• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZAP CANNON: A Visual Guide to Lucas

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
*Updates*
4/10- re-uploaded Chapters 1+2. The text during the examples should be easier to read now. also changed the first song.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

ToxiCrow Presents​
ZAP CANNON: A Visual Guide to Lucas

Do you want to learn the basic's of Lucas, but are more of a visual learner? Then you're at the right place!
This isn't meant to replace the guide we already have (which is a very good one by the way; take a look when you get the chance) but to go hand in hand with it. I was going to make it one huge video, but some stuff went wrong with my PC; so now i'm going to release 2 chapters at a time.

Special thanks
Tyr for the amazing guide- which is one of the major sources to this video
Yoshi-Kirby for the Chaingrab footage

Video 1 : Chapters 1+2

Chapter 1: Spiking
1.1- Bair Spike
1.2- Dair Spike
Chapter 2: Grabs and Throws
2.1 Pivot Grabs
2.2 Throw / Pummel Damage
2.3 Chain Grab / Grab Release Attacks

Chapters 3 and 4 will be released within the next 2 weeks.

Chapter 3- Aproaching and Spacing
Chapter 4- Recovery

If you'd like to help, send a PM! It'll be appreciated and i will give you credit:)

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
First.

And now I will actually watch it so I can properly comment do something completely different.

I feel like I've been had. <_<

c3gill

Smash Ace
text is a little small in some parts. its nice though, looking forward to the rest of it!

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Good Stuff.
Was hoping you had some extra grab release stuff. Like that psuedo crap on Ness/Mk haha.
looking forward to the rest of it.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Constructive Criticism:

Yellow font is hard to read sometimes in the examples. The best thing to do is usually outline white font with black borders and make the letters thick.

Otherwise, great job.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, I think everyone agrees on the text. Maybe you should've started with the basics of Lucas, instead of starting out at spiking.

I enjoyed it, keep up the quality work, man.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
My main gripe is the fact that I had to mute it because I hated the music. Something ambient or less genre-specific would've been nice for everyone.

The video did what it was supposed to do, however. Good for it, and good for you. Looking forward to the next one.

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
Very nice vid. This should be helpful with new Lucas users. Looking forward to more.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
1) thanks for watching and for the feedback
2) sorry about the text. it looked better on my PC but i guess it doesnt look too good on youtube. i'll work on that. if it gets to the point where it's painful to read, then i'll re-upload it with bigger text and better colors
3) the reason i started off with spiking is because if i see one more new thread asking how to bair spike then i'm going to run my car off a bridge
4) lol Reflex- the next video will hav something everyone can enjoy.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
nice job toxi :)
are you going to upload 1 video with all chapters at the end? I ask it just to add it to my favorites
in the description of the video, it doesn't say what's in chapter 2

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Maybe you should add video game music. Maybe something from Mother. :)

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
video game music is a possibility, but dont get your hopes up for Mother music.
APC- thanks and i'll fix that the description right now. and no, i wont make it all into one video for several reasons. 1) Youtube wont allow videos longer than 10 minutes (2) i can release it faster this way (3) i can work from the advice you guys give me

if anyone has an AiB account and wants to post this there, it'll be greatly appreciated

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Levitas: I won't mind, lol. I was being slightly douchey for sure.

Now that I've had a chance to watch it, I have to say I like it. Text was a bit small and hard-to-read at places but other than that I have no complaints. Good job.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
OK so here's what i'll do:
I changed the colors during the example clips. They are now white with a bold black outline.
I also changed 1 of the songs. if you dont like the music, then mute the volume. i hav to get ready for work, so i'll upload the revised video some time tonight. please comment and rate it if you hav a youtube account (and i know most of you do :))

edit: that wasnt to be taken seriosly =]

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Wow, this helped me immensely with my b-spikes and grabs. Nice job. Keep up the good work!

lil cj

Smash Lord
Yea its been a while
since this had an update
Maybe Toxi is busy

Cool two new Lucas players
Welcome to the Lucas boards:)

iTidus

Smash Cadet
lol **** straight >:l and thnx for the welcome :'D oh joy ^_^. **** still no videos >_____< and my wii isn't here yet grrr >:L. do you guys vrs each other on wifi or somethign here? it seems everybody knows everyone lol.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
darn, I was really looking forward to seeing a video on the spiking... I need alot of work on them

Top Bottom