• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your "Official" Rate my Kirby Thread is fail. Rate my Kirby

Beo

Smash Apprentice
The rock can take up to like 50 or 75% damage before it breaks. I don't know the exact number, but that's what happend to you. Mix up what you do after Rock, I use Rock on stage somes times too, but you need to hold it for a bit. Use the opponents end lag so you can get out of Rock safely.

Less DAir, imo.

MORE HAMMERS. Maybe it's just how I play, but the Hammer is Kirbys best move. Use it, abuse it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Natch(Kirby) Vs. Mange(ROB) 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp3uMIaQEJw

Natch(Kirby) Vs. Mange(Game and Watch) 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfWKgJuPM2U

Some stupid mistakes, but overall pretty good.

I asked to be rated there, but my post was overtaken by a trolling attack by Suspect against Ninjalink. I decided the thread is never gonna actually rate anything, and posted it here.
Your FACE is fail.

The thread was good until that trolling started T_T

Pummel when you grab.
Don't trip lolz
Don't roll into ROB, you'll get downsmashed
don't randomly suicide lol XD
If you're recovering from the side and you're out of jumps, use Side B. You'll gain horizontal momentum...he could have edgehogged you at the end because of that.
I didn't see one Inhale, that's not a terrible thing, but ROB's power is nice to have.

against G&W:
that upair at :20 could have been followed up by a successful Bair, it's hard to tell. But uair->bair is something I do often, and it usually works pretty well.
Nice Stone edgeguard (he should have seen it coming and used his broken up B to power through it) but the Inhale suicide was :( I hate it when that happens to me...especially in tourney matches -_-
Bad usage of Stone onstage 3-4 times :/ one of them you luckily hit him because he ran below you
Need more grab pummels
Do you know how to tech his Dthrow? When I do it, I think of it as 4 beeps, and on where the fifth one would be, you press Shield. Some people say they hear three beeps though >_> But yeah, go to training mode and practice it, it's really easy to learn, I did it in like 10 minutes.
Suicide D: two suicides in one game, and one death from getting Fsmashed as a rock...how unfortunate

Your Kirby looks good though, appreciate the fact that you have someone to play offline @_@

Wait...these are offline right?

edit:
The rock can take up to like 50 or 75% damage before it breaks. I don't know the exact number, but that's what happend to you.
It's 30.

Kirby's hammer is good, but using it too much is just asking to get punished.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Your FACE is fail.

The thread was good until that trolling started T_T

Pummel when you grab.
Don't trip lolz
Don't roll into ROB, you'll get downsmashed
don't randomly suicide lol XD
If you're recovering from the side and you're out of jumps, use Side B. You'll gain horizontal momentum...he could have edgehogged you at the end because of that.
I didn't see one Inhale, that's not a terrible thing, but ROB's power is nice to have.

against G&W:
that upair at :20 could have been followed up by a successful Bair, it's hard to tell. But uair->bair is something I do often, and it usually works pretty well.
Nice Stone edgeguard (he should have seen it coming and used his broken up B to power through it) but the Inhale suicide was :( I hate it when that happens to me...especially in tourney matches -_-
Bad usage of Stone onstage 3-4 times :/ one of them you luckily hit him because he ran below you
Need more grab pummels
Do you know how to tech his Dthrow? When I do it, I think of it as 4 beeps, and on where the fifth one would be, you press Shield. Some people say they hear three beeps though >_> But yeah, go to training mode and practice it, it's really easy to learn, I did it in like 10 minutes.
Suicide D: two suicides in one game, and one death from getting Fsmashed as a rock...how unfortunate

Your Kirby looks good though, appreciate the fact that you have someone to play offline @_@

Wait...these are offline right?

edit:It's 30.

Kirby's hammer is good, but using it too much is just asking to get punished.
This is offline. Thanks for the criticism.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
"attack by suspect against ninjalink"

are you serious?

I actually got him to start helping people in that thread instead of ignoring people.

GG

And good matches "on topic"

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Good Kirby, but use aerials to stop horizontal and vertical momentum. They work much better than airdodging. i.e: you are hit with ROBs U-tilt, you use d-air immediately, you are slowed and stopped from flying off the top of the stage.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Hard to judge. Play better ppl.
+1

I actually find it a bit ghey that the only people judging the vids are the ones that aren't actually good with kirby. It's always: Great Kirby! DOn't worry you're good just sit back and relax and come in 92th at tournies! There's always something to be worked on. Maybe the bad kirby rater doesn't notice that because he's pretty bad himself. And if the kirby's horrible then say so. Maybe I should start judging kirbs.

Not this one though :lick:

Also this wasn't about your vids. Your kirby is reasonable. Only watched the Rob one though.

Edit: and Suspt wasn't contra Ninjalink. He was pro him. And if ninjalink starts contributing to these forums then YAAAY

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hard to judge. Play better ppl.
My thoughts exactly.

That G&W sucked. XD

Like seriously, where was the D-tilt? Too many Smashes. Not enough Up-B. No Bucket Braking. No D-air edgeguard.

Play my G&W sometime (you're in Cali too it seems). I'm convinced I'm way better than the guy you just played.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
+1

I actually find it a bit ghey that the only people judging the vids are the ones that aren't actually good with kirby.

Edit: and Suspt wasn't contra Ninjalink. He was pro him. And if ninjalink starts contributing to these forums then YAAAY
not nice :(

and yea i know right

*still sad*

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I like it didnt see any mistakes.
The rock can take up to like 50 or 75% damage before it breaks. I don't know the exact number, but that's what happend to you. Mix up what you do after Rock, I use Rock on stage somes times too, but you need to hold it for a bit. Use the opponents end lag so you can get out of Rock safely.

Less DAir, imo.

MORE HAMMERS. Maybe it's just how I play, but the Hammer is Kirbys best move. Use it, abuse it.

Sawwy Suspt. You know I didn't mean you :) . These Quotes are what I mean.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Okay, the opponents weren't good, especially the game and watch, but your Kirby could use more short hop B-Airs, maybe roll a little less, especially against game and watches, and if you use hammer, but not too often, you can set up mindgames that can screw the opponent over.

Top Bottom