• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda gameplay videos

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
you have a pretty good zelda. just shield more. IN the fight against sonic on
smashville i dont think u blocked any. though i know u probably havent fully settle in
the game b/c it just came out.

what wit that vid of dodging din's fire (dont let the opponent know its weakness lol!).
but u have to consider when zelda can let it go. like in melee we used dins fire as a setup;
I think we are taking it for granted that its a good projectile now.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
you have a pretty good zelda. just shield more. IN the fight against sonic on
smashville i dont think u blocked any. though i know u probably havent fully settle in
the game b/c it just came out.

what wit that vid of dodging din's fire (dont let the opponent know its weakness lol!).
but u have to consider when zelda can let it go. like in melee we used dins fire as a setup;
I think we are taking it for granted that its a good projectile now.
Yeah I made that Din's Fire dodging video to show people who didn't know that Din's Juggling isn't very effective. Its to easy to dodge for their to be something like that.

With that said I believe its more useful as baiting then an actual attack.

Hope you all enjoy my videos!

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I made that Din's Fire dodging video to show people who didn't know that Din's Juggling isn't very effective. Its to easy to dodge for their to be something like that.

i enjoyed them, they will hold me over till brawl.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman

Din's Fire Juggling is still very effective against many people. Characters can't air-dodge if they're doing something else. So take advantage of the way people recover.
It's effective against Bowser and DK, because their horizontal recoveries go on for a long time, and they have a hard time recovering without them (it's fairly easy to hit them while they're using their up-B's). It's very effective against Diddy's in places they need to charge up their Up-B. It's very effective against the Ice Climbers, who will not always air-dodge in unison (you can easily catch one of them). And if they're broken up, that's GG for them. If Jigglypuff is trying to rising-pound, you can catch her with it. Lucas and Ness you can catch before they hit themselves with PK Thunder. If Metaknight, Pit, or Charizard is gliding, pick 'em off. Ditto Peach's float. If Pikachu or Luigi are charging their side-B, perfect time. Samus's bomb-jumping leaves her very vulnerable. Ditto Wario's Bike-Jumping. It's a perfectly viable technique, just not all the time against everyone.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Din's Fire Juggling is still very effective against many people. Characters can't air-dodge if they're doing something else. So take advantage of the way people recover.
It's effective against Bowser and DK, because their horizontal recoveries go on for a long time, and they have a hard time recovering without them (it's fairly easy to hit them while they're using their up-B's). It's very effective against Diddy's in places they need to charge up their Up-B. It's very effective against the Ice Climbers, who will not always air-dodge in unison (you can easily catch one of them). And if they're broken up, that's GG for them. If Jigglypuff is trying to rising-pound, you can catch her with it. Lucas and Ness you can catch before they hit themselves with PK Thunder. If Metaknight, Pit, or Charizard is gliding, pick 'em off. Ditto Peach's float. If Pikachu or Luigi are charging their side-B, perfect time. Samus's bomb-jumping leaves her very vulnerable. Ditto Wario's Bike-Jumping. It's a perfectly viable technique, just not all the time against everyone.
I actually state that in my video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yxkSvBE2Vs&feature=PlayList&p=CEF8401A6109F32E&index=72 Actually if your going to use Din's Fire on someone who is off a cliff then your helping them back on but thats up to you to decide whether your helping them back on or dealing more damage to them because you already know they're going to make it back on the cliff.

Any character can dodge Din's Fire easy. Their isn't really any juggling to it. Its just used for other purposes then an actual attack most of the time.

Trust me I know when someone is recovering to use Din's Fire to gather up more damage but I also know that their a chance I could be helping them back on the cliff so you have to stop and think about that.

Either way I believe Din's Fire juggling doesn't exist since its so easy to dodge.

Iris

Smash Ace
Din's fire is extremely versatile though. It's not like other projectiles where they're reflectable, and since you choose the detonation time, you can easily pass up an airdodge or explode early and still get them caught in the hitbox. Characters can't airdodge for an indefinite amount of time, there's openings, and the large hitbox (at max range is it the largest projectile hitbox in the game?), moderate speed, and quick, controlled detonation make it more difficult to dodge than missles, arrows, boomerangs, and such while recovering. It's a decent approach, a great baiter, and a reliable juggler. I'd hope a player with enough skill to airdodge when they see the ball of fire won't be trumping a skilled Zelda who knows how long to hold the explosion in.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Din's fire is extremely versatile though. It's not like other projectiles where they're reflectable, and since you choose the detonation time, you can easily pass up an airdodge or explode early and still get them caught in the hitbox. Characters can't airdodge for an indefinite amount of time, there's openings, and the large hitbox (at max range is it the largest projectile hitbox in the game?), moderate speed, and quick, controlled detonation make it more difficult to dodge than missles, arrows, boomerangs, and such while recovering. It's a decent approach, a great baiter, and a reliable juggler. I'd hope a player with enough skill to airdodge when they see the ball of fire won't be trumping a skilled Zelda who knows how long to hold the explosion in.
Yeah. I've noticed most people air dodge when the ball of light is about to come into contact with them (because that's generally when the caster detonates it), but if you let them pass the ball and let the huge hitbox catch them from behind AFTER their dodge, it should pull them backwards. Or heck, you might be able to detonate it early and hit. Is it thoughtlessly spammable? No. But then, are any of Zelda's attacks thoughtlessly spamable? Mindgames are what makes Zelda Zelda.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I've noticed most people air dodge when the ball of light is about to come into contact with them (because that's generally when the caster detonates it), but if you let them pass the ball and let the huge hitbox catch them from behind AFTER their dodge, it should pull them backwards. Or heck, you might be able to detonate it early and hit. Is it thoughtlessly spammable? No. But then, are any of Zelda's attacks thoughtlessly spamable? Mindgames are what makes Zelda Zelda.
Actually, if you watch Zelda it doesn't matter when she detonates it. You can simply airdodge as soon as she waves her hand, and the entire explosion will miss you. Rather sad, really.

It's still useful against a number of recoveries. Also, if you blow it up right by the ledge, you can get people to dodge past it, which might kill them.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Effective use of Din's is dependent on frazzling the enemy so that they aren't paying attention to Zelda's hand.

Other than that, it is a harassment and nearly the best projectile in the game.

Iris

Smash Ace
Actually, if you watch Zelda it doesn't matter when she detonates it. You can simply airdodge as soon as she waves her hand, and the entire explosion will miss you. Rather sad, really.

It's still useful against a number of recoveries. Also, if you blow it up right by the ledge, you can get people to dodge past it, which might kill them.
Well, that calls for amazing reflexes. Detonation is about as instant as her animation, or so I thought.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Effective use of Din's is dependent on frazzling the enemy so that they aren't paying attention to Zelda's hand.
Yeah, but I suppose eventually somebody's going to figure out that they should watch the hand. But I don't suppose you can focus on three things at once super-effectively. Between the ball, Zelda's hands, and their own recovery, that's a lot of stuff demanding attention and focus. I suppose we'll just have to shake them up so much early on that they have trouble focusing while recovering.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I actually state that in my video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yxkSvBE2Vs&feature=PlayList&p=CEF8401A6109F32E&index=72 Actually if your going to use Din's Fire on someone who is off a cliff then your helping them back on but thats up to you to decide whether your helping them back on or dealing more damage to them because you already know they're going to make it back on the cliff.

Any character can dodge Din's Fire easy. Their isn't really any juggling to it. Its just used for other purposes then an actual attack most of the time.

Trust me I know when someone is recovering to use Din's Fire to gather up more damage but I also know that their a chance I could be helping them back on the cliff so you have to stop and think about that.

Either way I believe Din's Fire juggling doesn't exist since its so easy to dodge.
Din's Fire Juggling is real. You just have to be creative.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Din's Fire Juggling is real. You just have to be creative.
I don't think Din's Fire juggling is real. I'd have to disagree. I play Zelda as my main and I believe I know the hitbox of casting this special. They can and do dodge it almost every time.

Mindgames is what I find it useful for. I use Din's Fire then once they dodge it I go in for a smash or an attack. I don't count of Din's Fire to actually hit them but if it does more power to me. ;)

Its real but to those who are new to the game or don't play it much. Against players like you and me actually juggling someone with this attack isn't going to happen unless your helping them back to the cliff.

Trust me people I know its useful, I know the hitbox increases the further it goes but you have to realize that the further it goes the more time they have to think about dodging it.

I'm a Zelda player so I'm on your side. :) but I wanted to share this with you all so your not getting pwned in battle thinking someone is going to just let themselves get hit by your Din's Fire every time you cast it.

Even this man agrees
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/zelda.html#2nd

Iris

Smash Ace
Well, I for one embrace the idea, and seeing Darkmusician juggle effectively with it against clearly skilled players leads me to believe that it'll work with the proper timing. If anything, the slowish speed of Din's Fire assists in punishing air-dodgers without leaving their range after they dodge. The further the range, the more punishable air-dodging will be with the huge blast radius.

Zone

Smash Champion
As far as I understand. Juggling is not a combo my friend. It's the act of keeping your opponent in the air. Your opponent can have control of themselves, but if you can keep them in the air w/o ever touching the ground. The entire time from starting to finish of you keeping them in the air with moves. It was juggling.

For Example: In melee, Marth can keep peach off the ground pretty well. But nearly the entire time marth is doing this. Peach has complete control over her direction and mostly she can fall fast or pop open her umbrella and fall slow. However if marth is still consecutive on keeping her off the ground even though it's not a true combo. It's still juggling.

So IMO Fire Juggling exists. Even if you can't do it with 100% Din's fire. It's definantly a move to help you keep your opponent in the air, and off the ground. A Combination of up-air, din's fire, and perhaps other aerials or ground moves can assist in juggling. and what is upair and din's fire made out of? Fire.

Hence Fire Juggling.

Like Marth uses F-air and Up-air to keep peach off the ground and have more control. Upair counts as a juggle move and so does f-air, even though Peach can avoid it.

Juggling = keeping opponent off the ground.

You sounded so sure of yourself about how it's Not real, and doesn't exist. Well Be creative, and learn how to juggle your opponent. If he airdodges? fine, find a way to keep him in the air. Din's fire is far from useless making it sound like it's as bad as luigi's fireball. "It's easy to dodge." You got more tools in your arsenal than to just stand there like a drone and spam Din's fire onry. if it keeps failing, use other tools to keep them up. and juggled.

Using only 1 move of anything is easy to dodge, if you use it over and over. Stay unpredictable, and as long as you succeeded in keeping them in the air. and if din's fire was one of ur tools regardless if it was dodged. It was a juggle.

Not to mention if it still works like Melee.
Where you can't airdodge if your out of jumps and tumbling. Then Din's fire can still hit regardless of the opponents airdodge cuz it can't happen. So therefore the juggling can commence. Now if it sets them free out of tumbling animation after 1 din's fire? well as long as you get more chances to keep them in the air it was juggling.

Again we aren't just spamming Din's fire here. The opponent has to take account for your other options. Otherwise I could apply what you said about fox's shine in melee. "Oh his shine is easily avoidable just save your jump and f-air him when he trys to jump out and shine you, there really is no such thing as shining someone."

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
As far as I understand. Juggling is not a combo my friend. It's the act of keeping your opponent in the air. Your opponent can have control of themselves, but if you can keep them in the air w/o ever touching the ground. The entire time from starting to finish of you keeping them in the air with moves. It was juggling.

For Example: In melee, Marth can keep peach off the ground pretty well. But nearly the entire time marth is doing this. Peach has complete control over her direction and mostly she can fall fast or pop open her umbrella and fall slow. However if marth is still consecutive on keeping her off the ground even though it's not a true combo. It's still juggling.

So IMO Fire Juggling exists. Even if you can't do it with 100% Din's fire. It's definantly a move to help you keep your opponent in the air, and off the ground. A Combination of up-air, din's fire, and perhaps other aerials or ground moves can assist in juggling. and what is upair and din's fire made out of? Fire.

Hence Fire Juggling.

Like Marth uses F-air and Up-air to keep peach off the ground and have more control. Upair counts as a juggle move and so does f-air, even though Peach can avoid it.

Juggling = keeping opponent off the ground.

You sounded so sure of yourself about how it's Not real, and doesn't exist. Well Be creative, and learn how to juggle your opponent. If he airdodges? fine, find a way to keep him in the air. Din's fire is far from useless making it sound like it's as bad as luigi's fireball. "It's easy to dodge." You got more tools in your arsenal than to just stand there like a drone and spam Din's fire onry. if it keeps failing, use other tools to keep them up. and juggled.

Using only 1 move of anything is easy to dodge, if you use it over and over. Stay unpredictable, and as long as you succeeded in keeping them in the air. and if din's fire was one of ur tools regardless if it was dodged. It was a juggle.

Not to mention if it still works like Melee.
Where you can't airdodge if your out of jumps and tumbling. Then Din's fire can still hit regardless of the opponents airdodge cuz it can't happen. So therefore the juggling can commence. Now if it sets them free out of tumbling animation after 1 din's fire? well as long as you get more chances to keep them in the air it was juggling.

Again we aren't just spamming Din's fire here. The opponent has to take account for your other options. Otherwise I could apply what you said about fox's shine in melee. "Oh his shine is easily avoidable just save your jump and f-air him when he trys to jump out and shine you, there really is no such thing as shining someone."
I didn't think of juggling that way but as long as you all know that they can get out of it then my job is done so it does exist but know that its very much escapable.

They can air dodge out of fire juggling just like they can air dodge out of most moves done in the air. I'm pretty sure that someone like you and me wouldn't fall for fire juggling like that however it can be useful for when someone is out of jumps this I know but those chances are still kinda rare.

I for one like to use Din's Fire then lead them to an up smash attack works fairly well for me but its still escapable. I have looked at some of his videos and seen them allow themselves to be hit by fire juggling a number of times when it could of been air dodged easy.

I'm not saying I'm perfect and godly at this game you can tell that from my videos ;) but I just want to point out that you have to be careful how you use "Din's Fire juggling" because you could be helping your opponent on the cliff. (in one of his videos I actually seen him help someone back on the cliff with Din's Fire)

I'm learning when to use Din's fire when someone is off the cliff because I've noticed I've been helping them back on and we don't want to do that. x.x

Any who once again I'm not trying to be a butt hole don't take me that way at all. I'm on your side fellow Zelda players. :)

Iris

Smash Ace
You seem to be reiterating mostly though. Maybe you should give it more of a chance and perfect your timing. I seem to recall watching DarkMusician's videos and him exploding after airdodges or before they expect him to. It's not like Pit's Arrows where there's only a brief period of time where they're in range of the attack.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
You seem to be reiterating mostly though. Maybe you should give it more of a chance and perfect your timing. I seem to recall watching DarkMusician's videos and him exploding after airdodges or before they expect him to. It's not like Pit's Arrows where there's only a brief period of time where they're in range of the attack.
I did say I'm learning to use it at the right times. Lets not drag this on for no reason...

Top Bottom