• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda mains & Shiek mains

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Zelda mains, do you practice alot with Shiek?

Shiek mains, do you practice alot with Zelda?

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
Zelda main... and there was a time where I worked on my Shiek a lot but... it's just not me. So now I don't practice with shiek at all. Occasionally I'll play a match completely as Shiek just for fun.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I go through phases. Sometimes I focus on my Zelda, sometimes on my Sheik. Currently I just came out of a Sheik-phase, and I'm practicing with them both equally.

They're two different characters in terms of their playstyles, so I often get a bit disorientated when I switch phases. Like, I'll try to run and SHFF Aerials a lot as Zelda, which, to some extent works, but you can't pretend Zelda is Sheik. She has her own individual strengths and weaknesses.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
I think I actually practice my Sheik *more* than my Zelda because it seems like I'm always improving her tactics. With Zelda it seems like I rarely feel I'm getting any better. Maybe I've just hit a rut.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I don't use Sheik. I tried to, but it's just a pain for me... and since I'm practicing PT, I don't feel like messing with Sheik.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Im a Zelda/Sheik main
I mostly work on Zelda and practice a little with Sheik just enough to get used to his style.
Sheik has got me out alot of bad situations:)

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I play both pretty equally. Though I don't do the whole change to Zelda to kill deal very often, only if whoever I'm playing is a pain to kill with Sheik.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
My Sheik is my best character and I love her to death, but there are some matchups where she can't keep up. When I got Brawl I tried to just play exclusive Sheik, Normally her having a hard time ko'ing isn't a big problem for me because of her gimping abilities. Then I started playing good DDD's,MK's, G&W's, and these characters are extremely hard to gimp, so I started using Zelda for the ko. To tell you guys the truth, I just fell in love with Zelda and started playing a lot of matches without giving a second thought to switching to Sheik. My feeling is they were meant to both be played...........they complement each other perfectly, their styles are so vastly different I relish the idea of mastering them both. It seems like if Sheik has a bad matchup, Zelda handles that matchup better and vice versa. Lol to sum it all up, I play both of them equally.

Natural High

Smash Rookie
My Sheik is my best character and I love her to death, but there are some matchups where she can't keep up. When I got Brawl I tried to just play exclusive Sheik, Normally her having a hard time ko'ing isn't a big problem for me because of her gimping abilities. Then I started playing good DDD's,MK's, G&W's, and these characters are extremely hard to gimp, so I started using Zelda for the ko. To tell you guys the truth, I just fell in love with Zelda and started playing a lot of matches without giving a second thought to switching to Sheik. My feeling is they were meant to both be played...........they complement each other perfectly, their styles are so vastly different I relish the idea of mastering them both. It seems like if Sheik has a bad matchup, Zelda handles that matchup better and vice versa. Lol to sum it all up, I play both of them equally.
Ah! You spoke my feelings exactly ;)

When I first got Brawl I stopped using Sheik, who was my main in Melee, because her killing power was nearly cut in half.

After playing with Ike for a while I returned to Zelda and found that her moves had been considerably beefed up. It was then I realized that each character had a purpose this time around, and ever since I've been trying to train evenly with both Zelda and Sheik.

The only problem is their the only people I'm really good with anymore :3

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I practice....with both of the characters Moderately....Honestly I'm training with her Now. I also only play with them as if they are two Separate characters....Unless your Zelda and You going against G&W....or someone like Ness....that;s the only time I feel its appropriate to transform into Shiek...Other than that....I end the Match with the Same Character I started off with.....and I Main Both of them....Though Kirby is the King

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Zelda main, and I've been practising with Shiek. I still suck with her though. All I know how to do is dash to approach and then throw out random moves XD

Top Bottom