• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Character *AFTER LAUNCH*

Veng

Smash Ace
I really wanted to make one of these to see your opinions on who is the best character/favourite character AFTER THE LAUNCH. Now that you have had a chance to play with them.

THIS IS NOT A TIER LIST STOP ASKING.

In my opinion, I like Pit, but im starting to see flaws, so right now im undecided.

Pretty In Pink

Smash Cadet
Peach. I will never change my main. Peach = awesome and I'm probably the only person on WiFi using her. XD

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
I am a huge Marth fan stemming from the very first day I got Melee. I play Pit as a backup and for fun, he is actually rather good.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I've got six:

Wolf
Falco
R.O.B.
Sonic
Ness
Lucas

I think I'll end up maining Wolf or Falco in the end, but it might change sometime.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Snake is so frikin' badass. And I co-main PT, something I never thought I would do.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Well, Ike was my man pre-launch. Don't get me wrong, he's still fun to play and punishes my friends who aren't as experienced as I am easily.

But I'm adapting to Marth's new moves and I'm liking him so far. Sonic's taking a bit of getting used to, but I love the way he plays. Wolf is fantastic and currently is tied with Ike for my favorite character. I use Falco on the side since he was my old main.

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link as you can see. Lucas as a secondary, and Snake for fun. I also sometimes use Falco because he's my favourite character and my old Melee main.

BOTA

Smash Apprentice
i really link toon link and link, but learning to get good with marth cause hes so badass

Rash

Smash Ace
I like Samus, Lucario, Meta Knight, and Snake.

Although, to be honest, every character who was on the lower end in Melee has been improved significantly in this game, so it's become a lot harder to pick favorites.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Toon Link and Ike are two newcomers that have really caught my attention. Especially Toon Link. He's awesome.

I also really like Luigi, but I expected that. XD

Dante X

Smash Apprentice
Man, I've got a bunch:

Marth
Link
Ike
Kirby
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Toon Link
Pit

Currently I mostly play Marth and Link, but who knows what will happen with this list.

Jiggy.

Smash Rookie
I "discovered" Zamus last night with some friends, I played around with her and basically owned everyone with her whip, and now she's my new main! yay!

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I wanted to try Ike at first and he did not disappoint.

Ike all the way!

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
So far it's Snake & Luigi, but that could easily increase. The more I play with each character the more I find something I like about them.

link026

Smash Rookie
i really link toon link and link, but learning to get good with marth cause hes so badass
Marth, a badass? Please tell me you are joking. He is the girliest man of all.

Wolf is the badass of Brawl and don't you deny it.

Anyway, before launch I wanted to play Ike, and now I still am. But one character who I thouht I would NEVER play is Lucas, and I love to use him now! (Also I play Wolf on the side)

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
Where is the love for Captain?

He is still Falcon, the scarf isn't that bad
He doesn't dominate like he once did, but I've adapted my play to be a bit more defensive and I've been doing fine with him

Patinator

Smash Champion
Meta Main

Falco and Lucario Secondary... And Im contemplating screwing around with Zamus
I see what you did there...

Pre launch: Wolf, Falcon, and Ganondorf, with all the other characters I liked as secondaries. This means, excluding Olimar, Jigglypuff, Kirby, King Dedede, Diddy and Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers, Toon Link, Ness, Lucas, Peach, Zelda/Sheik, Yoshi, and Mr. Game and Watch.

After launch: Wolf, with Falcon, Ganondorf, Lucario, and Pikachu as secondaries. Look, I was great in Melee as Falcon and Ganondorf, and I'm better with Wolf tenfold! Plus, my sig... :p

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
I like Sonic a lot, and I wasn't expecting it AT ALL.

I figured I would like Diddy Kong along with my old main Captain Falcon, but it isn't so. C. Falcon is still the man, but I don't like how they nerfed him.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Well before launche I wanted to play alot of Meta Knight and Mario and just about every other character

However after time with the game... Im going with Ike and Marth

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I REALLY like Diddy Kong.
Like, a LOT.

Diddy is amazing.

Wowies.

Also, I actually don't suck with Ike and I love him! *hugs Ike* ILU, Ike! I like Ike!

...Yeah. *ends fangirlism*

EDIT: Oh yeah. I also love playing as Snake--I adore his moveset, and he packs a punch, and is just so fun. Tasty!

I wanna give Toon Link and Wolf a spin because it looks like I'd like them, but I actually have yet to unlock them.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
i really, REALLY a, impressed with the way ROB plays, he truly has a devastating moveset, not to mention an incredible recovery. the same goes wario, he is much better than i expected!

Kietharr

Smash Cadet
Main: Snake, amazingly well rounded character though the lack of proper smash attacks make him unpopular. He's the third heaviest character in the game (after Bowser and DK), has the second best heavy recovery, has the most powerful ranged weaponry as well as having a pretty decent close combat game and a spiking air move.

Secondaries:
Toon Link (fun to play, lots of combos)
Wolf (Very easy to play, good for relaxing while owning, also respectably durable)
Dedede (Hardest to kill character in the history of SSB, has nearly inescapable chain grab)
Pikachu (It's weird because I've hated this rat since the first smash, but he seems so much better in this one)

Top Bottom