• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your main/favourite Low tier characters

Mister.Kim1

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2558-6837-3970
Are there any low tier character you use because it fits your play style or the sheer positive attributes?

For me, I play :ultlittlemac: despite him being almost at the bottom of the tier list according to EventHubs

Jasper the Tourist

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff. I've tried other characters because the high risk play style of Jiggs can be inconsistent and tiring, but at the same time I just jive with it too much.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Me and every other Ganondorf main. Sigh...

I have a friend who just does not want to learn to pursue offstage, no matter how critical it might be. I've encouraged him to play the likes of :ultlittlemac: and :ultincineroar: as a result.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
:ultwendy: Still very fun to use though I definitely think they need some buffs, I know that list isn't accurate but I'm not surprised they are at the bottom.

:ultjigglypuff: I still believe she's pretty decent here at least compared to Brawl and 4 at least for me anyway.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do we even have an official tier list for Ultimate?

Eh, I guess I enjoy playing as Little Mac, I doubt he'll be anything other than low tier.

Same with Jigglypuff, Robin, Wii Fit Trainer and Zelda but they seem better so eh.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I find Bowser Jr. really fun to play as, despite his obvious flaws. And while there isn't an official tierlist yet, both Piranha Plant and Mr. Game and Watch, whose playstyles I also enjoy, are typically rated quite lowly in most pros' lists.

By contrast, I also play ROB and Olimar, who are typically rated high and top tier respectively, so I guess that balances things out.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Well, since event hub is the closest thing we got to an official tier list...

:ultridley:Ridley would have to be the one.... He basically plays like a bigger :ultmetaknight:Meta Knight, but with a bit of influence from :ultganondorf: Ganondorf (who is also a blast to play, but I'd never main Ganondorf). Ridley still feels weird to me, yet feels good and easy to play. However sometimes it feels like I could just get my butt stomped at any moment with Ridley because sometimes I feel helpless against certain characters. Thing is with Ridley, I will absolutely decimate people the first few games, however overtime they were start decimating me because it feels like Ridley doesn't have enough options to be able to adapt to anything. So once people figure out how to fight Ridley you're done for. Though I gotta say, I love the heck out of :ultmetaknight:Meta Knight + :ultridley:Ridley in 2v2s. Since they are both fast, they can help each other out pretty easily. Also sometimes :ultridley: Ridley can shoot his fireballs to distracts/heavily damage the enemy while :ultmetaknight:Meta Knight stops the enemy from getting even close due to his pressure on the enemy, and the Fireballs being there makes it even easier for him to do so. Perhaps I'm biased from this duo because I love these characters so much and I had some awesome synergy with someone who also played :ultmetaknight: Meta Knight (because of me funnily enough) and :ultridley:Ridley. On a side note, still can't believe this incredibly hard punish where a Pit was coming back from stage and missed, so Ridley was right behind me and did the Down B, and then I just Forward Smashed Pit off of his tail. Two close ups back to back, it was ridiculous.

Seems like everyone else I am actively trying to get better with is mid-high tier (:ultmetaknight::ultlucario::ultwolf::ultrob::ultmewtwo:). But I just wanted to mention :ultsamus:Samus/:ultdarksamus:Dark Samus. One of the characters I used to feel perfectly comfortable with in Smash 4 (between :4link:Link and :4samus:Samus they were my go-to when I wanted to win for a long time), and that translated quite well to Ultimate. Mainly I just love using Samus because I know a friend that I play with regularly is trying to get better with :ultdarksamus:Dark Samus. He used to be so bad, but now he's gotten amazing with Samus and we have some pretty close duels sometimes with our Samus dittos and I love seeing him wreck randoms and go toe to toe with actual good players. There are times when we play where I want to try maining Dark Samus, but I'm trying to restrain myself from playing Samus because I have to focus on my top 6, because that's already splitting up my attention a lot as is....... Really hard to do because I love these awesome Samus dittos so much.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
EventHubs is never gonna make a Tier List that accurate, neither accepted by the competitive community.

Despite all that, Diddy is worse than in Smash 4 and Brawl, so there's your answer. I doubt he's actually Low Tier however. I think King K.Rool comes closest to all of my characters and their future tier placements.

Versus

(⌐■_■)
Switch FC
SW-5784-8868-8472
One of my mains for this game is Bowser. I enjoy his play style with him being able to kill at low percents and "tough guy" just running through projectiles.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Kirby. And by some people's perspectives, Dedede (honestly though I find him to be a mid tier and not a low tier).

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
is :ulttoonlink: low tier? cause idk,

but in my own experience i just consider characters i am good with high tier and characters i suck with low tier xD

i think that's how people should be treating characters.. cause a character can be high tier according to some smash experts but you can still suck with the character..while a character they consider low tier you might be really good with maybe even at tournament level..
sooo yeah plz no official character tier list... it kinda ruins it in my opinion

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
The idea of a tier list is that it treats all characters as if they are being played to their utmost potential. Being good/bad with the character has nothing to do with it.

smoulder

Smash Rookie
Hard to answer this without an accurate tier list. I main puff though, which I think is considered low-mid tier.

D

Deleted member

A lot of people seem to consider Little Mac as one of the worst characters in the game so I suppose I'll go with him. Playing him though is satisfying as hell though, all about reading and punishing. Just like Punch Out itself lol

Top Bottom