• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Controller

What will be YOUR control method?

• Wiimote (on its side)

Votes: 12 2.5%
  • Wiimote + Nunchuck

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Classic Controller

Votes: 33 6.8%
  • GameCube Controller

Votes: 395 81.3%

• Total voters

DarkWolf123

Smash Apprentice
i want to try all of them except classic cause i dont got one, but i expect using the GCC because im so used to it

soaz

Smash Ace
i go with the GCC i bought a new wavebird just so i could play melee with it until brawl comes out but now im gonna use it for brawl.

Convuls1on

Smash Cadet
Seeing as I have a completely custom GC controller (took me like 2 whole days to sand it, prime it, paint it, stencil it, re paint it, and clear gel gloss coat it). I Think im going to be sticking with my GC controller. Not to mention I just broke that bad boy in.. it was like a virgin before and jus wasn't to my liking. lol

Arc2012

Smash Cadet
I'll be going Wiimote + Nunchuck just because I want the whole experience to feel completely new and Wii-like. However, If it sucks I won't hesitate to go back to the GameCube controller. I don't have a classic controller. Those things don't look like they would be comfortable for smash.

I

i8waffles612

I have to try all of them before I can pick one... so I am not going to vote right now

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Sideway Wii Controller... Why??? I dunno, looks something that allows me to embarrassing defeat my opponents... Now, back to my dream of the Wiimote...

*Waves Wiimote*

Woot, wavedashing!!!

Weej

Smash Cadet
I will try them all before making a hair brained guess on what the possible controls will be. I can't stand all these threads about "who will you main?" and things like that.

I WILL DECIDE ONCE I GET TO PLAY TH GAME.

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
hmmmm lets see, i have like 5 GCN controllers and 1 wiimote+nunchuck, so im prolly sticking with the good ol GCN, but i will try out the wiimote+nunchuck maybe even the wiimote by itself, but i highly doubt i will be using the latter on a competitive level.

Keku

Smash Apprentice
I think it'll be a GC-controller, but I'd like to test how well/bad the nunchuk+mote thingy works before spending 100€ for two cube-controllers.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Well I have 2 extra gamecube controllers I bought with Brawl in mind, although I will try the Wiimote+Chuck combo as well, will use whatever I like better but I voted Gamecube controller because thats what I most likely will use.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Probably GC controller....the nunchuk looks like it could work well, but so far, I've only bought one (could only FIND one)....The things are like harder to find than....a good idea in the character suggestion threads :p

anyways, If I use the nunchuk against my friends, while making them use GC controllers, they'l just complain that I'm being unfair.....so i'll stick with GC controls.....(until I find more nunchuks)

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
I imagine that I will still be using the GC controller, but I'm very interested in the classic controller. I love all the buttons, but the analog placement and controller shape hurts. But the controller always feels so new, and has top tier buttons and analog sticks. Wii remote and nunchuk will be fun I think, but I doubt I can't drop the Cube. I should see if I can mod a a wii analog stick onto the cube, it would be so much nicer.

Chaos_Tyrant

Smash Apprentice
In one of my old topics, I stated i play with my foot and right hand for controllers
Guess GCC is my only way...would be fun to try the others though

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
Most likely the Gamecube controller. I'll give the Nunchuck a try, but I can't image playing with the Wiimote is comfortable.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
Since I feel no problem switching between GC and WN, I'd like to try WN, just cause I love the controller. I have no problem using GC if I must, but WN could be quite fun :).

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
These poll results are a spectacular momument to everyone's general unwillingness for change.

I can never pass up an opportunity the use the Wii remote solo style. I've always been a supporter of simplifying controls whenever possible, so I'm a huge fan of anything that uses the Wii remote with no attachments (like Super Paper Mario or Excite Truck). Of course the GameCube controller will make Brawl control just like SSBM, but who the heck would want that? If I wanted the same game as SSBM, I suspect I'd probably just play SSBM. But seeing as how Brawl is an entirely new game on an entirely new system, I want everything to be as shiny and new as possible. I certainly don't want a new game on a new system that is just like the old one. I can't imagine a better way to feel like I wasted $300. The Wii remote on its side is likely to be the furthest from the classic GameCube controls, so that's the type I'm planning on using.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
These poll results are a spectacular momument to everyone's general unwillingness for change.

I can never pass up an opportunity the use the Wii remote solo style. I've always been a supporter of simplifying controls whenever possible, so I'm a huge fan of anything that uses the Wii remote with no attachments (like Super Paper Mario or Excite Truck). Of course the GameCube controller will make Brawl control just like SSBM, but who the heck would want that? If I wanted the same game as SSBM, I suspect I'd probably just play SSBM. But seeing as how Brawl is an entirely new game on an entirely new system, I want everything to be as shiny and new as possible. I certainly don't want a new game on a new system that is just like the old one. I can't imagine a better way to feel like I wasted $300. The Wii remote on its side is likely to be the furthest from the classic GameCube controls, so that's the type I'm planning on using.
Nope not really. We only get one vote, so instead of everyone saying which controller types they plan to use, it asks which main one you think you will use, which is a tough question since we haven't seen any schemes at all.

I also don't want to break a wiimote and nuchuka [I'll still give them a whirl] on Brawl so it's better for me to stick with my beaten up GC controllers.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I can't believe that even three people want to use the wii-mote on its side. Who are these crazies and what are they smoking?

Though, to be fair, the wii-mote option is a good alternative for people who can't afford to four classic or gamecube controllers. But given the choice, Gamecube controller all the way!

Top Bottom