• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Character *AFTER LAUNCH*

Koga

Smash Journeyman
I like the way wario and Fox play, But i can't seem to get priority with fox, so i'll have to work on him a little bit

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Before the game was released, I had my eyes on Lucario, Wolf, and Falco. The first five days of having the game was fun because I familiarized myself with every character to get a feel for each one. Now after playing 8 days straight, 6 hours a day I am closing in on who I'm liking the most. I'm really liking Sheik and Falco. Their playstyles just fit how I play.

I've played about 75 matches With Anyone online and I've seen about 2 Sheiks and 5 Falcos. I like that even more. Yeah, Red Sheik for the win! (With some Blood Falcon on the side)

Fox Rox

Smash Apprentice
I was going to just stick with Samus, but...

Samus' missiles suuuuuccckkk now

Jugglypuff down+b and side+b only hits up now >=(

But, I have found that I like bowser a lot more :D

Zevox

Smash Lord
Lucas is my primary main. I was quite surprised by how much I like him, but when something is that fun, I don't fight it.

After him, I recently decided on King Dedede as a second main. Again, surprised I like him so much, but I do. Plus springing that chain grab on people online is just too much fun.

Still trying to decide who after them. I was a Marth main in Melee, and still like him a lot, so hes one I'm loath to give up. But I'm also playing and loving Ike, whose sheer power is amazing, and the speed of a few of his attacks is very impressive for their power. Then theres also Sonic, who I truly want to main and truly enjoy playing as, but I just can't seem to get used to his lack of kill moves. Guess I'll see how things pan out from there.

Zevox

Rufeo

Smash Cadet
My main is still fox. Didn't really like him at first but it was all good once I got used to him. Pit was my second choice but he got replaced by wolf once I unlocked him. I was also looking forward to playing as Cpt. Falcon again but I don't like how he feels in this one.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Melee mains in order:-Jiggs -> Peach -> Ness

Brawl mains in order: Wario -> Dedede = Jiggs

Jiggs is still my personal favorite, but apparently she is lowest tier :( I am content with her being average but low is disheartening. My wario plays similar to my old Jigglypuff with the hit and run aerials, the fart ~ rest, bike recovery ~ pound/roll out, and similar fsmashes =). Dedede is just too much fun, I found him to be my spammer and chain grabber, I guess he was my peach replacement. Ness... I would continue to use him because he appears to have been buffed in numerous aspects but the lack of his DJC seems to destory him in my opinion, I will try him again maybe.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I actually play far more than I had intended. O_o

Though I will break them down into frequency:

Mainly used:
- Toon Link
- Ganondorf
- Pokemon Trainer
- Lucas
- Zero Suit Samus

Secondarily Used:
- Zelda
- Olimar
- Ice Climbers
- R.O.B.

Used Randomly instead of the above:
- Peach
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Marth
- Luigi
- Sonic
- Snake

I had intent on playing Pit, but I don't really care for him after getting and using all the other characters.

Peach, Luigi, Sonic, Snake and Marth are used when I feel like doing something different, since I play the first 5 a LOT.

The secondary characters I use a lot too, but not as much as the others.

It's weird, I had no expectations of using much of the cast, but I find myself actually liking almost the whole thing. I hate Star Fox and the characters, but I actually even like playing them!

D:

I need to change my sig now too.

Tajem

Smash Apprentice
I loved Marth in Melee. I still like him in Brawl, but I kinda went with the whole 'try someone new' thing.

I found that I really enjoy Lucario. The fact that he just keeps getting more dangerous as he's damaged appeals to me.

I also play a pretty mean Fox this time around. But he's not entirely new, soo.. :D

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
I'm playing a lot of Link and Toon Link, obviously,and I'm liking Ike a lot. Lucas isn't half bad either, but I'm not very good with ZSS, Lucario or Snake, but I intend to get better.

...Oh, yeah, and Sonic is ridiculously fast.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Everyone I've played as against Marth is relatively beastly, but he's not the unstoppable killing machine he was in Melee.

Still, I think he's probably the highest tier. R.O.B. is also reeeeaally high to me, except that he needs a lot of good timing to fight fast characters with high priority like Diddy and Falco (Fox is actually okay). Wolf is just a beast and his moves tend to be unpredictable. His blaster is also quite safe to use, even if the opponent approaches as you're doing it thanks to the bayonet on its end. He's also got massive priority, excellent aerials, and little ground lag on everything but his fair and dair (his dair isn't used much above ground anyway). He's also really high up. Of course, the usual Pit and Metaknight. Ike has potentially to be extremely good, as does Snake (his minegames are absolutely table-turning sometimes). I feel like Sonic might have potential, but his game is far too shallow to be really effective, and he can be found out really easily if the player isn't absolutely taking advantage of Sonic's ground speed. (foward+b/down+b, cancel into aerials, lather rinse repeat). Diddy's game is greatly boosted by those gorramn bananas, although they diminish quite a bit once the opponent starts using them against him (it's quite funny turning the slipfest around on Diddy players online, who've probably never experienced it before).

All in all, I'm seeing a lot of top-tier material, the vast majority of mid-tier material, and few in th junk pile that are just too weak in several aspects to be worth it (I'm mostly thinking Link in the latest category).

P.S. How could I forget about Toon Link! Oh Jesus, he's amazing. His aerials are so quick and powerful, his boomerang is a billion times better than regular Link's, his arrows are sooooo spammable, and his bombs look reaaaally cool. His dair is no longer the killer it once was (sigh), but it makes up for it with speed and a cool wind-splash effect that keeps enemies away from his if he misses the ground plant (think Yoshi's down+B stars without the damage).

I've also been trying out Ganondorf and Bowser, although I'm sure they'll be near the bottom of the mid-tier list. Bowser's new throw is just a heckuvalot of fun to play, and Ganondorf is a great tech chaser until your opponent realizes what you're doing. Fun stuff.

Seabass

Smash Rookie
I have:

Fox
Sonic
Wolf
R.O.B
Marth
Snake
Metaknight

I mostly play as Snake and Metaknight though

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I'm liking all the characters I thought I wouldn't.

Mains:
Meta Knight
Lucario
Toon Link

Fun:
Wolf
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Pit
Jigglypuff
Bowser

Although there's a lot of lag now, I'm really liking Brawl (as much as I suck).

limitbreak

Smash Ace
King Dedede before and after launch. I also thought Snake was bad *** but after playing with him for a week or so, he just isnt for me. What a shame.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I've jumped around a ton over the past week, but as I've gotten a better feel for the game, I think I've found a few characters to stick with for the long run.

Previously, I was a Bowser / Link main, which still holds true in Brawl. I enjoy playing as Bowser even moreso now, and Toon Link is my favorite incarnation of the character (Wind Waker is my favorite TLoZ). Hence, I am now a Bowser / Toon Link mainer.

I've dabbled a bit into pretty much all of the characters, and I also enjoy playing as King Dedede, Sonic, and Ike. One of my two friends that I Brawl with often mains Snake / Captain Falcon. The other uses Ike and Marth.

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
I had this huge list of hopefuls. Link (main since day one), Pit, Meta-knight, Ike, DeDeDe, Bowser, Lucario...

but it's narrowed to Pit mainly, DeDeDe for a match or two, Ike for a relaxing win in FFA then the random button, at that point I'm used to the friend's styles im playing and i can use everyone decently enough, if not effectively.

I'm still perplexed by Pit's upward launch from his down-air. I keep treating it as a spike ><

Liquidus

Smash Rookie
I was surprised to find how good Ness was, and he's probably going to be my character.

xxhyosukexx

Smash Apprentice
r.o.b.
wooooo r.o.b.
but seriously,two projectiles,great smashes and one of(if not THE) best recovers in the game.
giggity.

also liking sonic alot,despite lack of kill moves.

rove

Smash Apprentice
I always new fox would be my main, and hes been my main since ssb.
My co-main is now toon link because hes really good, and to me, better then adult link.
And a character I like to play just for fun is King Dedede!
Its just hilarious when you own somebody with him.

aznboi92

Smash Rookie
ive narrowed my mains down to pk trainer, ddd, and marth

ddd- for powerhouse and chaingrabbing, but i probably wont use ddd agaisnt a luigi cz i cant chaingrab him D: slides too much even though he can be infinted (hell yeah thats a word now D:)

pk trainer- for the variety agaisnt many chars

marth- cz shd f-air is fun

i tried sonic, but did not like the low priority :( i kept getting killed by diddy kongs and ikes

jawnjawn

Smash Rookie
I've been maining Ike for a while just cause of his sheer power. But it seems like everyone uses him, so I'm trying to pick up someone else. P. Trainer has been appealing to me lately, I might just make him my main because of the variety he has.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
After playing for a bit with every character. So far I like these characters.

Sonic. Because I love the way he moves, and I love his options for recovery, and the fact that he can still attack after his up+B. And he is a very good hit and run character. Something that I like alot.
Lucario. I really like his moveset. It just feels easy to use him, and I like how he can wall cling and crawl and wall jump. And I really like the fact that he does more damage the more % he has on him. He seems to fit my playstyle really well.
Kirby. I was a kirby main in 64. His moveset seems the most familiar to me. I like that he has a spike and good smashes with good aerials, and good combos.
Metaknight: I like his lighting quick attacks. And his whole moveset is great. He was the first one I played as in Brawl.
Link: I mained Link in Melee. I really like his projectiles alot more in this game. He still seems kind of familiar to me. The only thing I dont like is his poor recovery options.
PT: Im starting to like using Charizard especially, but I do like Ivysaur and squirtle as well. I love the fact of being 3 for 1.

GreenFX

Smash Rookie
Was planning on going Lucas, just for Mother3 lurve.

turns out... Bowser is my guy. so many upgrades from melee...he's ridiculous. if ever a tier is created i don't think he'd be on the bottom this time around.

FoolyCoolyGamer

Smash Cadet
Well, after launch, my current roster is Lucas. I'm surprised at how good he is. His attacks do some pretty good damage, and he's got some range in his moves(especially his uptilt and UpAsmash move)which make for some pretty cool counters. His DashA attack is good for a launch to follow up with an Uair)

Samus, of course, is another main of mine. Her projectiles still make great use for her long range game(even if her charge beam was nerfed a little). But it also seems that her smash attacks have been given a bit of a boost. Since her Dsmash can hit both sides now, it's got good sweeping range, and can hit anyone out of the air. Her screw attack seems to do more damage than it did in melee, which is excellent. Her tackle is really great to finish off someone, and her grab is still one of the best in the game.

Diddy Kong plays out very well. He's fast, which makes it very easy for him to dodge attacks. Though he doesn't have alot of power, he makes up for it in confusing the opponent and his insane air game. His upsmash makes for a great counter and a combo starter as well.

Finally, we get down to my favorite of any character, Zero Suit Samus. I LOVE playing as her! She's just really awesome. Her paralyzer makes for excellent combo starters and juggle finishes, as her Uair can send enemies flying up in just a short few seconds. Her ForwardB move is fantastic to use for finishing off someone or catching people off guard in the middle of a fight. I can't forget to mention the terrific range she has on that move, and her range in attacks as well. Her Dtilt and Utilt are perfect for getting into combos with, and her Bair seals the deal when it comes to KOs.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Some of my characters I'd use were obvious. I knew going in that I'd be a Falco fan, I'd use Pit and Metaknight well, and I'd dominate with Wolf. It pretty much pans out that way too. However, there have certainly been surprises for me:

SURPRISES (in order of shock magnitude):

4. Ike- After hearing how slow he was from other players in Japan I was a bit skeptical of the guy. However, while he lacks incredible combo potential, his attacks HURT, and in timed battles I find that the Ike user never loses.

3. Sonic- Once again, I was influenced by Japan users. I saw in every youtube video he was in that Sonic was usually the n00b character that couldn't put up a fight even with the worst of them. Thank God those fears were unconfirmed. He has good aerials and decent combo potential--I guess those online videos just weren't using him correctly.

2. Diddy Kong- A fast fighter that I think flew a little under the radar due to other high profile names. He's got good range, good speed, and a decent amount of KO moves that include a powerful aerial move list.

1. Lucas- Biggest shocker by far. Who knew this guy would be so good? His smash up A move is one of the best in the game, and his B moves have good variety.

Kinsei_Kensei

Smash Apprentice
My previous main was Fox and Falco. I was going to add Wolf to that list but then I actually played as them. So I changed to....

Pit: I've mained Pit since I discovered I wasn't as kick a$$ with Fox as I used to be. His playing style really works for me. Good long range attack, nice hand-to-hand, great deflection, and of coarse, amazing recovery. The ONLY thing I don't like about him really is his american voice. But can look beyond that....

Zamus: I've mained her since I discovered that its not a good idea toi main just one person. She really fun to play with. I hate her FS (not only is it really shorty range but I suck as Power-suit Samus) but I tend to play with Smash balls off. Even though I'm better with Pit, I usually play as Zamus just for her playing style.

I still main the Spacies in a way but only in SSE. Oddly enough, I suck with Pit in SSE. I still kick butt with Zamus....

Top Bottom