• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I missed the sexuality and fitness chats damn:sadsheep:

This is old (not really, this thread is just top tier speed) but I'll reply anyway
I actually have a somewhat difficult time against Villager. Maybe I'm playing the match-up wrong, but I have a feeling it's not even. Is this just me?
Having been Villager while doing this matchup, it definitely feels stacked against Zelda.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Just gotta make sure to reverse gravity with Nayru's on the bowling ball and reflect those trees.

Does seem quite hard for Zelda though.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Geez, you gurls are posting like mad.

So not everyone here plays Zelda, but who else do you play? I've been playing the same characters for a while personally (Peach, Zelda, Jigglypuff and Kirby) but now I'm trying other stuff like Palutena becauyse her playstyle is fun even though the character sucks in my opinion.

Oh and ZSS is quite nice even though I feel like she's laggier than in Brawl.

I also like using Ness, G&W, Duck Hunt Dog, MARTH, etc... How about you people ?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
villager is like megaman with different tools. equally frustrating, but in the end it might not be as bad as mega can get.

i've stuck with Peach, Zelda, Jiggly, but i've also been working on Wii Fit, Pac-man, Shulk, villager, and swordsman. I was fiddling around with Palutena but then i start to act like Zelda and SD because warp goes nowhere so i stopped using her lol

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Page 100. Catching up:

I am a straight woman married to a straight man and even I was able to disappoint my parents with the "no grandkids" talk... because I don't want kids. On the other hand, if you are gay and you do want kids there are ways to make that happen. Otherwise sexual orientation will not save you from the grandkids talk either way.

Junior high was the worst. Retrospectively it seems like everyone was trying so hard to establish their identities and loudly demonstrate just how much they are not babies that a lot of folks wound up being straight up assholes. And then there is just the organic growing apart folks do as personalities change and develop (this can happen throughout one's life). On the other hand I felt like high school was a lot better and people who were jerks in junior high mellowed out and became friendly again, even if not the best of friends.

I think the secret to keeping a healthy weight is enjoying a variety of foods, including and ESPECIALLY healthy foods. I strongly believe diet has more impact than exercise in that regard. If you enjoy vegetables and other healthy eats in the same proportion as other foods it will be easier. Get a taste for everything: foreign foods, new foods, foods you used to hate but would maybe like prepared differently. Then, let there be no "forbidden" foods, but make sure to include the healthy stuff in your meals every day.

For Glory makes me question my life/sanity. I can be owning folks for hours and then there are stretches where I am getting owned. :(

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
villager is like megaman with different tools. equally frustrating, but in the end it might not be as bad as mega can get.

i've stuck with Peach, Zelda, Jiggly, but i've also been working on Wii Fit, Pac-man, Shulk, villager, and swordsman. I was fiddling around with Palutena but then i start to act like Zelda and SD because warp goes nowhere so i stopped using her lol
We kinda have the same tastes lol.

For Glory makes me question my life/sanity. I can be owning folks for hours and then there are stretches where I am getting owned. :(
I feel you. I hate losing on For Glory because of lag and lack of easy killing moves, but it's not that bad. Plus it doesn't happen often otherwise I wouldn't have a 90% win rate.

What is obnoxious is when you're fighting Toon Link who knows how to play (read retreating projectile spam and can't do a thing cause lollag). And when you decided that you have enough, you come back to Roll Glory and meet another Toon Link.

I swear, Links are invading Roll Glory. You keep seeing this character all the time whenever you go on it. So when they really bore me, I take out Irrelevina and trash them or I pick the same character as them and destroy them.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I do not want kids. Maybe I will in the future.

I use Zeldawful <3, Olimar, Slayutena, Villager, WFT, Rosalina, Little Mac, Sheik, Samus....
I really should cut down on this list but eh.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm kinda glad FG helps me find my own bad habits and read opponents.....

But DAMMIT, it's frustrating that my slow, precision-oriented and calculated playstyle is no match for slow, powerful moves that hit anyway because lol lag.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Wow. Page 100. Catching up:

I am a straight woman married to a straight man and even I was able to disappoint my parents with the "no grandkids" talk... because I don't want kids. On the other hand, if you are gay and you do want kids there are ways to make that happen. Otherwise sexual orientation will not save you from the grandkids talk either way.

Junior high was the worst. Retrospectively it seems like everyone was trying so hard to establish their identities and loudly demonstrate just how much they are not babies that a lot of folks wound up being straight up *******s. And then there is just the organic growing apart folks do as personalities change and develop (this can happen throughout one's life). On the other hand I felt like high school was a lot better and people who were jerks in junior high mellowed out and became friendly again, even if not the best of friends.

I think the secret to keeping a healthy weight is enjoying a variety of foods, including and ESPECIALLY healthy foods. I strongly believe diet has more impact than exercise in that regard. If you enjoy vegetables and other healthy eats in the same proportion as other foods it will be easier. Get a taste for everything: foreign foods, new foods, foods you used to hate but would maybe like prepared differently. Then, let there be no "forbidden" foods, but make sure to include the healthy stuff in your meals every day.

wonderful post :) I totally agree about the school part, it was frustrating for me too :/

Other characters I enjoy using: Rosalina, Bowser Jr, Robin, Yoshi, Plautena, Lucina, Peach, Jiggs, Shulk but only in his undies and Zard just to name a few off the top of my head

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Geez, you gurls are posting like mad.

So not everyone here plays Zelda, but who else do you play? I've been playing the same characters for a while personally (Peach, Zelda, Jigglypuff and Kirby) but now I'm trying other stuff like Palutena becauyse her playstyle is fun even though the character sucks in my opinion.

Oh and ZSS is quite nice even though I feel like she's laggier than in Brawl.

I also like using Ness, G&W, Duck Hunt Dog, MARTH, etc... How about you people ?
Not sure if I really have a main right now, but I use Zelda, Sheik, Fox, Lucario (used them in Brawl too), and I'm working on WFT, Palutena, and Robin.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I play Zelda 100% of the time and the lag is extra annoying since she relies on absolute precision and squeezing attacks into very tight openings. Aside from the lag screwing that up, it also screws up button inputs for a lot of moves (with disastrous results, in some cases) and also ruins any element of surprise allowing for frame-perfect blocking of moves that probably would have hit otherwise...

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I want to design my Zelda amiibo into Hilda but i am an art noob. I did some research but i thought I would consult you guys to see what you think. Maybe a guide somewhere i dont know.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ummm.... Hello..... I'm Lozjam, a uh, Ganondorf main....
@Mocha directed me towards here, as I had a complete reset in smash 4 due to a concussion. So I am going to add Zelda to form the Triforce Trio.
*sits uncomfortably*
So yeah, ummmm, just don't insult My Lord else you will be kidnapped, tortured, murdered, or given a compliment and yeah...

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
:4zelda:and only :4zelda: for me. cccc:

... Although:4ganondorf:appears 5% of the time too.

And welcome @ Lozjam Lozjam !!

Who wants the 4000th post?

And welcome lozjam

@ Salad Bowl Salad Bowl

Buster Kirby is insane. Them u-tilt chains until 50%....

Also, jump Kirby is basically exploiting super high mid-air jumps and harassing Shulk with any aerial. That's all you need to know. Oh and boost pivot grabbing with speed Kirby is a thing also

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Omg this used to be a thing back on the Brawl Online Social. We called it "taking pages". @ Twili Twili was the page queen. (Obligatory tag)

It got pretty hardcore, but we were always defeated...

Another thing we did was " taking Ks". The goal was to get every thousanth post. We even had a hall of fame. Now THAT was some srs stuff.

We should totally start this guys.
I was summoned.

Hello Zeldagoers.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Holy **** guys, this game looks freaking amazing.

Like seriously it could really take me away from Smash if I get it >_>...

Also, hi to all the new guys!

Latte

Smash Ace
I only play as Zelda. I should probably try using some other characters so I can know their weak points.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Hello queen~

I see you're of the fine art of the black dress Zelda?

You've got my attenTion.
Hey hon~

Another dark Zelda? Hmmyes, I like you already.

Edit; Welp, realize how creepy I looked. Carry on, all. ヽ(´∇`)ノ

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
*Goes to page 89*

And I finally won a match online! I am no longer a **** player!

Also, completely unrelated to Smash, but extremely funny.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I main Bowser and Rosalina.

I use Zelda frequently on wifi/friendlies/beating scrubs along with Lucina and Woman Lucina.

Also wow there's been like, 5 pages since I was last here.

P.S. I also don't want kids.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
To join the convo, I don't want kids either. At least not a baby. From 5 years and up I can handle.

And I use Meta Knight, Lucina, Marth, DeDeDe, Zelda, Duckhunt, Zero Suit Samus, Jigglypuff, Villager, Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, Robin, and Mii Swordsman. Low Tier rep here.

Okay, NOW I use Shulk, Rosalina and Ness. Mostly use Shulk. Zelda, Robin, Villager, and Ganondork are my secondaries

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I don't like how all my characters I use went from Low/Mid to High/Top. Makes me look like a tier *censored*.
But then I have Zelda so it balances out.

Oh and no kids for me either. Then again I'm only 16 so my views will probably change drastically.

Last edited:

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I work in security
which means I sit around doing nothing for most of the day as well
so after a few days I feel like I'm decaying

and then I stumbled a long this thread
and suddenly I was motivated to workout.

The Zelda boards have this . . . effect . . .

Top Bottom