• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yup, another help me thread

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
OK, so i know it is only one video but so far it is the only singles video that i've had recorded with me playing lucario, but I'm hoping you guys can help me out with it. I have a few more team battles but most people don't care to see those.

You can see me getting destroyed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dpgPZpXlEo

From what I see, i'm too smash happy and roll too much. Other suggestions and replacement tactics are greatly appreciated.

Note/Fun Fact: The idiot who posted the video somehow got a 'z' out of the 's' so he thinks my name is Voz instead of Vos, which is my last name and just happens to directly translate fox in Dutch.

I switched to G&W for the second match and did better but still lost

If anyone wants to play some online friendlies just add me to help me out just PM or add me to IM. Thanks

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
:
USE YOUR AERIALS. APPLY MINDGAMES. PLAY A LITTLE MORE DEFENSIVELY(?). BURN THEM WITH FLAMES. DONT SMASH THEM SO MUCH. BURN THEM WITH FLAMES. TRY TO PUNISH THY ATTACKS. BURN THEM WITH FLAMES. MINDGAME A FIREBALL AND USE DOUBLE TEAM. BURN THEM WITH FLAMES!!!!

Oh and one more thing.

:
Don't. Neglect. AURA SPHERE.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like you were spacing out and not paying much attention to what your opponent was doing. He definitely shouldn't be hitting you from directly below so much.

Rolling into attacks is bad, but I'm sure you know that. I know it's a hard habit to break.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Yea, Lucario has a amazing roll. And once you get into habit of rolling all the time, its a tough one to break.
Just when playing, try this, each time you roll your risking the match. Some risks are ok, but others are not.

and, D'avit Xavant!! Why are you spreading that man version of Zamus around the boards?!?!
-t2

dr00

Smash Apprentice
you started out really well, i was surprised to see you lose.

this may be hard to explain, but it seems like you play like you're against a practise dummy that's going to stay in the same spot. you don't see to predict that he's going to move. like you're focusing more on what you're doing and not really on what your opponent is doing.

also in the air it seemed you did nothing if he was also in the air. no air dodging, no aerials of your own. like you just rushed and hoped to get back onto the ground. it left you really open.
your aerial combos against him were good, but i noticed you only used them when he was on the ground.

and i agree you seemed too smash happy, especially at close range when a tilt would be faster and more beneficial or even dsmash instead of fsmash

and use aura sphere more. the little baby ones too. it can really help with spacing your opponent.

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
:
Good stuff? You want some good stuff? Well guess what.

:

HERES THE GOOD STUFF.
*starts shooting everyone with paralyzers*

Binx

Smash Master
Okay, first of all you are very predictable, you need to get in your opponents head. Don't start every match with a tiny auraball, they know you are going to, I knew you were going to, and all it does is sacrifice position.

Stop using the dash attack, period, every time you would dash attack go ahead and grab instead, grab is better all around. When you did land grabs you always did a down throw, in my experience you can't effectively follow a downthrow, better a forward, up or backthrow, I like to keep people off the edge when I can, so near edges try throwing people off it and see how that jives for you. Also very few air mix ups, all I saw in the air from you was poorly spaced down aerials which should almost always have been forward aerials instead. Also you need to use neutral air more, its his best aerial kill move IMO, it has good range and can end your combos well most of the time.

You already identified your excessive rolling as a weakness so I shouldn't have to tell you how to stop doing it. You most certainly need to learn when to airdodge or DI away and fair someone who is chasing you, just watch your opponent. I dont mean study how they play I mean actually use your eye balls and look at them when you are playing (not trying to be mean)

GOOD LUCK ^_^

Milln

Smash Champion
Needs moar speed and accuracy. Analyze each second and decide what to do then.

Top Bottom