• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your most funny selfdestruct?

DLO

Smash Journeyman
This topic idea come in my head 2 days ago.
Well,i was Mario,just for fun.The Link was in front of me.a party ball create 5 bob-ombs.i have a bat,so i lanch on the bob-ombs.then i run away and jump,but i don't see a soccer ball near the bombs.the soccer ball hit me,and i die.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
My funniest wasn't even me, it was the computer in a team match. I was Marth, teamed with Fox, against Wolf and Yoshi. Moltres appeared out of a Poke Ball that I picked up, and I hit Yoshi into the fire it created, and it flew back to the middle of the stage, Wolf was at a higher percentage, so I hit him into it and he flew all the way off the stage, he came back, but Fox knocked him off again, right as Yoshi egg rolled towards me, but I jumped over it, he then kept going, all the way off the stage, into Wolf who was still trying to recover, and they both lost their last stocks.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Playing Ike dittos on Jungle Japes. Near the left side of the stage, between the main platform and the left platform, I got spiked by my friend's Aether. He canceled the Aether by grabbing the ledge. As soon as I hit the water, the Klap Trap came and spiked us both. BUT! We both teched the hit on the underside of the main platform, and I immediately used bair out of my tech to hit my friend. BUT! He teched that on the underside of Jungle Jape's leftmost platform. After that he tried using Aether to recover, but hits me while I was being dragged by the water's current. The match ended in sudden death. When sudden death began, I ran off the wrong side of the stage, into the water killing myself. *replayed* Dittos ftl.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Well, probably me when I go too far down with Marth's dair.
It's like he's floaty, but his fastfall is like FAST....
I know that sounded stupid.

But again, me, because even if I do meteor, then I sometimes hit the ledge of FD and die.

But my friend who plays Kirby basically kills himself.
He tries to gimp my Marth, but at the last second I dolphin slash to the ledge, meanwhile stagespiking him.
It's really his SD, because he knows I know how to psyche him out.
I also did it with Falco's Phantasm.
On the last stock.
And yet he still tries gimping.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
I've had my shares of newbie self-destructs with Fox Illusion...

Meta Knight's Drill Rush, Pikachu's Thunder after jumping off a ledge, Pit's... Well, I never SD with Pit because his recovery is awesome. ;)

My little sister keeps killing herself with Ike's Aether instead of recovering with Quick Draw.

So, yeah. Fox Illusion and Drill Rush off the ledge are the funniest self-destructs I've had.

Besides running out of boost with the LANDMASTAH and falling to my death.

Kirye

Smash Ace
I was using Kirby, my friend used Wario.
He was coming back onto the ledge on his chopper.
I jumped out of the arena and tried to swallow him.
I ended up swallowing the chopper instead.
Then I fell out of the arena as a fat Kirby and Wario made it back safe.
=(

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
the game doesn't count it as an SD, but it totally was. and also it was an annoying pit-spammer, not me. so anyway, i don't know why items were on (but whatever, they were), and pit grabbed a metal box because his damage was getting high and he didn't wanna die. so i basically just hit him moderately up and off the stage, and while trying to recover he was like "nuh-uh, i'm not approaching you for the edgegaurd!" and so he lingered a bit off the stage. well, it came to using his upb finally... and he used it, and i slowly watched him actually sink slowly to his death (because the metal box was too heavy for wings of icarus XD).

most of my "funny SDs" are me playing jiggs trying to rollout>ledgegrab for fun (it tricks people into thinking im going to rollout them from the sky, when actually i just want the ledge unguarded... which it is since they're jumping around airdodging in center-stage). so anyway, i launch perfectly at the ledge, but apparently i miss the ledge and bounce off and downwards for the stage spike. so yeah i've pretty much stopped trying to rollout>ledge. it's really lame when it screws up :(

and then there was the time i used samus's FS off the edge (which FYI means samus's death because she's busy transforming and falling at the same time)... and then a couple matches later when i was at skyworld with a FS and i was like "hell no! i'm not using it off-stage again!"... but i used it on the bottom left corner, and using the FS broke the platform underneath me... and i happened to be JUST OFF of the cloud and fell to my doom while transforming.

btw, i have items always turned off, but sometimes my friends have them on, so sometimes i wind up in item matches. also there are the times i'm just dying to have a deku nut FFA >_>

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
My chair broke under me and I ended up using Toon Link Dair off the stage.
Does that count?

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Well I'll take something from Melee I guess. I Falco side b suicided 3 times in a 4 stock match.

BTW, grammar error; Your funniest self destruct?

Duker

Smash Journeyman
Getting a perfect spike with Ike when the opponent didn't had any chance whatsoever anyway to recover :3

DLO

Smash Journeyman
Well I'll take something from Melee I guess. I Falco side b suicided 3 times in a 4 stock match.

BTW, grammar error; Your funniest self destruct?
you don't see my cousin's wolf.only he can do the b> and,in the same moment,hit a flying bob-omb

hey,i'm italian,its difficult for me to speak a correct english.and yes,this is my first topic.

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
I've got a couple.
One was using Samus' FS off stage, which I know know through experience means death.
I've killed myself a couple times with jiggs' rollout, flying completly off the stage, expecting to plow over my opponent in the process.
Using Marth's FS in mid air and missing, flying straight off the stage.
And a couple of stupid TLink down B's also.

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
I was dedede on battlefield, and I used inhale while I was falling, and a barrel appeared out of nowhere, and I inhaled it. Talk about bad luck.D=

brawler15

Smash Cadet
I dodged electrode but he didn't explode. then later in the match I realized he was still there so I went over to him then he killed me :(

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Me(Olimar) and My brother(Fox) and CPU(Random/Lucas) and the other one(Random/Wario) were playing on Smashville, Lucas was dead, my bro had 2 stocks, I had 3 and Wario had one, a FS came then I got it, then my brother hit me and then Wario took it, he turned into WarioMan, he chased me I jumped then he followed me, then he was about to do a fully charged waft, I did an AirDodge, dodged his attack and then he killed himself. It was funny :p

The Kenth

Smash Rookie
Me (mario) and my friend (marth) vs two other friends (one of em was samus).
friendly fire is on of course, so my team mate does a fully uploaded smash and blows one to hell, here comes the funny part.. just about when he smashed, the other guy shoots a missile, and im right behind my friend. Of course i go smart mode and use front-special.

what happens is that ... my friend smashes the one guy away, i use the cape, reflect my friend so he smashes me! (u heard me, he did A NEW SMASH AFTER THE FIRST SMASH!), i get smashed away and my friend gets the missile in the back and flys of the screen ><.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Although I can't think of any I did, my friend was using DK and I was Diddy on Jungle Japes. I was by the edge and he cargo'd me and dropped into the water right as the Klap Trap went by, so he got bit and since I came right off his back, I foot-stool jumped him and he was sent back down and hit the same Klap Trap. It killed him from 0% I saved the replay it was so good.

Playing Ike dittos on Jungle Japes. Near the left side of the stage, between the main platform and the left platform, I got spiked by my friend's Aether. He canceled the Aether by grabbing the ledge. As soon as I hit the water, the Klap Trap came and spiked us both. BUT! We both teched the hit on the underside of the main platform, and I immediately used bair out of my tech to hit my friend. BUT! He teched that on the underside of Jungle Jape's leftmost platform. After that he tried using Aether to recover, but hits me while I was being dragged by the water's current. The match ended in sudden death. When sudden death began, I ran off the wrong side of the stage, into the water killing myself. *replayed* Dittos ftl.
I have to see that.

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
My funniest SD has to be whenever I mess up Sheik's Vanish Slide. :ohwell: I forgot the official name, but it's when you do an Up-B while running off the edge. Great edge-guarding technique, but I sometimes use it just to look flashy. It rarely actually works, and ends up making me SD since I don't practice it much. Lol.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
thinking i'm someone else's tlink and i run off the stage <.<

A good one is when i was battling a mario with my tlink on lylat cruise. We were on par with each other but he had better hand-to-hand combat skills while i dominated at long and mid range skills. Anyways we were having an epic edge battle when i used a last resort bair, which managed to give him a slight stage spike ,however, i had enough time to edgehog him and win the match. Just at this moment the stage tilts in such a way that i fail to recover while he makes a miracle recovery..........THAT MATCH BELONGED TO ME!!!!!!!!

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Mine was on purpose. I hate Kirbys that self destruct, so when I realized my friend was playing as Kirby, I just killed myself three times just so I didn't have to face him. (And no, it was not a serious match, so don't annoy me about what happens when I face a Kirby user at a tournament).

ProtonXX

Smash Rookie
Was me vs a friend. Game just starts and I was up 4-3 and I get a Mr Resetti assist. My Friend falls off the stage 3 times immediately

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember any in matches, but I was trying out Meta Knight's infinite cape and I fell off the side of Final Destination. xD

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
On wifi only, (i'm assuming because of lag) I always run towards the edge with characters like Pikachu and Dedede, and instead of running to the edge and stopping, then using Dsmash, I always run towards the edge, run off, and then use Dair.

I hate it.

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
i was in sudden death and I killed my opponent off the top of the screen, as he was falling in the background, a bob-omb came and shot me off the side of the screen and killed me right before he died. I guess the point is never taunt during sudden death >_<

Top Bottom