• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Mafia! Town Wins! GGs to all

X1-12

Smash Champion
@ALL: If you enjoyed it feel free to go to the Sign-ups Thread and join a game there!

Oh that's harsh.

X1, that's harsh.

How did you communicate? That's like grade A crucial for scum.
in 2 man scum teams QTs aren't crucial, instant messaging and PMs work fine.

@Gova: Scumhunting is just the general way of rooting out the scum in this game, its often done by looking at inconsistencies, or just looking at posts and thinking what people's motives are. Asking questions helps pin people and you can get the stuck in a corner, its something you just get naturally better at over time. As scum you have the tricky act of having to appear to scumhunt, but also push the lynches of town players.

X1-12

Smash Champion
GwJumpman: Your confrontational attitude was at some points anti-town and several of your attacks on Swiss were poorly founded, yes he was controlling town, but was there any ulterior motives? Did any of his actions actually look scummy? working together is not always a bad thing.

SkylerOcon: Throughout the entire game you managed to post so few stances and so little content I'm suprised you survived as long as you did. If you just posted a few opinions and stuck to them you could have won the game. Several times you were asked your thoughts and all you could say were 'nitpicky' things. In other games you die real fast for doing this. Not too sure about the night kill choices, once adagio had claimed cop you should have been very aware of the doc possibility and who would be protected, its very bad for mafia if a doc protect happens.

BSL: possible MVP indeed, you played solid the whole way through, you got caught up with Blaziking but it is hard to differentiate between noobtown/noobscum so I don't blame you. You have potential to be a good town player. I still can't believe that despite the fact it explicitly says in your PM, you thought you lose if you die..

Adagio: Claiming so soon wasn't the best of options but your night action choices were superb, Either Skyler or Gova were good choices each night and the fact you picked those two was impressive. In future games you should hold off claiming until you have a guilty, or you are around L-1/L-2 and about to be lynched.

Swiss: Your paranoia almost got the best of you at the end there, going on about Sword being scum fake claiming doc couldn't be possible if you believed Adagio's claim of roleblocked cop. There had to be a doc at that point, and do you really think a newbie would just leave Sword unCC'ed? I'm also surprised you didn't try to meta Skyler, who said at the start he'd played mafia twice before. You're not IC'ing again after this post. I almost gave you a warning and threatened modkill on repeat offence but I thought that would only encourage you. I only considered it because its a newbie game after all.

Sworddancer: Good choice of night actions, getting a doc protect is very good and I think you played well overall. Paranoia about the other IC is fairly understandable just try to keep on top of it.

Blaziking17: Even though you did die D1 you only really fell down on lack of experience, you didn't play intentionally anti-town but sometimes lynches like that happen D1, your lynch still gave town information and to be fair I don't think you played that badly.

J: Odd that you were NK'ed, I'd have liked to see you play more but meh, I think you are slowly evolving as a player but in all honesty sometimes I think people find it hard to believe you based on the pure amount you AtE. You also could be a real good town player one day.

Gova: I wouldn't expect any newbies to ever fakeclaim a PR, but if you did it would have been very ballsy and very effective, had you done it D2, and done it convincingly enough to atleast out the other doc, you'd have won MVP hands down and probably won the game for scum. I don't blame you for not wanting to do it in your first game, props for even thinking of it and Navi was a good char to go with that claim. You've got great scum potential, I'd love to see a game with a Swiss/Gova scumteam. With the cop claimed it was a good idea to draw the lynch away from Skyler as keeping the roleblocker was important. In the future you can try 'bussing' your scummate which is essentially when one scummate pushes for the other's lynch in order to gain town credibility, in this game it perhaps wan't the best choice but keep it in mind for future games, which I hope you play.

Activity, and lack thereof: At the start of the game I decided to allow 72 hours between posts since it was a newbie game, but it was a bad decision. Several periods of little-to-no activity was a shame :/

If you enjoyed it: I really do suggest you go to the sign-ups thread and join a game, small games to start with, there's sign-ups for GorditoBoy's game at the moment and I'll be playing in it, so I can help you out. If you don't like that game you can always wait for others to come along as they always do.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
X1, in Swiss'es defense I don't think he was really paranoid about me at the end, and instead was actually trying to keep me alive through the Night if we mislynched.

From Swiss:

@ Swords - Sorry about lying to you, I assume you knew I knew you were town. I had to re-direct the scum NK as I just couldn't figure out which of them would be scum if it wasn't Skyler. I had town reads on all of them. You played well and I had the same scum reads as you, I couldn't pin you D1 - and I couldn't figure out why you didn't like BSL.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Yeah I knew Swords was town. My problem was that, assuming Skylertown, I couldn't figure out who the other scum would be. So I needed to create a situation in which Swords wouldn't be nightkilled to help narrow down the options.

Also, what was wrong with my #369? As an IC Swords should have known the mechanics of roleblocking. Admittedly I had to check with you after posting to make sure, but I fail to see what was so bad about it.

If it's the pic then it was funny enough to warrant a blacklist :p

X1-12

Smash Champion
ermm it was offensive? lol

I'd have thought you'd be able to control town better if sword was dead, but fair enough. You could have bluffed that he was going to 50/50 protect himself/adagio maybe? eh idk well played anyway

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Lol, X1, I skimmed it. I saw VT, and didn't read anything else. Skimming is scummy. I'm scum. :O

Thanks for the MVP votes, guys. The only thing is, this technically isn't my first game. This IS the first one I played from start to finish, or from start to death. So idk if it changes anything.

Not good at shout outs. Don't be offended, please.

Swiss, I hate your play-style. I really do.

J, what the f were you thinking when you hammered?

Blaziken, don't freak out like that.

Everyone else, eh. Idk. Sorry.

Adagio

Smash Rookie
Good game everyone. Sorry I played somewhat poorly. The activity thing too got to me; it's taxing to be online so often.

Glad I nailed both scum targets on my investigations. I was so surprised I was roleblocked on the first one though. Yeah my claiming was probably not smart, but it ended up working I guess...

Swiss' playstyle confused me, a lot. He seemed to know things people didn't which made me suspicious of him so I wasn't really sure what was going on. Maybe with experience I'll understand it.

Everyone else, nice game.

I've noticed, once pressure starts rolling onto someone it is VERY difficult to get it off. Bking, myself, Gova and Skyler all got rolled, quickly, and the only reason I wasn't lynched was because of my claim. Is there some method to preventing your lynch once the votes start coming in?

It was fun though, definitely.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Uh yeah, I play differently to most people. I have lots of different 'styles'.

If you contribute, ask people questions and follow them up - you'll never get waggoned. Unless, that is, the wagon itself is fake (like the Bking wagon - I didn't actually think he was scum when I started waggoning, but putting him under pressure allowed me to see if he was).

X1-12

Smash Champion
In this game especially, Swiss was controlling the town to get lots of votes onto people for pressure, as when people 'crack' it is easier to read them often. You can see this when Swiss was annoyed at J for hammering Blaziking, he didn't actually want him dead yet, just to see how he responded to pressure. In the case of Gova and Skyler under pressure they didn't seem to respond in a very town looking way i.e justifying their actions, explaining why the points against them are null. A good example of a townie defending themselves against pressure is Oddworld Mafia where Swiss claimed he had a guilty on Xastrn from the start of D1, Swiss later revealed that this was just a bluff to get a good read on Xastrn, and most of the town knew he was a townie from that point on.

Top Bottom