• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Dreams

Mewter

Smash Master
Has anyone ever had one of those ever-chaotic, headache-inducing recurring dreams while trying to get to sleep in the evening with a fever? They're ANNOYING.

For example, I once had this dream where I was the lead construction organizer for a colonization squad putting together large, habitable buildings on mars in the middle of an alien invasion. I then I woke up and went back to sleep with a bad headache. When I went back to sleep, I had the same dream OVER AND OVER AGAIN. After a few cycles like that, the dream starting getting unbearable, and I found it less painful to stay awake rather than go back to sleep... :urg:

I can't remember the last time I had a dream :urg:. And usually every month or so I get horrible nightmares for about a week. They usually involve loneliness and zombies :urg:
That stinks.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I can't remember the last time I had a dream :urg:. And usually every month or so I get horrible nightmares for about a week. They usually involve loneliness and zombies :urg:
Mmm...I rarely have nightmares and I am quite good at remembering my dreams, well enough that I keep a diary of them. When I wake up, I try to remember what just vaguely happened and the memory starts trickling down when I start writing. I still have to make a decent effort because I quickly forget in about 10 seconds what I did dream about. I still forget most details about them as the day marches on. I guess it requires practice to remember dreams? I bothered to make an effort today just for this thread. Also, you probably know that it helps if you wake up in REM, so maybe you could set your alarm for maybe, 3AM?

I hope you get better at remembering the more happier dreams!

Did anyone ever have those.... recurring dreams?...
I used to have a recurring Power Rangers dream and now a dream with a wide, really, really, tall, horror-gothic tower with no stairs. Each floor is dark, desolate, creepy, and haunted.

Normally, I tend to keep dreams to myself because I personally believe that dreams are a subconscious metaphor (usually portrayed negatively) for what happens in life and legitimately have interpretations (although I think object-based interpretation is sometimes accurate and sometimes not; usually for me it is), so I do not want people thoroughly interpreting me. I could probably interpret each of my dreams in relationship to my thoughts and what happens in my current life. However, I will post the second of the three dreams (sorry, kirbywizard:() I had because it actually has relevance to Smash Bros!

Dream said:
My second dream was that I was playing SSE (3D game, not side-scroller) and was literally part of it…except this was a different world and being a dream, less coherent. I remember that at least part of it was a dark, snowy world at the base of the cliff, at the creek (which was NOT frozen) from the previous dream (for me, geography in my dreams tend to become recurring motifs; the "dark, snowy world is the new part). I played through that part twice. Eventually, I arrived at a springtime cabin and had to choose from DK, Diddy, or Bowser and win by finishing some laps around the cabin (clockwise) before the other team (ninjas, I think). I picked DK and Diddy. There were some shortcuts except I did not want to disturb the occupants. I had trouble with the Wiimote and ultimately lost. I actually was running with the team and started running by breaking away from my own team out of desperation during the end. There was also a map like those in Mario Kart 64 that tells where the racers are; it was really all over the place and yet really accurate. The second time, I was able to use Kirby, so I ended up using Kirby and Diddy. This time, I used the shortcuts (which involved rangers blowing up boarded passageways) and barely won. I saw that my opponents were the spiky items bouncing around that are actually items in SSBB.
For those who have a hard time remembering your dreams, this is a nice example of those semi-coherent, negative metaphoric dreams that play out like a story and make little sense!

Blazer

Smash Ace
I was at a Papa Roach concert, and got to talk to the lead singer Jacoby Shaddix.

There was also an afterparty, which I couldn't get into due to being 17.
And I walked to another concert of their's that was in like California. I live in Kentucky.

Tacel

Smash Lord
One time I had a dream that I was at the movies and one preview was for a movie about a bunny-eating cricket.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Mmm...I rarely have nightmares and I am quite good at remembering my dreams, well enough that I keep a diary of them. When I wake up, I try to remember what just vaguely happened and the memory starts trickling down when I start writing. I still have to make a decent effort because I quickly forget in about 10 seconds what I did dream about. I still forget most details about them as the day marches on. I guess it requires practice to remember dreams? I bothered to make an effort today just for this thread. Also, you probably know that it helps if you wake up in REM, so maybe you could set your alarm for maybe, 3AM?
Eh Dream Dairy? That seems like a good idea, but the main problem is I really have no clue if I can even get a dream. What happens is I try to sleep ( usually takes me an hour >_>) and then as soon as I close my eyes at around 2am ( usually when I actually get into full sleep mode) I soon wake up with no clue if I had a dream. I know I get a dream occasionally but it is just getting harder and harder to remember it. And like I said if I do get a dream or remember one, then it is usually a nightmare.

Also I find interpenetrating dreams can help you figure out were your struggling in life. It can come to friends, school, work, family and your own view of yourself.

day-day

Smash Ace
My 1st dream was like that upcoming movie "The Collector" where me, my gf, and my cousin Miles were being chased by the Killer, then all of a sudden there was a explosion in the wall and Freddy was chasing after Jason and Michael who were rolling around fighting. Then Freddy turned onto the Killer from the collector and they went at it. Me, my gf, and miles just walked out confused as heck then we somehow wound up at leatherfaces house on one street and the house on haunted hill on the other. Leatherface and R. Lee Ermey ran at us and I pulled some Chris Redfield/Leon Kennedy type stuff where I managed to kill them with just a knife and a couple of uppercuts. I need to lay off the horror movies..:laugh:

2nd dream was about smash bros 4. It was like Kingdom Hearts gameplay and I was Sonic fighting one of Eggman's contraptions with Zelda and Snake. I got low on health and Zelda used some spell to bring my HP back up. Zelda was pretty much a donald type character with magic. Snake got KO'd and was slouched against the wall. We won when I used lock-on plus a smash bros style trinity limit where Sonic did a constant barrage of homing attacks. Then I leveled up to lvl. 27 and learned a new ability, Sonic Wind. Doubt that a kingdom hearts + Smash bros mix would work but it was a cool dream..:chuckle:

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I had a dream that my brother hacked into my SWF account and bought a premium membership, so I had all kinds of customization options. But he changed my avatar, and it wouldn't let me change it back.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Lol such random dreams, love em.

I never remember my dreams, maybe once every 2 weeks I might....

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I posted this on my tumblr but now I'm gonna post it on smashboards, haha.

I had a dream that some girl who looked exactly like Taylor Swift was my prom date. (I’m not even a fan of Taylor Swift.) Her name was Ciano de Lane. I went with my mom to Dickies. For some reason, in the dream, Dickies sold formal wear and prom dresses and stuff. When I went to the store, I was a girl, and I was going to buy a dress for myself. I was a guy in a girl’s body. Like, when I talked to some store assistant, I knew that I was a guy yet I knew I had a girl’s voice. I asked the assistant for a dress and went to the fitting room, then suddenly the dream changed and I was a guy again, looking for a shirt to match Ciano’s dress. I found a nice pink shirt. I also found a sweater that looked good, and my mom came out and asked, “Are you gonna get that too?” I looked at the other side of the sweater and saw that it was kinda weird-colored and asymmetrical, so I put it back.

Anyway, I had to call Ciano. She had gone to my high school and we were both college freshman (yet we were still going to a prom for some reason, haha.) I had never talked to her in months, but at least I remembered that at some point long ago, we had agreed to go together. So I called to ask about the dress color, and I was right that she was gonna wear pink (I wasn’t even sure of the dress color when I got the shirt, I kinda just had a feeling it would be pink.) After asking that, I just asked her about college and caught up and stuff.

Suddenly my dream changed to a Pokemon and ninja battle. I was running on the backs of Squirtle shells across the water, battling a Tentacruel. I was defeated and had to retreat back to the beach. The Tentacruel ran away onto a fat Salamence’s back, and the Salamence flew away back to its team rocket base. The boss was not Giovanni, but he still looked like a fat Italian gangster and had a huge cigar. I remembered that the same guy had also defeated Sasuke in the latest Naruto manga chapter. (Not real.) The same guy was also Ciano’s father and I knew I would have to deal with something really troublesome.

Then I woke up!

Note: I had never heard the name Ciano before, so I looked it up after I woke up and it was the surname of a guy who married the daughter of Benito Mussolini! Italian villain indeed! Hahaha!

D13

Smash Ace
I had a dream where I learned to like Brawl, picked up Marth and began to play competitively. This is not a joke.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I rarely remember my dreams, but I vividly recall dreaming about giving pencil lead to someone...

I had the strangest yet most enjoyable dream last night.

I was at a festival in Muscat, and I had joined everyone in dancing around a fire singing in Arabic.
I suddenly became very fluent in Arabic... Or it was just my brain making up words that sounded Arabic.

That was so much fun! Don't some of you wish that you could experience the same good dream again?

D13

Smash Ace
i had a dream i showered with my male friend. Does that make me gay?
If you were showering together in a locker room, then you're justing having weird dreams.

If it was somewhere else, then I dunno. Don't think much of it.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
I had a dream about smash boards last night. Kinda uneventful, though. All I can really remember about my dream was that roy was moved to bottom tier. I lol'd.

Top Bottom