• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your opinion on the Link VS. Pit matchup.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'd like to get some opinions from some Link players on this because Link is my tertiary character. (Main Samus and second Zelda. I go for the difficult ones!)

I was playing an incredibly-skilled Pit, today. We had three battles as Pit VS. Link. I lost all three battles (Yay, humiliation!), but what I'm trying to say is that Link is actually pretty **** good against Pit.

His f-air has priority over a lot of Pit's moves, and his n-air is nice for a quick aerial. His boomerang and arrows are also good for long-range bombardment if the Pit player isn't expecting it.

How much better/worse do you think Link is in comparison to Pit?

Crow!

Smash Lord
Pit is one of the various characters that can outspam Link, so Link needs to keep out of the long range battle.

Pit's attacks are generally faster than Link's, so Link probably shouldn't stay right in Pit's face very often, either.

So what does this leave? Medium range; the range Link likes best anyway. Link will therefore run a spacing game aginst Pit, trying to maintain control, while Pit acts as an aggressive player. It will by no means be an easy matchup, but it's certainly playable.

Pit's recovery is way better than Link's, but if he gets cocky, hit him with an arrow while he's doing up-B.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
I love to gimp pit's recovery they never expect the dair edgeguard (projectiles work well too). His arrows don't bother me too much, just stand there so your shield blocks. They might curve their arrows to hit beyond the shield's range but you could just crouch. They usually get annoyed by the shield so they will usually approach you actually! Pit's shield isn't too much of a worry because you can anticipate when he will use it and bombs can go over the shield. My only real worry is that accursed b> because it reflects projectiles and is an offensive weapon. I usually grab through the b> because it leaves him wide open. He is also much faster so that is another problem but we still have a larger reach. If i need to approach i like to do a foward throw bomb slide because bombs will still travel regardless of being hit by pit's arrows. When he is sent airborne i time a dac to send him up again and barrage him with bombs. Lucky for us he can't send arrows downwards. Sadly pit will still overall have the advantage but this is my two cents on how to deal with him.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
It only takes one pit arrow when link is off the stage and the fight is off.
True that; it's happened to me plenty of times. lol.

But yes, your standard spam game won't usually work against Pit; he's got arrows and a better shield than you. :[ When fighting Pit, it's never good to challenge his spam game; standing half the map away trying to throw bombs and arrows won't win you the match. If you're going to throw stuff at him, do it while approaching him or backing away, never while jumping up and down standing still.

Spacing while in melee range gives you an advantage though. Your FSmash has better range than his and a bomb +ZAir will rack up damage. Take advantage of Pit's slow recovery with projectiles and your DAir.

That's the most I can think of... I haven't fought too many good Pits lately.

Icyo

Smash Ace
my my my fight is on hiya hiya hi ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya you're not ready yet you're not ready yet

up taunt
Please quit spamming, Aurashade.

And yes, Pit outspams Link with less possible choices for spam.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Pit's not the worst to try and fight... still not the easiest. Becomes a game of spacing for Link. And as for recovering, if you know they will fire arrows at you try to recover low and save your jump till they cant ruin it with an arrow. If they try traditional edgegarding, get back however you do. Pit is hard to edgegard himself just because of his 100,000,000,000 jumps, but if you can keep him off it's an easy kill. Especially if you force him into using UpB. Nair to the face anyone?

mventre

Smash Apprentice
YOU CAN'T DEFEAT ME!!!!!!

I despise Pit and hate everything about him. From his arrows to his incredibely annoying taunts. His voice just sounds like he is still stuck in his pre-teens years ..frigging flying fruit. Also, when he says ''nice try'' or whatever the **** he says when he reflects projectiles just drives me to the point of ...of ::shoots self::

Deva

Smash Lord
yeah, Pit's hella good, and definately one of Link's harder matchups. Use bombs, that's my only advice. They go through arrows.

Top Bottom