• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your weakness when your Link.

Kingjackal89

Smash Rookie
There are probably many threads on good and bad match ups with Link, but i wanted to hear you the peoples opinions on "Who is your weakness when your Link" I know there are pros out there with Link who are probably good against everyone, but there has to be some character that gives you a hard time. My Anti-Link character is Mario. For some unnatural reason i cannot fight a Mario v.v

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Falco. His spamming lazers and reflector annoy the heck out of me. It forces me out of my game. I have to play differently. I pretty much try to fake out the player and land some hits with lots of patience. I fought some even battles with Toon Link also. I remember quite a few times when I got spiked by his dair while trying to recovery from the bottom, or tether recover with the clawshot.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
My weakness is small people like jiggypuff, kirby, and pikachu because i cant do Zair combos.
I also do not like characters with good projectiles. Crouching doesnt always solve the problem. And lastly, shield stabbers. I dont like them because 1/3 of my life is me shielding.

Kingjackal89

Smash Rookie
My weakness is small people like jiggypuff, kirby, and pikachu because i cant do Zair combos.
I also do not like characters with good projectiles. Crouching doesnt always solve the problem. And lastly, shield stabbers. I dont like them because 1/3 of my life is me shielding.
Falco. His spamming lazers and reflector annoy the heck out of me. It forces me out of my game. I have to play differently. I pretty much try to fake out the player and land some hits with lots of patience. I fought some even battles with Toon Link also. I remember quite a few times when I got spiked by his dair while trying to recovery from the bottom, or tether recover with the clawshot.
I don't necessarily have a problem with small fighters ( im pretty good at aiming with the bow), but i know what you guys mean with the projectiles especially fighting starfox characters(except fox) I also have a problem with laser spamming wolfs since his projectiles cause temporary paralysis.

Silencer~

Smash Cadet
I used to have a lot of problems with the star fox crew, but what you have to do is get the sidestepping down to perfection. That way you dodge the laser, dont get knocked back a little, and can continue forward.

Izaw

Smash Ace
A really good falco... <.<

lasers lasers lasers F-smash/chain grab to 40% then dair kill.. lame ..

Forlin

Smash Cadet
My B-Button.

It sticks.

But really a good Olimar who knows his way around my Zairs, I guess. He's small, has quick heavy projectiles and an easy spike.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Weakness? Recovery... There's nothing like having rack up much more damage on your opponent and still end up losing because you're so easily gimped. Sigh...

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
My avatar? But I like it. I lika it a lot. Great minds think alike, right? Or at least copy one another...

Anyways, on topic. Link is a solid character, but it's just unfortunate one serious weakness could negate his strengths.

But yeah, I main TL now. I hate being gimped...

Swordplay

Smash Lord
areal game.

I have nearly perfected my ground game in my opinion. I am excellent at grab DAC combos and spam and most people find it hard to approach me.

Unfortunately I am too predictable in the air and need to improve my zair setups. I also have trouble getting around awesome spams like falco's

I do use Links shield but because it knocks you back I have found it is not as useful as I first gave it credit for.

my recovery isn't actually that bad because i put alot of time into it and not even some spacies have trouble with me. unfortunatly MK still owns my recovery

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
My weakness is...
...GETTING BACK ON THE STAGE WITH LINKS AMAZING RECOVERY. I ALWAYS OVER SHOOT THE STAGE, BECAUSE HE RECOVERS TOO FAR AND TOO FAST FOR THE AUTO-GRAB TO WORK.
I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE.

-Nox`

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
I hate the sparkles more than Ness' DAIR. Like, the DAIR is really bad at first, but you eventually get used to avoiding it, I dunno, after playing against Ness a good 100 times or so, I rarely get hit by it, it happens maybe 1/10 games. The sparkles are way more of a pain. I always just mass dodge versus Ness, he really doesn't have a good move other than the yoyo or jab to hit you while you are dodging, and the yoyo is kinda trashy. Like, his throw, through good, you can still dodge and jab jab jab him. Also if you have problems versus Ness, you can aim for his energy ball with a projectile or if you are low enough damage, get hit by his 3rd jump on purpose, so he falls to his death. I dunno, my brother plays Wolf, Lucas, and Ness pretty well, so all of this may be common knowledge, but feel free to ask if you have any questions. We also have a few other professional players around town that play Ness in brawl. Like my least fav. combo versus Ness is the 0 percent damage down throw to fair combo, where he does 2 fairs in a row, and you end up taking 30% damage. It works really well versus Link and the other big characters.

I hate Kirby, that little *******, like he is just really hard to hit, and if you mess up, he can really punish. Not to mention he can puff/footstool. :( On the bright side he is really light and if he is careless you can own him with your DAIR.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Kirby seems like a universal Anti-Link =/
I hate facing Olimar, Diddy, GaW, Pikachu, Pit, Ivysaur, and TL
I dunno about you guys but I enjoy facing Falcos for some reason.. lol

Deva

Smash Lord
I don't know about Kirby, prolly one of the few weak sauce characters Link can beat. I beat T!mmy's Kirby in crews before, so idk, at least for me, Kirby's one of the few characters that don't seem to have a huge advantage on Link.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
I hate that kirby is so hard to gimp, but at least he is light, I am sure there is someone worse, considering I win a good bit versus Kirby, he can't be the worst match up for Link...

Onitsoga

Smash Rookie
anyone notice that it seems like links is the only character that takes alot of...idk what to call it but... hes just alot harder to use than other characters

but thats y i like him

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Link definitely takes some research just to be decent.

As far as Lucas goes, try not to dodge him, a lot of his moves have that duration on them, that hits you after you dodge, also never get hit by his upsmash it is keke. His recovery is much larger to gimp than Ness' but if it does hit you, it isn't that big of a deal. I block a lot versus Lucas, since his shield grabbing isn't that bad, Lucas is kinda light so KOing him isn't so bad. Don't get hit by that bat, but you can dodge the bat at least, or block. His PSI thunder, is really annoying, get used to AIR Dodging it multiple times, careful about getting hit by the tail of it though. The PSI thunder can KO you, Ness' is a lot easier to deal with. If he tries chasing you off the Edge, just nail him with a Fair, it should have priority over his Fair, if he hits you with his Fair that is trouble, also you could just hit him with your rang, I would not use a bomb, b/c you might fast fall, you gotta be real careful when pulling those out. Do not try using your Zair versus him and Ness, unless you are really good with it, they are hard to hit.

Small characters are a pain, anything that is hard to ZAIR is a harder match in general.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
i'm beginning to hate toon link with a passion...

zelda is surprisingly good =/

surferguy

Smash Rookie
im jus gonna start off n say im new at dis. . . not brawl but d whole smashboards thing so idk if i no alot or if i no lil i def dont have d lingo down cuz idk wat d hell n fair or nething like dat is but i guess its jus a different way of sayin moves so forgive me if i dont use dose terms

Weakness? Recovery... There's nothing like having rack up much more damage on your opponent and still end up losing because you're so easily gimped. Sigh...
i main link 2 he was d 1st character i ever used n id like 2 think i no him fairly well n dat being said i def no dat its a pain 2 get bac wit him but i did however find something i use alot dat i think helps improve his "recovery" quite a bit. wen im gettin a bit high on damage ill tend 2 keep a bomb on me but im not really planing on throwin it n dats b/c wen i get whacked off d stage ill do d usual jump den jump again den up B n if dats not enough dats wen d bomb im holdin comes into play cuz if i time it right itll go off right about wen ive used my up B n ill go boom but after dat ill use up B again n ill b standin on d stage n my opponents all like "dude did u jus up B twice?" n im like "dats not important d important thing is . . . . DIE!!" lol

idk if dats common knowlage or not but i jus figured id throw dat out dere cuz it helped me out so hopfully a few ppl who dont no about dis now do no about dis.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
im jus gonna start off n say im new at dis. . . not brawl but d whole smashboards thing so idk if i no alot or if i no lil i def dont have d lingo down cuz idk wat d hell n fair or nething like dat is but i guess its jus a different way of sayin moves so forgive me if i dont use dose terms

i main link 2 he was d 1st character i ever used n id like 2 think i no him fairly well n dat being said i def no dat its a pain 2 get bac wit him but i did however find something i use alot dat i think helps improve his "recovery" quite a bit. wen im gettin a bit high on damage ill tend 2 keep a bomb on me but im not really planing on throwin it n dats b/c wen i get whacked off d stage ill do d usual jump den jump again den up B n if dats not enough dats wen d bomb im holdin comes into play cuz if i time it right itll go off right about wen ive used my up B n ill go boom but after dat ill use up B again n ill b standin on d stage n my opponents all like "dude did u jus up B twice?" n im like "dats not important d important thing is . . . . DIE!!" lol

idk if dats common knowlage or not but i jus figured id throw dat out dere cuz it helped me out so hopfully a few ppl who dont no about dis now do no about dis.
Common knowledge.

But, that's not important, the important thing is...LEARN TO TYPE!!

-Nox`

Top Bottom