• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Secondary Characters - Assuming You Main Metaknight

Wombat-Slayer

Smash Cadet
You might laugh

I'm proficient in Snake, 3D, Falco, and Bowser

I guess I'm the best with 3D now, but he's hard to use unless it's 1v1, Falco is good for 1vs1, but snake is only good for 3-4 player matches. Bowser is best 1v1 too

falconmooch

Smash Rookie
The Characters that I secondary are, in sequential order, Pit, Lucas, and samus
Of course, I main META KNIGHT.

Loops

Smash Apprentice
My secondary is Game and Watch.
I chose him as a second because some times people with projectiles that stun mainly the starfox family tend to annoy me so i fill the bucket and unexpectedly bash it back at there face.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
I use MK, Kirby & DDD as main. I can't decide which them is my favorite, probably Kirby.

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little indecisive about who to use for a secondary. I main Metaknight, obviously, and I've tried Ike and Lucas as secondaries so far. But I'm interested in who the other Metaknight mainers use as secondaries, if they use a secondary at all. I have friends who play Snake and Zelda, both of which are kind of tough matchups for Metaknight, and I would like a second resort for those fights.

So, who's your secondary? Explain why you chose them to be so and, if you'd like, provide insight into character strategy for that character.

Thanks.
for snake, use the kill at 0% grenade tactic: When he pulls out a grenade, time it so that as you are above the top blast line, it explodes and he dies.

for zelda: I use ZSS, but if you jump at her, then attack her from behind after she air dodges, she's helpless under the stage.

Good secondaries: ZSS, Lucas, IC, Ike, and Marth

KingWaffles

Smash Rookie
I'm currently using pit and snake as secondary charecters. I found that pit had just as good of an arial game as metaknight as well as a much needed projectile and snake was created to just own at every range anyways. What can I say? I'm a sucker for speed, but i guess I'm more of a sucker for projectiles...

mrk

Smash Cadet
My second has been Snake for a while, but I fear he is pushing Meta Knight into his old position. Snake's smashes are too powerful, his tilts are too quick, his approach is ridiculous, his weight is unbelievable, and his recovery is top notch. The character is an absolute beast.

Amide

Smash Lord
Game and Watch has a similar, pressure your opponent playstyle. He also has good aerials, and is a good second character for MK mainers.

yosma

Smash Rookie
main:MK
secondary:ROB YOSHI

now thhe thing about yoshi is my friend uses marth and when i use MK he beats mabye 1 out of like 8 matches. my friend isnt bad by far cause he normally only looses by 1 life. so i was bored and used yoshi once and i dont know i guess i just kinda had a knack for him cause i won by like 3 lives.

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
My secondary is Lucas. He used to be my primary actually. Then I tried out Meta Knight and he just clicked.
don't get me wrong though, I still use Lucas very well.

Heavenly Cloud

Smash Apprentice
Main: Meta Knight
Secondary: Kirby-Familiar with playstyle from previous Smash titles.
Others: Falco-Played with him in Melee/replaced Pit as close quaters fighter with spamable projectile.
Dedede-Penguin with a hammer, nuff said.
TLink-Good combination of projectiles and hand to hand combat + fast playstyle with no camping.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
MK is just plain fun. The fact that he is really good goes well with that, as I can play a fun character and still win!

Anyways, I "main" MK (criterion of your topic title) and my "secondary" characters are Olimar and R.O.B.

In reality, I play Olimar about as much as Meta Knight and just as well. R.O.B. is definitely a real secondary, though. I find him a lot of fun, like MK, but he just can't hold up against select characters very well (unfortunately, the ones my friends play lol)

Sturnip

Smash Rookie
I use Ike, Snake, G&W, Toon Link, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Pit, Lucas, Ness, Fox, Falco, and Wolf as secondaries. I might play others like Olimar and ROB, but I'm still learning them.

I just try to space well with every character, using neutral A if it looks like my opponent is going to charge me or something. I'll spam on my last life if I'm losing really bad (down 2+ stocks) if I can spam.

Top Bottom