• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link Social

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey Young Link players! The Nintendo Game of the Week Thread is talking about the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time this week.

Considering its Young Link's debut game, I thought you guys might be interested.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Left Switch at family member's garage. Visiting in the next week or so to help with some stuff. If I get a minute, I might have a go at maining Young Link. I recall playing him quite a bit in Melee.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Left Switch at family member's garage. Visiting in the next week or so to help with some stuff. If I get a minute, I might have a go at maining Young Link. I recall playing him quite a bit in Melee.
From what ive heard he and toon link play pretty much how they did in Meele/ Brawl respectivly!

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
From what ive heard he and toon link play pretty much how they did in Meele/ Brawl respectivly!
I've used Young Link in Ultimate, just not thoroughly. And yeah I recall him, feeling pretty similar to how he did in Melee.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I played Young Link in tournaments for years. He can be a lot of fun but be aware he's a very technical character while currently not even being a top 30 character. You have to work hard at him but would have better MUs with someone like ROB or Snake. With that said, he can be a good counterpick character if you also have a secondary for his bad MUs. He does well vs several characters who give a lot of the cast trouble like Peach, Diddy Kong, the rats, Sheik and Sonic.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
How do his bad matchups do against Marth? He's always been my universal main across every Smash besides 64.

Rizen

Smash Legend
How do his bad matchups do against Marth? He's always been my universal main across every Smash besides 64.
IMO YL loses to Marth -1. The main thing YL struggles with are big disjoints on characters with good mobility. YL's mobility is real middle of the cast; it's not bad but not good either. This makes him do poorly in disadvantage vs swordies.

In my experience YL's matchups go like this:
+2
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ulticeclimbers::ultlittlemac:
+1
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultlink::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultridley::ultryu::ultken::ultrichter::ultwiifittrainer::ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultpiranha::ultswordfighter::ultsheik:
Even
:ultbanjokazooie::ultbyleth::ultfalcon::ultdoc::ultfox::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkazuya::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpokemontrainer::ultrob::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsephiroth::ultsamus::ultsonic::ult_terry::ultvillager::ultwario::ultzss:
:ultcorrin::ultfalco::ultike::ultjoker::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultness::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultwolf::ultmario:
:ultcloud::ulthero::ultpyra::ultmythra:
If you don't see a character it's because I didn't play them enough to form an opinion.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Alright been playing him a couple of days, I definitely need to get my hand speed up. Getting the hang of B reverse arrows.

Top Bottom