• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Controller

What will be YOUR control method?

• Wiimote (on its side)

Votes: 12 2.5%
  • Wiimote + Nunchuck

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Classic Controller

Votes: 33 6.8%
  • GameCube Controller

Votes: 395 81.3%

• Total voters

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I, like what is apparently the majority, will use GC controller, as of now. But I'll definatly expieriment and see if I like any of the other options too.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I vote for the wii mote + nunchuk combo though i will use the GC controller
( i vote for this because i don't have my own GC controller but im borrowing one):(

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
XD Well, for those of you getting WaveBirds, not entirely sure, but i don't think they're that easy to find anymore =P Lucky for me, I have two XD So no worries for me =P And as you probably gathered from my first and second sentence, I will be using the Game Cube controller. It just feel like a more... comfortable feel =P

Weed

Smash Lord
I like the way the Classic controller looks, but like someone said before, the left joystick placement might be too wierd, if not, Gamecube controller all the way.

L-Rocket

Smash Rookie
GameCube controller all the way (plus I already have 4, and I'm not into buying 2 more Wii Controllers , as I am totally broke).

Seison

Smash Journeyman
yup. looks like its a landslide. GC controller all the way. (course i gotta test out the wiimote + nunchuk combo too.)

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
GCN controller is my favorite, but ill try others
(its kinda confusing now cuz the Classic controller's smash attacks are executed with the B button instead of A, but its fine with me :) )

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
GAH! With the Wii remote (sans nunchuk), you have to push 1 & 2 in order to execute a smash attack. That is both good and bad. It is bad because you have to sync the pressing of two buttons at once (not too bad for competitive players but definitely annoying). It is good for anyone who accidentally smashes a lot when all they wanted is a tilt.

I'm stickin' with the cube controller. ^_^

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Most likely the GCN controller, but I want to use the wiimote on its side even though I suck at hitting 2 buttons at the same time for a smash attack (I don't know why).

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
GAH! With the Wii remote (sans nunchuk), you have to push 1 & 2 in order to execute a smash attack. That is both good and bad. It is bad because you have to sync the pressing of two buttons at once (not too bad for competitive players but definitely annoying). It is good for anyone who accidentally smashes a lot when all they wanted is a tilt.
hitting 1 and 2 at the same time is alot easier than it sounds. I think I might be usin the tilted wiimote, since I am one of those people who accidentally smashes alot :p

Cuno56

Smash Apprentice
GCN Controller, though I'm interested to see if the C-stick will still do smashes (I'm 99% sure it will, but who knows besides Sakurai?), since it didn't say that it would in today's update.

Also, what the hell @ mario's range?

SGX

Smash Journeyman
Given that we are not forced to use only analog controls...
I wonder if that Hori fighting stick coming out for the Wii will be compatible.

I would be in heaven.

MuBa

Smash Lord
I hope it's not like where some combos can be possible or easily executed with one method and retardingly difficult with another.

But as a veteran smash player I'd stick with the GC controller until I get further information.

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
I voted Nunchuck, because I at least plan to try it out for a little bit, along with the other controller methods.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
hopefully wavebirds won't be as annoying on the wii... I'd go for the nunchux+wiimote comboz, bcause I don't think I want to be stuck on game cube all my life...

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to try the wiimote and nunchaku style, but I'll stick to the gamecube controller if I can't adapt to the new controller.

Troggy

Smash Rookie
Well, since I might not get a Wii for a long time, i'll have to stick with the GC controller.

nuro

Smash Lord
About that sideways wii controller... Is the D-Pad sensitive to how hard you press it? How will the game know if your running or walking? So I am guess the A button is shield? Or would the B button be shield? I am talking about a, b not 1,2 so dont get confused.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I will try all except the gamecube one, cause well, those controllers are worn out and the more I can preserve them the better. I see the Wiimote on its side (tentatively) as being the one I will use the least, with the Nunchuk/Wiimote complex and the Classic Controller rising above.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*Deep breath* Definitely GC controller, feels the best in my hands really, out of the PS2 and Xbox. Not sure about this gen but I'll stick with the GC.

Blackadder

Smash Master
CC controler all the way for me.
I think a lot of people may wan't to use the Classic one too, they both look the most accesible to me.

Top Bottom