• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I prefer Link to be an amalgamation Link, or at least a combination of the 3D non-toon Links. He's definitely brighter though. What if this is the look of Zelda Wii U Link? It's a longshot, but Sakurai has been able to look at future games before. Zelda has already been a combination character, considering she is TP Zelda but she can transform into Sheik. I hope Zelda is OOT Zelda in Smash 4 because the TP Zelda is too dark.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
❤I hope Tingle would be an assist trophy again, he was wonderfully funny and random! Midna would make an interesting assist trophy as well.

❤I would also love for the toon versions of the Link and Zelda to be playable, but with a moveset that is a bit more different than their counterparts to reduce the clone effect.

I prefer Link to be an amalgamation Link, or at least a combination of the 3D non-toon Links. He's definitely brighter though. What if this is the look of Zelda Wii U Link? It's a longshot, but Sakurai has been able to look at future games before. Zelda has already been a combination character, considering she is TP Zelda but she can transform into Sheik. I hope Zelda is OOT Zelda in Smash 4 because the TP Zelda is too dark.
Maybe a Twilight Princess Zelda with a more Skyward Sword look (more so in the face and costume department). Like an older Skyward Sword Zelda with a slight similarity in look to Twilight Princess Zelda.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
We won't get a fully Twilight Princess-inspired Zelda. :smirk:
I hope not. It's not really among my favorites. But if we get something similar to the Link treatment, I might like it. I mostly just want a better face, really.

I'm in a state of extreme uncertainty in regards to Ganondorf though, because I absolutely loathe his TP hair.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I love Brawl Zelda. She doesn't need a makeover, more an update, like Link got for Sm4sh. So I'm not worried about her.

Ganondorf was just awful in every aspect in Brawl (graphic, design, useability, etc) so he needs a big improvement. OoT Ganondorf as foundation, and then spice it up a bit.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay guys.

This Link is a composite of different Links.
He borrows the color scheme from SS.
He borrows the tunic design from TP.
He borrows the face from OoT.

This Link is not a specific Link. It's a composite of Links.

Hopefully Toon Link (if included) does something similar.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Swampasaur speaks tru fax.

Expect the same composite design mixes for Zelda and Ganondorf.

Then again, even IF this happens y'all would claim it's 100% definitely Twilight Princess Zelda / Ganondorf just to keep a lame excuse to keep Sheik in.

It's not like Impa couldn't get a graphical update from her Skyward Sword design or anything :rolleyes:

@ Chauzu: So your content with bottom tier Zelda in Brawl? She's only second worst of the game, only Ganondorf is slightly worse.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Okay guys.

This Link is a composite of different Links.
He borrows the color scheme from SS.
He borrows the tunic design, bow, bombs, hat, earrings, boots, sword and shield from TP.
He borrows the face from OoT.

This Link is not a specific Link. It's a composite of Links.
Fixed for truth.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
TP Link had no earrings iirc. Only Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword Link had it. Seeing as TP Link, as said before, is still the highest definition design of Link, of coarse he borrows from that design some.

Clothes don't make the man. :rolleyes:

Also, blue lines.

Also, Skyloft.

Also, colors.

Just as little proof there is is that this is definitely TP Link, there's just as little proof that this is definitely NOT SS Link.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Well, the design is definately taken from TP Link, but that doesn't mean it's supposed to BE TP Link. So hopefully that means we can expect anything from the other two. But it's pretty rare for me to get things I want, and this is a pretty big want.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Where is your Gale Boomerang and Wolf Link transformation though? :smirk:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Where is your Gale Boomerang and Wolf Link transformation though? :smirk:
Despite this being TP Link, I hope the Gale boomerang doesn't return. (-_-)

Well, I suppose it does help differentiate Link and Toon Link further, so that's a plus.

Brawl Link didn't use Wolf Link though, and there is no reason to expect Wolf Link appearing this time, as awesome that would be. Wolf LInk's chances died along with Zant and Midna's.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why would it die out? These are absolutely surely Twilight Princess designs right? Obviously the worst of the 3D Zelda games easily best Zelda game ever right? Why can't Wolf Link happen?

The Gale Boomerang is an abomination against humanity and should be forgotten as soon as possible.

Am still waiting for a Skyward Strike Side B. And I never wanted the Beetle, but by the Holy Torah, I'd take it to have you all shut up. Link is gonna be low tier again in this game anyway.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganondorf with the Sage's Sword used in Twilight Princess also didn't happen yet people are still massively suggesting it.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
@ Chauzu: So your content with bottom tier Zelda in Brawl? She's only second worst of the game, only Ganondorf is slightly worse.

Well, with Zelda I was more posting about her design. I like how she is in Brawl, except for a few things (too hard to sweet-spot and maybe make dair useable against non-airborne opponents). In Sweden it's hard to play competetively but it's not often I feel completely chanceless. I like my main to not be top tier, I want to feel like an underdog. :)

Edit: I also want to add that I don't agree her being the 2nd worst char in the game. I just don't see how that is possible. Link for one is worse in my eyes. He lacks killing moves imo, one thing that Zelda has quite a few of. I could continue but I'm not up-to-speed on every character so it would feel silly.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Link can kill quite well. He's definitely better than Zelda if only for his projectile game. Bombs and Neutral Air > Zelda's everything, as sad as it sounds...

FallKoopz: My point is, people are still asking for TP related stuff.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Skyloft being in the game has no bearing on whether or not this is SS Link, as the existence of that stage has no direct impact on his character design. We can tell whether or not this is SS Link just by looking at him.

Really hoping that they show us Zelda soon so we can put these debates to rest.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Inb4 Sheik ~ definitely ~ being confirmed even IF we have TP Zelda. :rolleyes:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Inb4 Sheik ~ definitely ~ being confirmed even IF we have TP Zelda. :rolleyes:
Personally, I think Sheik coming back is the likeliest option even if we have SS Zelda. TP or OoT Zelda would of course not confirm Sheik's inclusion, however.

Reaaallly hoping that it's TP or OoT Zelda. Not for Sheik, though. I simply find the designs much better.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I don't think everyone's asking for TP content. I wanted SO badly to get SS Link. But what we want and what we get aren't necessarily the same thing. People are just pointing out how things are.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SS Zelda was kind of cute though. I don't get the hate that she is no princess. The game finally took a different damn route as before. Princess Zelda was getting boring. Especially in TP. TP Zelda was beyond boring, and hardly even involved in the game. Only in the final battle she became somewhat important. Twilight Princess in general could've easily been called 'Legend of Midna: And There's Some Other Chick Who Is Important But Does Nothing Worthwhile'. So yeah, am not too fond of TP Zelda. SS Zelda is far more involved in the story, and I like her for not being a boring useless princess. OoT Zelda is also kinda cool I guess. But if we get OoT Zelda, NOT having Sheik wouldn't quite make sence...

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
SS Zelda's design makes her look like a cute kid, which I have nothing against (aside from that ridiculous nose). It works very well for the purposes of the game. That being said, I much prefer the elegant older princess of TP and OoT. Talking pure character design here, of course.

OoT Zelda is also kinda cool I guess. But if we get OoT Zelda, NOT having Sheik wouldn't quite make sence...
Well, getting Sheik with TP Zelda didn't make much sense, but that didn't stop them.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
OoT Zelda remains my favourite design, followed by TP Zelda. I wouldn't mind SS Zelda either.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It did make sort of sence, cause TP was basically Ocarina of Time 2.0, took place in like, a 100~200 years after Ocarina of Time, and had Sheik drafted for it, meaning it's highly likely Sheik was originally supposed to appear in Twilight Princess. I do not know if she was still planned when Sakurai decided on the Brawl roster or not, but he did specify that she didn't appear in Twilight Princess, and she was the last of the veterans to be confirmed.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I dunno about a multi-game fusion for Zelda. Unlike Link, who maybe has a strap or a bracer swapped around, her outfits and designs are different enough that she really could end up looking like a garbled mishmash. If they want a neutral Zelda, I'd rather that they just design a "Smash" Zelda from scratch than create some Frankenstein's monster of an outfit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think Zelda's the most in need of a multi-game fusion.

Exactly this. Facial features of SS's Zelda, coupled with a dress designed like TP and OoT Zelda with blonde hair and we good. Perhaps even take some inspiration from ALTTP's Zelda, as she was also a brunette, like TP Zelda, and wears white, like SS Zelda.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Exactly this. Facial features of SS's Zelda,
Over my dead body. :p I don't want to have to stare at that nose for the next six years.

coupled with a dress designed like TP and OoT Zelda with blonde hair and we good. Perhaps even take some inspiration from ALTTP's Zelda, as she was also a brunette, like TP Zelda, and wears white, like SS Zelda.
This could work, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom