• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Yoshi...Vs. Peach

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
scince her aerials make it a tough grab by ICs and Fox is...well not good at this one, ive decided to have my yoshi be the counter against her(it seems to be a more comftroable match*plus i need to use yoshi more in tourneys)

so, enlighten me on this matchup

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I think it's one of Yoshi's hardest matchups. x_x;

I can't remember how the others feel about it, though. I just remember that she was pretty difficult in Melee and all the things she had to make it tough then...she still has them now, even though she's not as good as she used to be overall.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I appreciate it, Amir. ^__^

I mean, I'm going to toot my own horn here and say I'm quite versed in the matchup. While I haven't faced many Peaches totally, I've beaten all the ones I've come across wherever I've gone in both games in singles tournament play. I just don't think it's a very good matchup.

Like I said, though, the others may think differently.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
It's actually pretty even. Peach has to approach because we out-spam her, but once she gets in it can be anyone's game. She has generally better aerials, but Yoshi's ground game counters that. It's the same for us when she's on the ground and we're in the air, too. Ground game for both is quick-paced and can go either way. We can kill her more easily than she can kill us, but her attacks are quicker and she has some true combos. She's easily spiked during recovery, but her recovery is almost as versatile as ours. Also, she can't gimp us, but she can tack on damage with turnips and such.

I'd say it's 50-50. It just seems that neither character can gain a major position over the other in this match-up.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
in short, its who can put on the most aerial pressure. i tend to spam bair in this match, i know a peach main whose kinda a turnip spammer and in close range its SH dairs. what stage do you suggest i use to CP(i use luigis mansion for the high celing.)

Chaco

Never Logs In
in short, its who can put on the most aerial pressure. i tend to spam bair in this match, i know a peach main whose kinda a turnip spammer and in close range its SH dairs. what stage do you suggest i use to CP(i use luigis mansion for the high celing.)
Lol my favorite CP is Norfair. And with Peach I feel you can put alot of pressure on her here, with spamming eggs at a distance. And coming up through platforms with Uairs.

JOE!

Smash Hero
which ever player takes command of the air first wins this match, otherwse the chars are even

and oh dear at Chaco's sig...

D

Deleted member

Id say 40-60, peaches favor. Ive played Edrees and bone, two of the best peaches in the US, and it seems like peach has an answer for everything we do, and can rack up damage much quicker than us. she deals with our bair easily, shes very difficult to camp, and her dair is too good. We have survivability on her, but a good peach lasts a long time because of her aerial spacing game. camp a lot, lol

Sharky

Smash Master
it's...er...interesting...chaco =P

I'd say it's about even, maybe a bit in Yoshi's advantage, if you play it right. It's really easy to lose control if you let her break your defenses, however.

Chaco

Never Logs In
it's...er...interesting...chaco =P

I'd say it's about even, maybe a bit in Yoshi's advantage, if you play it right. It's really easy to lose control if you let her break your defenses, however.
lol it's a joke to see what kind of comments we get. So far different ones. Girls apparently like it. loool

And agreed with the above.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'd say it's a pretty even matchup, for reasons mentioned above.

I also secondary Peach, so yeah...

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I'd say 40-60 Peach's favor.

Peach does really well in the air. Yoshi has eggs to help, though glide tossing Peach is annoying at the least. Fair is dangerous, approaching from above is not a good idea with usmash and utilt, and Peach's air combos can get Yoshi a lot of damage at times.

StarYoshi14

Smash Rookie
I'd say 50-50, The only way she can really approach is by floating, and she can't air dodge, so Egg away at her. One think you want to avoid when she is in the air is her down air and her forward air of doom.
But Peach can be spiked or gimped with Down Air.
Also, her turnips travel pretty slow, so it wouldn't be to hard to throw them back at her. I'd say 50:50

Top Bottom