• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda combo help

sunflash

Smash Cadet
Im normally a sheik player, but can anyone help me with zelda combos? i dont want to be the type of person that always transforms to sheik ya kno? i wanna be an all around player. al i basicly know is to n-air f-smash when you land then u-air and try to f-air.Any tips?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hello Sunflash. :]

I don't want to get all complicated and stuff.

Fast fallers you can use up smash/up throw and close range dash attacks to juggle them. Then end it with a forward air or back air.

For mid fallers they are a little bit harder. At low percents up throw to kick usually works. The chars like Marth, Sheik etc you're usually better off playing keep away then trying to combo them.

Floaties are also hard to hit over and over. But once you get used to it you can string maybe two or three kicks together. This is pretty on the fly though. I wouldn't try to do it all the time.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=darkmusician

My youtube account is dedicated to Zelda. At the top is my combo vid and i made some other misc. Montages. And there's a lot of matches to see against a wide range of characters. Hopefully you'll get some ideas there.

I hope you find all this useful. And I'm sure you'll get more detailed tips from other Zelda users. v^_^

Buh

Smash Apprentice
Zelda can't combo very well. Her combos are at most 4 moves strung together, and she generally just kills at moderately low percents with fair and bair, and brings and opponent to moderately low percents with fair and bair.

Basically, use fair and bair a lot. Some combos work, though, like up-throw fair against Fox at low percents, and down-throw fair against Fox at mid-high percents. So keep an eye out for them, and opportunities in which they arise.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Zelda doesn't need combos. Just kick them.

Sometimes you can get a free kick out of a throw, or out of another kick. But the only truly legitimate combo Zelda can do on anyone is the chaingrab on fast fallers, which is harder if they know how to DI the right way. Don't focus on trying to combo, focus on kicking. Or press down-b and go back to Sheik if you need combos.

Zone

Smash Champion
Just need to know what can lead to a kick.

Sometimes,
Kick
Up+Smash
Forward-Tilt
Up-Throw
Down-Throw (Tech chase near edge, or bad opponent DI)
Dash Attack
Up+Tilt
DownTilt(Enemy at really high percents like 100+%)
N-air(Sends them at weird angles and positions)
And Even out of Up+B, if you hit Fox Falco or Captain Falcon with it while Stalling.

All of those above depend if they are a fast faller, floaty, Crouch cancelling, Not Crounch Cancelling, Directional influence, and Damage they have.

Most of the upward sending moves, may only work truly well against fast fallers. Although some upward sending moves work on floatys at low %'s.

Some less likely moves to link to kick are:
Up+air
Forward-B
Downair

EDIT: by less likely I mean nearly never >.>

sunflash

Smash Cadet
wow, thanks everyone for the help. and yea zone it is impossible to link those unless ur fighting a lvl 1 comp. and itll still be hard. =p

Zone

Smash Champion
wow, thanks everyone for the help. and yea zone it is impossible to link those unless ur fighting a lvl 1 comp. and itll still be hard. =p
Impossible to link which ones? the only one I know for sure the opponent has 100% control if they can get out or not 100% of the time. IS the Down-throw. All the other ones, can be combo'd into kick. All of those can work on humans, It's up to you to watch for mistakes and punish bad DI. Well unless you also count Smash+DI'ing out of ur up+Smash as 100% control. That is one focused individual. But i'm talking about after the move finishes on the enemy the way it was designed to.

all you need to know are the %'s PRactice with a friend. and have them try out different DI's at different %'s with moves combo'ing into kick.

Nobody can play like Action replay and 100% always do the best thing in their respective situation.

IF you're only talking about the last 3. They can be done to humans. They just have to not be crounch cancelling ur Down-air on the ground or blocking. They are just most of the time, not a smart idea to do and unsafe. Although Unpredictability is a tool.

S2

Smash Lord
Well the Up-throw/up-smash to Foward - tilt to F/B-air is your basic combo.

But really, it depends on who your using it on and at what percents.

You also have to keep in mind that your opponent can DI just enough that it changes the spacing you need to sweetspot the F/B-air.

What's particularly nice about this, is that if a platform is above you, you can often force their DI in a direction that leads to the F-tilt. If they don't and land on the platform, you can basically get a free kick in if you watch which way to tech as they hit it. Of course, that in itself takes some practice, since getting the sweet-spotting spacing can be difficult while your trying to predict their tech.

Zelda isn't much of a combo character. All her combos are small.

Basically if you play her enough you'll get a good eye for when you hit someone up just enough with one move, that you can F/B-air them before they can jump away.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
yeah, her kicks in the air is all you need to do. i hope they are as good in brawl, because they are devastative.

Top Bottom