• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda KO Moves?

lorddotm

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I think that I like Zelda, I was using her for a bit, but it seems that she doesn't have a wide variety of KO moves.

Lately, Uair, Fair, Bair, and Din's Fire, along with Fsmash have been doing it, but at pretty high percents, is that the only way, or can she KO at lower percents?

By the way, she is so awesome, I love using her, and using the teleport's double damage thing.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
you just named her kill moves, except for usmash and dsmash.

dsmash can kill at lower precents if you're near the edge, since it sends them at a slightly downward angle.

i don't really know what percents all of her moves kill at but i don't think you have to get them too high to kill with fair, bair, and uair. also, dair can be a kill move if you spike them off the stage.

Ricky_kun

Smash Cadet
Actually, you named most of the kill moves. Bair, Fair, and Uair, can kill within the 65%-75% at the lowest, depending on the opponent. Her only killing smash that sends you the furthest is probably Fsmash, although Utilt is a killer as well.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Uhhhh.... Zelda has some of the most/best kill moves in the game.

Fair and Bair - Can kill at around 70%
Upair - Can kill 80-90%
Uptilt - Can kill 120%
Forward Tilt - Can kill 140%
Dash Attack - Can kill 140%
Forward Smash - Can kill 100-120%
Upsmash - Can kill 130%
Downsmash - Can kill 140%, or lower if they have a bad recovery
Din's Fire - Kills off top at 120-150% (depending on character and placement)
Dair - Spikes for instant kill at just about any percentage

Her only moves that CAN'T kill are:
Jab
Dtilt (though this can ledge-spike)
Naryu's Love
Farore's Wind (might kill at really high percentages, not practically though)
Transform
Neutral Air

Iris

Smash Ace
Those percentages are mostly FD center percentages. Her aerials kill even lower off the edge or moderately high in the air, when you would use them. Zelda's almost as good as Ike in terms of power and far better in speed. Killing's only difficult on laggy wi-fi, since it's hard to execute her aerials in lag.

Edit: oh yeah, all of her moves besides transform kill in sudden death, at least on lightweights.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Zelda has plenty of killing moves (listed above), some just are somewhat difficult to hit with. Bigger problem imo is that she has some flaws in edgeguarding compared to some characters (not complaining here).

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
It's like people have said, you named most of the kill moves.

UpAir or Din's Fire = Ker-blam
F-Smash or U-Smash = Ker-zap
D-Air = Ker-spike
F-Air or B-Air = Ker-heel

Really, that's what has made Zelda so solid in this installment. She has a good number of kill moves now.

FadingWings

Smash Cadet
Zelda has some awesome KO moves hands down.Uair,Dair as a spike (a bit hard),Ftilt,and a sweet spot kick.And also Fsmash is good in some situations.

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
Considering that her kill moves have already been stated, I'd like to say that I find myself killing with FSmash, USmash, Uair, Fair, Bair, and Din's Fire most often. Dtilt can be tough to use effectively, though, considering it's fairly hard to sweetspot. However, she's got a variety of great moves to combo together.

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
One of my favorite kill combos at 90-100 is a dtilt to utilt. This combo is lethal. I like it better than the upsmash because mine usually gets diminished because hyphen smashing is so great. Her dtilts isa frames work great into utilt. And utilt starts in front of you and dtilt at high percents puts them right into the hitbox.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
When I use Zelda, almost anything can kill with the exception of Nayru's Love, Standard A, Nair, Transform, Dtilt, Farore's Wind, and the throws.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten a kill at least once with all of her other moves.

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
Utilt is my primary KO move, actually. Very lethal, KOing around the 95% range on FD, and even earlier on other stages that have higher platforms (like Battlefield).

Fsmash doesn't give me the trajectory I need to KO, so I mostly use it to rack up damage and set up for Din's Fire assaults. Usmash is very good in the early %s, as you can usually hit them twice before they can escape when they're hit at 0%.

I'm surprised you're bringing up Zelda's KO options; they're some of the best I've seen in Brawl.

Christova

Smash Cadet
Lately I've gotten really good with fair and bair. The hitboxes are really different from melee but I'm finding it easier to acclimate.

F-smash and then spamming din's until they go off the edge is another fun way. Zelda has many more KO moves than last time.

goodkid

Smash Lord
All of her moves KO, except Nayru, d-tilt, and transform. Her jab killed in Sudden Death, which rarely happens though.

ded

Smash Rookie
the one probelm that i seem to be havin with her is landing the sweet spot skills. fair b air d air., all have that inside ur oppent requirement which makes em tough. but for that sake it is all to easy to land a usmash, and uair is about as good as any atk will ever be

Top Bottom