• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You think Bowser will be competitively banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
From whats being shown Bowser is fast and powerful. It seems Bowser may be overpowered to na extent.

I have the nagging feeling, and well see if im right, that hes gonna be on the banned list

PhlipDarkRiot

Smash Rookie
NNID
PhlipDarkRiot
We haven't seen his attack speed become too drastic either. Running fast isn't gonna fix that, Sonic will tell ya lol.

Hong

The Strongest
I know people just want to generate speculation, but there is really absolutely 0% information on how good each character will be right now and this is a bit silly. The game still has another year of development, and now we actually have staff that has designed fighters before. What is more is that our venerated director has specifically said he will have his staff dictate character balance. Of course, having perfect balance in a game with a diverse cast is impossible, but not to the extent where characters will be banned. Clearly the gap between slow and fast has been too great prior, and from what we have seen and what has been suggestion, "slow" is a lot less slow.

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
I know people just want to generate speculation, but there is really absolutely 0% information on how good each character will be right now and this is a bit silly. The game still has another year of development, and now we actually have staff that has designed fighters before. What is more is that our venerated director has specifically said he will have his staff dictate character balance. Of course, having perfect balance in a game with a diverse cast is impossible, but not to the extent where characters will be banned. Clearly the gap between slow and fast has been too great prior, and from what we have seen and what has been suggestion, "slow" is a lot less slow.
This ^

Also, what you should have said was "Do you this Bowser will be OP in this game?". It's possible, but waaaay too early to tell. Even if Bowser was ban worthy we probably wouldn't ban him. I mean, MK was banned for a bit but I've had showers that lasted longer than that lol. Characters aren't typically banned in Smash, not in the official tourneys at least.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
As it's been said, there's too little info to tell. But in the event he is so broken that he'd need to be banned, I would be sad. But it just means I'd use the ol' Captain for tournaments instead.

Crimson Wolf

Smash Cadet
I somehow doubt that, I'm sure he will still have at least some parts of his moveset that will remain plenty sluggish, but no matter what, I greatly appreciate this improvement. I like using the big fella, he just is so easy to overwhelm when sooo slow, so better movement will be most welcome. :3

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sakurai described Bowser as 'a pretty powerful character'. Which is something you might take with a grain of salt. Then again, I remember seeing on the site of the original Smash Bros that they described Pikachu as 'probably one of the strongest fighters around'. And he was top tier in that game. So... :rolleyes:

Hong

The Strongest
Actually, if you turn it up and hear the Japanese before it is translated, Bowser being powerful is in the same way Ike or Ganondorf is powerful; just general physical strength.
I somehow doubt that, I'm sure he will still have at least some parts of his moveset that will remain plenty sluggish, but no matter what, I greatly appreciate this improvement. I like using the big fella, he just is so easy to overwhelm when sooo slow, so better movement will be most welcome. :3
Do you just hate my retinas?

Hong

The Strongest
Ha ha. I was just saying your font is a bit hard on my eyes.

Crimson Wolf

Smash Cadet
Well, "crimson" is kind of my thing, but I suppose I could go for a change of pace entirely. This might sound like a funny choice, but I really like the colour purple. Specifically midnight purple, so I may change to that once I find a good hex code for that. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Actually, if you turn it up and hear the Japanese before it is translated, Bowser being powerful is in the same way Ike or Ganondorf is powerful; just general physical strength.Do you just hate my retinas?

But it was stated that since he's strong, and has quicker attacks he's overall a pretyt powerful character.

Crimson Wolf

Smash Cadet
Wooow, you have well over 11,000 posts on these forums. ^.^ And a member for over eight and a half years, good on ya! :D

But yeah, so anxious to try out Bowser in Smash Bros. 4, I always really wanted to use the character...but he has been too damned slow to be of much use... @_@

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seeing Gimpyfish wreck havoc with an actual High Tier Bowser IS something I'd like to see though.

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
LOLno. Bowser NEEDED these buffs.
I totally agree. I don't know a single person in either Melee or Brawl that used him (not because he isn't cool, because lets be honest, he's a giant turtle monster and that's awesome haha) just because his attacks and his movement speed were too slow to keep up with like...anybody.

He needed a reworking. I like his new look too, along with his buffs!

Sakurai described Bowser as 'a pretty powerful character'. Which is something you might take with a grain of salt. Then again, I remember seeing on the site of the original Smash Bros that they described Pikachu as 'probably one of the strongest fighters around'. And he was top tier in that game. So... :rolleyes:

Pikachu was soooo ridiculous...

but I think Smash is actually a pretty balanced game all things considered. If you're good enough, there's not really any one character that can demolish everyone. A lot of it depends on who's using said person. You're probably right about taking it with a grain of salt though

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
hahahahahahahahaha is this seriously a thread

<3

Best thing about Brawl was Bowser's side-b glitch. Mmmmmmmmm flying Bowser!

Edit: Oops, I have to contribute. Ummmmm, Bowser's stance says enough as it is. Obviously before, Bowser was struggling to layoff eating excess goombas. Now that Wii Fit Trainer is in the game, clearly his posture and his appetite are now much improved. Wait a minute...

Wii Fit Trainer is now the subject of his desires? Only time will tell. Perhaps he means to prove himself in SSB4 to win her over.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Given how much we know about Smash 4, I don't think there is much reason to ask this at all. I mean, we've barely seen a percentage of what Smash 4 is going to show. Also, There's tons of time before the release date, so I don't see the point of speculating like this.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
In all SSB games only 1 character has ever been banned which is Meta knight and he's still legal in a fair amount of tournaments. I find it hard to believe that Bowser, the two time reigning champion of the low tiers, could ever top brawl Meta Knight let alone match him.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
He might be highish tier. Like Dedede. But no way he's going to be overpowered just because he's a little quicker.
He was always underpowered before and having more height will be a disadvantage as it makes him a bigger target for aerial attacks. My Marth would have a field day with the new bowser.

please stop replying to this post
Okay.

Hong

The Strongest
No. This thread must live on so that, a year down the road, when we cry "DROPKICK IMBA", we can worship OP as an oracle.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
From whats being shown Bowser is fast and powerful. It seems Bowser may be overpowered to na extent.

I have the nagging feeling, and well see if im right, that hes gonna be on the banned list
Yes there is absolutely no doubt about it. The same in regards to Charizard, not PT in general but Charizard in particular. So make sure you don't die while playing Ivysaur.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Kinda hoping Bowser is OP this samsh bros, be a welcome change from being bottom of the bottom two games running...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I doubt that the changes to Bowser will make him overpowered. By the time the game is out, chances are, he'll be balanced out.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Bowser NEEDED those buffs. From playing him in Melee/Brawl, I can see how much of a struggle it was for him to beat specific characters. He might jump to B-tier at least judging by the possibility of 45-50 characters.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Sakurai said that there are going to be the same amount of characters, so it is 39 total. Not 45-50.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said that there are going to be the same amount of characters, so it is 39 total. Not 45-50.
Don't make up quotes. If he had said this, everyone would know and the forums would be in uproar.
And as for the OP, there's almost no way in hell these buffs will go that far. Bowser would be and has been trash without them.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I just checked it online and, it turns out I read it wrong. I thought it was gonna be the same as brawl, but it turns out it is just gonna be the same between the Wii U and 3DS (which shouldn't really be news now). My bad people:psycho:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom