• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your wishlist for late Nintendo Switch era?

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Since Nintendo have officially acknowledge that they're planning next console, I'm curious, do you guys have specific expectation for the current Nintendo Switch era?

Assume that before the closure of Nintendo Switch, the final waves of new games will majorly affect Smash 6 roster picks. What games and characters would be on your wishlist?

Examples:
*I wish a Excitebike reboot to esnure its Smash 6 entry.
*I wish a F-Zero sequel to ensure a new rep in Smash 6.
*I know Zelda had new games on NS, but I wish a new Zelda title where Midna is a key character again, to ensure her invite for Smash 6.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I'd love to see a Pilotwings game take advantage of the Switch's control scheme and visuals. The last game in the series was Resort back on the 3DS, and I feel like the Joy-Cons could lend to some pretty fun controls - not to mention the potential of building on the Resort theming and location of Wuhu Island.

That aside? Probably a sequel/remake of Joy Mech Fight, a brand new Game & Watch Gallery, and then some kind of new F-Zero project that doesn't have the looming specter of death (end of service) hanging over it.

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
I think we're already pretty likely to see an F-Zero rep actually, given the success of F-Zero 99! But if I had to pick a new game...I'd like to have a new Donkey Kong Country game, in a linear 3D format most similar in design to Crash Bandicoot or SRB2, with a new K. Rool alter ego as its main villain (I'm thinking Zombie K. Drool, or something to that effect). After that, I'd like to see Chunky, Cranky, Swanky, Manky, DK JR...really I'm cool with anyone as long as it's not Dixie. I have nothing against her but I just feel like it'd be boring.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I just want a remake of Metroid Prime 2 & 3, I have the second on Game Cube but no possibility to play the third, and that irritates me.

Otherwise... not very original, but a remake of the first two Golden Sun and, yeah, a brand new F-Zero I guess.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Golden Sun
Fire Emblem 4, Fire Emblem 9 and Fire Emblem 10
Anything Donkey Kong Country
Zelda Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
With Nintendo seemingly interested in porting Wii games to Switch, it might not be out of the question to port New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Quillion

Smash Hero
GameCube games for NSO, but it's kinda a pipe dream considering they're both too hard to emulate (unlike NES-N64 games) and can't easily be ported to standard modern hardware (unlike most games on any console nowadays).

The only real hope for them is ground-up remakes/re-implementations.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
All I really want is an FE4 remake for Fire Emblem's 35th anniversary.
By record, remake alone doesn't make significant change in either character's significance or chance for Smash. E.g. FE Echoes on 3DS.

I mean this is wishlist so you can pretty much wish for a brand new sequel to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom