• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

zaf's marth finally on da interwebz

∫unk

Smash Master
finally on the internet? who are you again?

anyways things I noticed:
unnecessary shielding, grab attacking at low percentages (wasn't attempted at higher percentages when it is actually useful, at low percentages you should just throw them), overall spacing was pretty bad, opponent was really bad (did obvious approaches), you had only 1 approach (sh f-air) which would have been punished by someone good.

lots to work on but a good start.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
....Yeah who are you?

Title is very misleading. Anyway no DS out of shielding, too repetitive, too much f-smash meaning EL's eyes would have bled dry, and we never want that to happen. *Sigh* Wi-fi ruins everything.

If you are going to post a vid make it an IRL one. Marth dittos on wifi is just like you said a match full of johns.

zaf

Smash Lord
....Yeah who are you?

Title is very misleading. Anyway no DS out of shielding, too repetitive, too much f-smash meaning EL's eyes would have bled dry, and we never want that to happen. *Sigh* Wi-fi ruins everything.

If you are going to post a vid make it an IRL one. Marth dittos on wifi is just like you said a match full of johns.
wifi does not ruin everything,
the best online snake ( ally), just won an IRL tourney. Beating toronto's best, and other really good montreal players.

i dont see how the title is misleading, im zaf and i finally have marth videos up. hes not my main, i just wanted feedback on how i play him so i can 2nd him

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Snake isnt screwed nearly as bad as Marth on wifi. <-- Fact

Marth dittos in Brawl are already lulzers, and adding random lag to that doesnt help much.

Its just so hard to critigue a Marth with a wifi replay, so I have no right to say anything.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
No its just that your title seemed to imply that you have been building up this moment where you show us your Marth, but you actually weren't. But its cool.

And yes wifi does ruin everything. No matter what there is never a truly "lag less" wifi match, and you should realize by now that critiquing a wifi match is next to useless b/c it does not show your true flaws as many can be a result from lag.

And what does the best online snake winning an IRL tourney have to do with the fact that wifi sux? Think carefully and you realize it doesn't.

zaf

Smash Lord
Snake isnt screwed nearly as bad as Marth on wifi. <-- Fact

Marth dittos in Brawl are already lulzers, and adding random lag to that doesnt help much.

Its just so hard to critigue a Marth with a wifi replay, so I have no right to say anything.
lol

No its just that your title seemed to imply that you have been building up this moment where you show us your Marth, but you actually weren't. But its cool.

And yes wifi does ruin everything. No matter what there is never a truly "lag less" wifi match, and you should realize by now that critiquing a wifi match is next to useless b/c it does not show your true flaws as many can be a result from lag.

And what does the best online snake winning an IRL tourney have to do with the fact that wifi sux? Think carefully and you realize it doesn't.
the fact that maybe the best online snake always played online and practised there. Even with lag he was able to get great. He then went offline and still managed to **** everyone who has been playing offline since the game released. Everyone doubted him, as do you right now and wifi, i wouldn't. the connection is that even if it sucks, you can gain skill from it.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
That depends on the person, but in most cases wifi limits the true potential of what a player can really do as a result we avoid having to differentiate who plays well online and who doesn't by just having it in IRL.

Also we're critiquing you, so we don't care if you gained anything from that wifi match or not just that if you made a mistake such as poor spacing, we wouldn't be able to tell if you normally would make that mistake or if it is something that resulted from even the smallest bit of lag. And yes I'm being extremely technical but if you want the best critique than you should not factor out even the smallest factors, such as minimal lag.

Edit: Basically just post an IRL video since its more reliable, and I won't deny however it is that won the IRL thing or any others that have been successful along with online play, but IRL vids just avoid a lot of pointless talking.

∫unk

Smash Master
lol who cares about best online snake doing well irl tourney. no one cares how someone gets good.

don't play the "hai im underdog and i proved everyone wrong!1!" card please

and i already told you you have a lot to work on and listed a bunch of things which will take at least a few weeks to implement into your game you want someone to do a second by second analysis? might have to make a special request to steel (aka paypal order)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'm now charging $16.99 per analysis, please PM me if you wish and we can set up a paypal order.

Top Bottom