• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Image Gallery (UPDATE APRIL 12!)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy's Rosalina Thread got me thinking. I should do an image gallery for one of my favorite Smashers, Zelda! So I decided to make this thread, and for all I know, maybe I can do a thread for all the next few veterans to be announced. I will be posting pictures here and will update whenever we see a picture of Zelda.

Zelda Official SSB Wii U/3DS Artwork

Wii U SCREENSHOTS

3DS SCREENSHOTS

Credit to Kikwi-Kiwi for informing me of the new Zelda pictures on the European Nintendo site!​

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Good to see Zelda is returning, not that I doubted it. She will definitely be amongst the first characters I try out, as she was mine main character in Brawl. I love her facial expressions in the new game so far; she looks absolutely fearsome. I cannot wait to see how her magick looks this time around.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Thank goodness Sakurai went with her bad-*** Twilight Princess design.
I was afraid he'd use the awful Skyward Sword design.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I was just checking my facebook and on one of the Smash Bros. pages I like, I see this. Only 8 days after Rosalina, I guess Sakurai likes boxing day.:awesome:
Anyways, happy with her reveal, I'm guessing Sheik would be revealed separately like Brawl, so don't think the Phantom de-confirms the Sheikah Ninja.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I was just checking my facebook and on one of the Smash Bros. pages I like, I see this. Only 8 days after Rosalina, I guess Sakurai likes boxing day.:awesome:
Anyways, happy with her reveal, I'm guessing Sheik would be revealed separately like Brawl, so don't think the Phantom de-confirms the Sheikah Ninja.
Exactly. She is in no way deconfirmed yet. We don't even know what the Phantom is at all!

And yes, Sheik will most likely not be revealed for a while. Sakurai's gotta troll us some more and worry us.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Great idea, she looks so good in this game, better than ever. Love the HD and can't wait for more screenshots!

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Thank goodness Sakurai went with her bad-*** Twilight Princess design.
I was afraid he'd use the awful Skyward Sword design.

I actually really liked her Skyward Sword design, but it seems like the Twilight Princess designs have come to represent Link and Zelda's "traditional" looks. Maybe their Skyloft outfits will be alternate costumes?

The Sword of Demise

Smash Rookie
Yeah judging from the link and peach picture the phantom is an assist trophy im pretty sure there is nothing about her actually fighting as of yet

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

"Pic of the day. Zelda's strong side attack. It's a slash attack that utilizes her magic to make even a simple slash look sharp."

Nice graphical update for Zelda's Side-Tilt! Maybe we can get some more updates on her moveset! What do you want changed about Zelda in this new game?

Master_Morrison

Smash Cadet
All her specials
Need rework
And or need to be sped up
Because she is too slow
And powerful single hit smashes
Just because people di her smashes easily

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

"Pic of the day. The ropes surrounding the ring. You can actually use the stretchiness of the ropes to do a spring jump. However, you can't pull on them to launch yourself sideways in a lariat attack though."

Well, while this doesn't really tell us anything new Zelda-related, this is an interesting pic for Zelda. I previously thought this was the same pose as the pictures on the site, but I guess not. So, what does this really say for the phantom picture?

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Am I the only one who finds the 'colorful slash-effects' weird on a character like Zelda ?

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766

"Pic of the day. The ropes surrounding the ring. You can actually use the stretchiness of the ropes to do a spring jump. However, you can't pull on them to launch yourself sideways in a lariat attack though."

Well, while this doesn't really tell us anything new Zelda-related, this is an interesting pic for Zelda. I previously thought this was the same pose as the pictures on the site, but I guess not. So, what does this really say for the phantom picture?
same pose in 3 pictures, 2 with out phantom armor, 1 with.
conclusion: phantom armor is assist trophy.
if it were a summon attack, the phantom would appear every time the pose is made. it doesnt make sense for the phantom do disappear while the pose is still ....well posing.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
if it were a summon attack, the phantom would appear every time the pose is made. it doesnt make sense for the phantom do disappear while the pose is still ....well posing.
Sadly, those poses are not the same. This is the first time we have seen the waving taunt. Those poses on the site are new poses. It could be a new taunt, but I am not completely sure.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
The new picture is not the same pose. it's not even using the same hand.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
and its the same taunt that we have seen in all 3 pictures of her doing it.
It's actually not. The other two pictures on Zelda's page are a new pose, while this is the confirmation of her Down Taunt for the first time. The two pictures, as of right now until proved otherwise, are something new. They look completely different from the Brawl's animation.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Even though today is the day of King Dedede, we did get one picture of Zelda on his page! Of course, a lot of people expected King Dedede around princesses, so this was a given for some:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh look, more new Zelda screenshots. Apparently came from Nintendo's official facebook page again. Enjoy.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Either i like the wrong nintendo fb page, or nintendo deleted those photos. Cuz i dont see them

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know what stage this is in this picture?

Stage.jpg

I'm thinking it could be Wily's Castle from the look of Samus's reflection, but there are purple and yellow lines in the background, so it could be a new stage. What do you guys think?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Does anyone know what stage this is in this picture?

View attachment 6195
I'm thinking it could be Wily's Castle from the look of Samus's reflection, but there are purple and yellow lines in the background, so it could be a new stage. What do you guys think?
That's Samus?! I thought that was part of the galaxy stage lmao.

Um... it's either Wiley or a brand new stage we haven't seen yet. It's not impossible, as we saw Kirby in the Galaxy stage in September.

Top Bottom