• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Move Tier List (it's a fad!)

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
If you know how to use downB, then it's top tier. If you don't, it's bottom tier and will only screw you over. It's like Shiek mains using downB and spamming fmash and usmash assuming people will run into them lmao.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If you know how to use downB, then it's top tier. If you don't, it's bottom tier and will only screw you over. It's like Shiek mains using downB and spamming fmash and usmash assuming people will run into them lmao.
I really don't rate her down b. We're discussing Zeldas moveset that only she can use in the midst of battle. Zelda mains aren't using down b in the middle of a match.

If you want to discuss her down b as a move, hers isn't that great. Switching to Sheik? For what? Sheiks down b is fanatastic, Zeldas sucks. Not to mention that transform takes forever when you switch to Sheik.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I definitely noticed the time change, and I have to love the character bias here Marsulas. Oddly enough, I switched to Sheik in a match in tournament by accident. I wasn't punished as I had just knocked him away and sure enough, he wasn't sure what to do. I did a quick hyphen-smash and switched back. My kill was intact and my opponent still confused as to what happened.

I haven't suffered from that mistake since, but it is weird that I benefited from the mistake since my opponent had no idea what to do with Sheik. Any other time I do this against my training partners, I am punished severely (My Sheik <<< My Zelda).

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol, i'm not really baised towards Sheik, i'm just saying that transform is mostly used by Sheik mains for a KO, while Zelda's is rarely ever used unless you are in-game counterpicking.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I know what you meant, but it sounded bias (which I still like). In most cases, I believe if you start as Zelda you have no reason to really switch unless you are trying to refresh your moves or you are making a last ditch effort while getting your butt kicked. You can call that bias if you want, but I am confident in my Zelda in most matches, and I have secondaries to cover my poor match-ups.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Just a thought.

I don't really think there can be a concretely decisive tier list for Zelda's moveset.
I feel that everyone who mains her utilizes her moveset in different ways so, for some, one thing might be 'high tier' and some things might be 'bottom tier'.

For instance, if I'm very good with Lightning Kicks and really have never used her Fsmash, then Fsmash will probably be lower on my list [even though I personally think it's a very good move]. I know that I have scored myself so really good kills with Dair, so when I see Dair as the bottom of some of you all's lists, I'm a bit confused.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with simply giving your opinion. Feel free to discuss. I just felt it necessary to comment on that.

To keep myself on track, I think that Transform is a very good move. I think it deserves to be in Top tier ;P

Bandit

Smash Lord
I have started throwing Dairs a ton more, and it has led to a ton of success. A lot of people don't know she has a spike and if you throw it early enough, it has enough priority and range to kick people way from you if they chase you up.

My favorite new combo (perhaps I should just say string of moves) is to dair sweetspot into an LK. I was able to pull this off a few times with a non-sweetspot dair sometimes as well. I could careless if you call it a true combo or not because when you land one of those you feel amazing and your opponent is left in the fetal position.

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
Just a thought.

I don't really think there can be a concretely decisive tier list for Zelda's moveset.
I feel that everyone who mains her utilizes her moveset in different ways so, for some, one thing might be 'high tier' and some things might be 'bottom tier'.

For instance, if I'm very good with Lightning Kicks and really have never used her Fsmash, then Fsmash will probably be lower on my list [even though I personally think it's a very good move]. I know that I have scored myself so really good kills with Dair, so when I see Dair as the bottom of some of you all's lists, I'm a bit confused.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with simply giving your opinion. Feel free to discuss. I just felt it necessary to comment on that.

To keep myself on track, I think that Transform is a very good move. I think it deserves to be in Top tier ;P
Aside from how good transform is... I completely agree haha :p

Iris

Smash Ace
Ashamed to be doing this but whatever.

Top-

Dtilt
Dsmash

High-

Usmash
Transform
Bair

Mid-

Fair
Nayru's Love
Nair
Uair
Utilt
Fsmash
Din's Fire

Low-

Dash attack
Dair
Ftilt
Grab options (All are more or less equally crummy)
Farore's Wind
Jab

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I finally gave in...

Top-
Dsmash
Transform
Bair

High-
UpAir
Fsmash
Upsmash
Dtilt

Mid-
Nayru's
Din's
Nair
Farore's
Dair
Utilt

Low-
Dash Attack
Jab
Fair
Throws (after grabbing)
Ftilt
Grab

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I use upair all the time... It kills so low and is really not that difficult to hit with. I love killing people at 60% or so with it. Just as an added bonus a lot of people don't expect it at lower percents so I use it to end "combos" that go air born.

Top Bottom