• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Controller

What will be YOUR control method?

• Wiimote (on its side)

Votes: 12 2.5%
  • Wiimote + Nunchuck

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Classic Controller

Votes: 33 6.8%
  • GameCube Controller

Votes: 395 81.3%

• Total voters

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
What do you think will be your preferred control method?

Make sure to keep any actual conversation on controllers in the official topic. This is more like a, "tell us what you would like to use" kind of thread rather than an in-depth discussion on the controllers.

The official topic can be found here.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I think that the Classic Controller looks cool, but I'm disappointed to see the control stick on the bottom left... I can't play like that. So I'm probably going to use the GameCube controller again. But, I can't say until I try all methods.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
In the process of finding me a brand spanking new wavebird just for brawl :)

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Wavebirds look too... "fat" for me.
I went to a locol SSBM tournament at a near-by Gamecrazy, and I had to use a wavebird.
I lost... couldn't get used to it, even though it's so similar to GC controllers.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
hm...it looks like right now that i'll be using the GC controller...i just cant see myself playing smash without one. but, that what everyone else said when melee came out. they could part from their N64 controllers. just like sakurai said, i'll just try them all and see which one works for me the best.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I'll primarily use the GCN controller but I'm gonna test out all of them. The wiimote+Nunchuk does appeal to me a lot.

saberhof

Smash Master
i dont know, maybe there will be something diferent with the wiimote and others then the GC control to do things better, soo i have to try them out, they might have glitches and stuff, you never know, soo im gonna try them all. i might even use diferent controlers for each character.

vvspidervv

Smash Rookie
wavebirds suck the lag time on them is so bad i wouldn't recommend using them but deff gamecube, i will try all the ways maybe it easyer to pull off some moves with different controllers

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
i wonder why he put the controller update in the "game modes" section maybe that means that everyone must use the same controller to compete against one another and u cant choose ur preference while ur friend chooses another.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
Wii-Mote > W-mote+N-Chuck > GC Controller > Classic controller
As I see it now

I'm EXTREMLEY interested to see how the game will be played with soley the Wii-Mote.. I really want that to be my prefered method of play, just because it seems the most impractical..

If you were to ask me now, i'd say i'm going to main with the GC controller, but only because I'm already comfortable with it right now. Of course, i'm going to try ALL the methods of play before i make a final decision...

and what saberhof said is a good idea.. that may be an option as well

Fawriel

Smash Master
Gamecube I guess. Not only because I'm a cheapskate, but also because it just fits into my hands better than the CC seems to. ... and I'm not good enough to use probably impractical control methods.

A-Laon

Smash Master
GC controller.

Personally, I view all the other methods as a totally unnecessary attempt at integrating the Wii's controller just for the hell of it. Waste of time if you ask me.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
i dont know, maybe there will be something diferent with the wiimote and others then the GC control to do things better, soo i have to try them out, they might have glitches and stuff, you never know, soo im gonna try them all. i might even use diferent controlers for each character.
Exactly, however when I first play I'll be using the GCN controller.

Fastinyoh

Smash Apprentice
All of you using wavebird: don't you find a bit of lag compared to wired controllers?

My friends and I have stopped using them because we seem to notice that they lag behind a wired controller by 1 or 2 frames.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Gamecube controller.. Why? C-stick. GG other controllers. Cstick > you.

I wish I could vote in the Poll but smashboards is being a lil b itch and not letting me do so, or edit any posts.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
it won't let me vote, whenever i try, it says page cannot be displayed. never happened before, but just so you all know, i vote gamecube controller.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I'll definitely be using the GC controller, but I do want to try out all the other methods for fun.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Oy, it won't let me vote either, I just get a blank page.

As for me, I'll be using the good ol' wavebird. I'll probably experiment with the wiimote/nunchuck combo once, maybe more if I like it. But as it stands now, I agree with Dylan_Tnga.

GC Wavebird > me

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Ah, nothing is working, i can't eve edit my signature and DRD made one for me... = (

On topic, gamecube controller, because it would seem with the wiimote and wiimoth w/ nunchuk i would have to completely start over on how to play.... kinda.

Fastinyoh

Smash Apprentice
So nobody else notices a lag while using wavebirds?

I'll try hard to use the wiimote/nunchuk before going back to gcn controller.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
All of you using wavebird: don't you find a bit of lag compared to wired controllers?

My friends and I have stopped using them because we seem to notice that they lag behind a wired controller by 1 or 2 frames.
It's all in your head. There's no lag from them at all. I'd still be using mine if not for the fact the Control stick wore out :/

Top Bottom