonic::4ganondorf::4dk::4ness:. i want my main to be cool with a cool costume, i want a rly good main who is fast with $wag combos, and i want a good projectile with good melee attacks with range and power. that's all tysm"

and then they post later saying, "ok i'm going to main :4bowserjr::4greninja::4ness::4olimar::4wiifit::4zss::4pikachu::rosalina::4robinm::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4mewtwo::4megaman::4charizard::4darkpit:! tysm 4 the help!!!!!"

The thread gives me strength when I have none.
Whoa there... 9-year olds aren't even allowed on SWF without parental consent. The minimum age is either 13 or 14. I swear if this is a troll post...

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206

I've got more replays where this happens now, except I have a ton of replays so I'm not entirely sure which ones are which. Jab can definitely be rolled out of though.

Also probably worth noting you can roll out of Palutena's Explosive Flame before the unblockable last hit if you're shielding it.
Hmm... I'll have to look into it. I think you can't roll if you're too far into staryu allowing the finisher to be safe. I know you can't roll if you're between Rosa and staryu... Or if you can, you have a small window between both repeating hitboxes.

I do know about explosive flame. I spent last night exploiting customs with my new smash4 Seattle friends and how dumb some customs are. Custom tena, custom Kirby (lol giant hammer), custom Marcina (cancer slash)... I love customs, but it's just so different...

Top Bottom