• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Even though she's just the mortal incarnation of a goddess. :rolleyes:
If she was so damn powerful, what did she even need Link or Impa to defend her for? She could have just killed Ghirahim and be done with it. Unless she doesn't have a great deal of power, which is pretty much the case.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just make Link, Zelda, Ganondorf and possibly Impa or another recurring character as composite characters drawing characteristics from all of their incarnations and picking the attributes better suited for a fighter.

Take Brawl Zelda for example: she has TP design, Light Arrows from WW and TP, spells from Ocarina of Time and Sheik transformation from Ocarina of Time.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh great, were back to the same old "SS Zelda doesn't fight so she shouldn't be in smash" and "SS doesn't look realistic so it shouldn't be in smash" arguments again. ¬_¬

Probably exagerated a little but honestly, Let's just wait for E3 and see what they did.

Lets change the subject please. (Even though there probably isn't much else to talk about anymore until E3)

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Oh great, were back to the same old "SS Zelda doesn't fight so she shouldn't be in smash" and "SS doesn't look realistic so it shouldn't be in smash" arguments again. ¬_¬

Probably exagerated a little but honestly, Let's just wait for E3 and see what they do.

Let's change the subject please. (Even though there probably isn't much else to talk about anymore until E3)
Lol as was said before we do move in cycles back to the same thing it seems lol.

Anyway, even dynasty warriors managed to add more detail to SS links design (pay no mind to the face thats not links). So smash bros will probably look similar if not more detailed, i wouldnt worry about them fitting in at all.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's just that I find these arguments very weak imo. It's just as silly as the "Ridley is too big for smash" and "Wind Waker Link is too Cell-Shaded for smash" (From pre-Brawl) arguments, as if it's impossible for the developers to work around these things. Especially on characters like Zelda and Link.

And that picture (besides the face) looks really good. I have no doubt, I'm sure they will be able to make the SS cast fit into smash just fine.:)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Now that I think about it, it would be the perfect choice if Smash 4 doesn't follow Brawl's realistic art style.

And it's definitely the one I'd like to see for the 3DS veresion. Brighter colours so that one can properly see the characters on the small screen.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Because that's not Link, that's someone from Dynasty Warriors (I think) dressed up as him.
Looking at footage of him in action, that seems about right. DW "Link" doesn't fight like Link at all. He has a really wide stance and holds his sword up high with both hands while make huge swipes instead of quicker swings and stabs.

I think it's actually fairly likely that they'd take the character designs from SS but render them in a more realistic, Brawlian style to match most of the characters. It'd look pretty awesome actually, in my opinion. They've pretty much done that with the rest of the characters that weren't already stylized realistically.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He got dat SS design on him though.

Impa confirmed. Definitely.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's definitely true, given the circumstances in SS. I hadn't thought about that. Of I may be superficial for a sec though, I've gotta say that I thought Link's pants looked ridiculously stupid. Why were they so puffy? I just know its gonna bother me if I have to play as that in Smash.

I guess it just comes down what Sakurai feels. (What doesn't?)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toon Link had a 'Classic Link' alterative costume with brown pants and it looked good.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guess what we have here, LTTP 2 Link looks so adorable xD, LTTP > Toon Link....
Blasphemy.

I hope they still keep the Toon Style.

The Toon style has become iconic in a way.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If they opt for A Link to the Past Link as the next Young/Toon Link. I hope they make him look more like his official art.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I personally want to see him stay as Toon Link and use more of his non-classic items to differentiate him from Adult Link. Replace the bow with the slingshot, replace the boomerang with a Deku Leaf, replace the bombs with the Mole Mitts or something, replace the spin attack with the Grappling Hook.

There are tons of options to make Toon Link unique from Adult Link.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I feel Toon Link is more unique to. Don't really think Link to the Past content is too likely to happen now.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Honestly, I wouldn't mind replacing Toon Link for Classic Link as the new "child Link". Maybe each Smash game could get a new "child Link". Melee had Young Link (OOT). Brawl had Toon Link (TWW). Maybe SSB4 gets Classic Link (ALTTP). :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I believe Adult Link is 17 years old in Ocarina of Time... not sure about Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword...

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I wouldn't mind replacing Toon Link for Classic Link as the new "child Link". Maybe each Smash game could get a new "child Link". Melee had Young Link (OOT). Brawl had Toon Link (TWW). Maybe SSB4 gets Classic Link (ALTTP). :awesome:
I think the big difference is that Toon Link is still relevant, where "Young Link" (in his Melee form) was not.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Classic link so not cute.

*nosebleeds*

I'm okay with it, nevermind.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Classic Link from the new Zelda game actually looks like a recoloured Toon Link. They have nearly the same body proportions.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think the big difference is that Toon Link is still relevant, where "Young Link" (in his Melee form) was not.
Well, yes, no one is denying Toon Link's relevance but I am saying that Toon Link might have competition from Classic Link, the original "child Link".

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
If we get Classic Link then the pink hair alt is a must. Toon Link got the classic link alt as a costume in brawl so who's to say ALTTP Link couldn't get the pink hair?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
To be honest, ALTTP Link (original one) is the worst looking Link I've ever seen. :laugh: Honestly, I was kinda upset they still used that horrific design in the GBA remake. It's funny, cause they made up a totally awesome legit Link for the GBA Four Swords game that was coupled with LTTP, yet didn't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom