• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get to pick the final 6 unique newcomers to be added. Who do you choose?

Would you try to use the Smash Ballot if you got to decide the last newcomers?

• Total voters

Barbasol

Smash Ace
(Tbh I doubt we're gonna get an additional six, but here goes!)

My Personal Choice:
1. Skull Kid
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Andy (Advance Wars)
4. Ray Mk III/01 (Custom Robo)
5. Tails
6. Master Chief (Sue me.)

My For-the-Greater-Good Choice:
1. Skull Kid
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Geno
4. Isaac
5. Andy
6. Ray Mk III

This final roster rounds out a few classic fan requests along with supporting no less than 5 new Nintendo franchises.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Purely personal preference:

Banjo-Kazooie
Geno
Isaac
Skull Kid
Shantae
Insert other third-party here (Lloyd, Rayman, Heihachi, etc.)

For a more realistic list, swap out Shantae and the other third-party for two more first-parties, I'll go with Tapu Koko and Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
This is composed for well roundedness, not personal bias.

1. Skull Kid, fan demanded Zelda character for years with a striking design that would bring fantastic moveset potential into the roster.
2. Dixie Kong, fan demanded and final addition to complete the DK roster. She is one of the very important females left to include in SSB.
3. Giygas/Giegue, chosen over Porky and Claus for being such an iconic and well known final boss in Earthbound. Nearly all gamers know Giygas.
4. Black Shadow, the last villain necessary to complete the original N64 cast's counterparts.
5. Isaac is due the honor, would bring an amazing light and earth themed moveset into SSB. Fan demanded hype material and best choice for sword user.
6. Travis Touchdown, odd choice akin to Snake and Bayonetta that comes from a mature yet quirky game. This is the wtf character with fans.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong
Bandana Dee
Geno
Isaac
Skull Kid
Pokemon Rep (Alolan Pokemon Trainer or Decidueye)

I think this is what most people want / expect, the first five are the most requested according to the support threads here...
Although, 6 seems a lot, I expect 4 more unique newcomers at most, so in this case I would take Dixie as an Echo and put the Pokemon Rep as DLC...

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
1. Isaac
- An incredibly unique character and nostalgic for me personally
2. Skull Kid
- See reasoning above
3. Geno
- A classic and popular pick, and one of the coolest designs ever.
4. Ray 01
- Personal choice #1 is Ray 01. After playing Custom Robo on GC, I would die to see him playable.
5. Banjo/Kazooie
- One of the last third parties that repped the N64 in a major way.
6. KOS-MOS
- Personal pick #2. I always loved her design, and I think it would be amazing to have a character type like her in Smash.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Hmm.. so much responsibility!
Let's see, I think I'd go with
1. Skull Kid/Tetra/Girahim (whichever is more popular)
2. Elma/Rex (again, whichever is more popular)
3. Sans (yes, I do think he'd fit in wonderfully)
4. Waluigi Geno (I don't personally care for him, but he does deserve a spot)
5. Whichever wacky character that has the most votes (C. Rainbow/Chorus Kids/Karate Joe/Paper Mario/Viewtiful Joe/Phoenix Wright/etc.)

Standlord

Smash Cadet
1. Isaac
2. Skull Kid
3. Geno
4. Monster Hunter
5. Xenoblade (Elma preferably)
6. Pokemon (Decidueye preferably)

I think these are the most deserving at this point (Geno arguably, but he is popular). I'd leave other popular characters for DLC or elaborated echoes.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
  1. Shantae
  2. Skull Kid
  3. Jill Valentine
  4. Doomguy
  5. Banjo-Kazooie
  6. Dr. Coyle (you know ARMS is gonna be in Smash one day and if there's anyone I want from there, it's Coyle. She looks awesome)

aarchak

Smash Ace
  1. Geno (very popular, nice pick)
  2. Banjo-Kazooie (an N64 classic)
  3. Elma (my favorite)
  4. Lycanroc (Has strong unique moveset potential)
  5. Hector (I want another FE rep, just one without a sword)
  6. Lloyd (The second Namco rep to close the deal)

ZelDan

Smash Master
Isaac (most wanted)
Elma
Geno
Masterchief (pipe dream character)
Shovel Knight (assist trophies be damned, Imma set Shovel Knight free)
Lyndis (same with SK, and no, I don't care about FE having too much reps)

Last edited:

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Isaac
Banjo and Kazooie
Bandana Waddle Dee
Geno
Chorus Kids
Andy

Rayman
Incineroar
Banjo and Kazooie
Shadow
Impa
Skull Kid

If I could choose the DLC...

Dovahkin
Doom Slayer
(Both as a Bethesda pack)
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Agumon

Last edited:

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
If I got to pick, I'd base it like... half on personal preference and half on fan wants, so
1. Shantae - 'cause she's my most wanted at this point, was probably popular in the ballot, and would mean a fair bit getting in
2. Wonder Red - He's the one I remember voting for in the ballot! Another Wii U rep, because that console existed, right? Right? That console existed, right? Man I hope Tables Turn is at least in the tracks in Ultimate ;~;
3. Sora - KH is one of my favourite series of all time and Sora in KH2 plays like a dream, so there's plenty for movesets and stuff. Also he could bring along some rad music, or at least he would in a perfect world.

And on the fan wants:
4. Bandana Dee - He's kinda the one member of the main 4 kirby characters that isn't in yet, and he'd be kinda fun to see I think.
5. Geno - Because people have been asking for him since brawl.
6. Isaac - Honestly I don't really get Isaac or Geno, but people want them so they must have some cool stuff.

And the honourable mention
Travis Touchdown - He's #4 on my list of big wants, but I figure if I was choosing 6, I'd be going with half selfish picks and half things the fans want. I'd still be super hyped if he got in tho.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
While I see 6 as a plausible number for newcomers, I wouldn't expect all of them to be completely unique, so I'm just going to go with this arrangement:

1) Isaac (Golden Sun)

Isaac just makes a ton of sense to be the next big character, he's a crowd pleaser in terms of character requests, he has moveset potential, he reps a very underrepresented series and his inclusion and the newfound exposure for Golden Sun could lead to more confidence in Nintendo and/or Camelot to revive the series.

Needless to say, he would be the biggest remaining no-brainer inclusion, if it were up to me.

2) Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles)

That is of course if I, in this dream scenario had enough insight in XC2's development to have enough material for them to work as Smash fighters.

I just love XC2, so this is largely personal bias, but the success of the game and Xenoblade's steady rise as a franchise would be more then enough justification to have both them and Elma in the game and that's not even going into their moveset potential.

3) Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)

Personal bias, but since the west already got Simon as it's highly requested third party character, she would make for an excellent Japan counterpart. It helps that she does have a western following and the localization of Puyo Puyo Tetris did it's part to give the series a larger western presence then ever before.

4) Kat & Ana (Wario) (Ice Climbers semi-clones)

Wario is overdue for more content in general and the Ninja Twins have even had a presence in Smash before, It's possible that they might not quite work as straight up Echos, but I can easily see them work as semi-clones, with the neutral and down specials, as well as their Final Smash, changed or adjusted in a way that fits them and the hammer based attacks getting converted to sword based ones, that still work in a similar enough fashion.

5) Ninten (Mother) (Ness Echo)

An easy Echo to make, he rounds out the Mother representation very nicely and plenty people like the idea, so why not?

6) Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog) (Sonic Echo)

I'm willing to bet that he's in Ultimate as is, because he is just one of the most natural and obvious Echo choices.

Last edited:
Crash Bandicoot
- A big fish who would be a fun addition, I 'd be keen to see how he'd function in Smash and think he has a lot of positives overall.

Geno
- No brainer, in demand, acknowledged by fans and Sakurai alike.

Banjo Kazooie
- Another love letter to the 90's platfomer era, nostalgic, has ties to Nintendo and their moveset pretty much writes itself.

Issac
- Another popular request from an underrated and forgotten series. Lots of potential.

Rex/Pyra/Other Xenoblade character
- I just think the series is due for more representation.

Cranky Kong
- Wildcard pick, can be a quirky edition and having the classic DK join the fray opens up some neat possibilities moveset-wise, plus the narrative of Cranky one upping DK again, this time in Smash would be funny.

HM: Dixie Kong, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, Rayman

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
If I had free reign on picking the remaining newcomers I would choose:

1.) Geno - Easily my most wanted character. Loved Super Mario RPG growing up and I've wanted him since Brawl
2.) Banjo Kazooie - This is another series I loved growing up. I think they fit so perfectly.
3.) Isaac - He's another very popular pick, never got through Golden Sun, but his moveset could be very unique
4.) Skull Kid - Legend of Zelda is likely my favourite series of all time. Skull Kid could have a unique moveset as well
5.) Dixie Kong - If I had free reign, Dixie would be a unique fighter and not an echo. I think she has the most history of remaining characters not in the game.
6.) Bandana Dee - Strictly for the fans, although having a spear user would be awesome

HM: Had Krystal not been an AT, she would have made this list

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
only characters who haven't been deconfirmed:

Onix
Plok
Muddy Mole
Jill (Drill Dozer)
Excitebiker
Crash Bandicoot

only one popular request here.

my list including deconfirmed characters is a little different, but still only includes one popular request:

Waluigi
Kumatora
Tingle
Muddy Mole
Onix
Jill (Drill Dozer)

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
In an ideal world we'd get:
-Isaac
-Phoenix Wright
-Advance wars rep
-Monster Hunter
-Elma
-Rex & Pyra

But most of these, despite being more deserving IPs, get pushed to the side by people who want obscure and forgettable one-off characters on oversaturated franchises like mario/zelda/pokemon god knows why.

Last edited:

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
1 - Captain Toad
2 - Bandana Dee
3 - Isaac
4 - Skull Kid
5 - Geno
6 - Rayman

Captain Toad's more a fan choice for me, I know we already have a lot of Mario reps so if anything I'd switch Cap out for Banjo-Kazooie to satisfy more fans. As far as Echos go; Dixie Kong, Shadow, Isabelle, Ken, Octoling, and a little bonus/fan favorite for me would have to be Yarn Yoshi.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
1) Andy
2) Isaac
3) Crash
4) Banjo & Kazooie
5) Elma
6) Mike Jones

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
1.) Banjo-Kazooie
2.) Travis Touchdown
3.) Golispod
4.) Rex & Pyra
5.) Geno
6.) Steve from minecraft

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1) Dixie Kong
2) Isaac
3) Impa
4) Skull Kid
5) Celica
6) Banjo-Kazooie

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
Sora
Roxas
Persona 5's Joker
Addam (don't know why I'm so drawn to this character)
Shantae
Neku

XigmunGothar

Smash Cadet
1. Banjo-Kazooie - love them and their games give them a great moveset
2. Paper Mario - very different from Mario
3. Skull Kid - weird mask powers
4. Rayman - super disjointed hitboxes...? :)
5. Bandana Waddle Dee - need a spear fighter
Geno would be great, but I'd actually rather vote for the newer Mario Bros. RPGs' FAWFUL. He's insane, but could be kinda goofy-fun in a different way than say Bowser Jr.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Mine would have a tinge of personal bias while also using the ballot for the choices.

My 6 would be:
1. Isaac
2. Geno
3. Paper Mario
4. Shantae
5. Karate Joe
6. Banjo & Kazooie

Last edited:

Royaru

Smash Cadet
Personal picks
1.Elma
2. Isaac
3. Skull Kid
4. RH rep
5. Ray 01/Ray MKIII
6.Lloyd Irving

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
1. Incineroar - My favorite Pokemon, plus it can bring fun wrestling moves and heel tactics to Smash, possibly even being the first grapple-oriented Smash fighter.

2. Tails - One of the biggest names in gaming ever that hasn't even gotten an Assist Trophy role. Overall, he is a very popular character, just not one most Smash fans are too vocal about.

3. Isabelle - Animal Crossing is a major series in Nintendo, despite how much anyone wants to downplay it. It's certainly big enough to get a second character and there's plenty of elements not incorporated in a movset to allow Isabelle not to be a clone.

4. Steve - Minecraft is one of the biggest games in recent history, and still going strong apparently. Having a character who can alter the terrain of the battlefield or focus on resource management/upgrading himself would be very unique and interesting.

5. Hector/Fjorm/Anna/Tiki - A non-sword using Fire Emblem character is something I would very much like to see.

6. Scorpion - Another gaming titan absent from Smash, he can be toned down to fit in while elements of his character/series and be played up to keep him feeling right. Fighting game fans would finally, after decades of dreaming, would be able to pit him vs Ryu on even grounds.

Honorable Mentions
Dr. Eggman, Wonder Red, Banjo & Kazooie, Ryu Hayabusa, Chun Li, Bandana Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, Phoenix Wright

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Impa
Necrozma
Gollisopod
Fawful

If deconfirmed characters are allowed, then replace Necrozma with Mimikyu.

Smithn

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4332 5240 6154
1. Skull Kid - popular villain, would finally be a new non-clone Zelda character
2. Geno - Sakurai acknowledged his popularity and viability as a fighter
3. Banjo & Kazooie - N64 icons, big news if they were in
4. Isaac - has a lot of fan support and would have a fun moveset
5. Waddle Dee - again, a lot of fans, cool moveset potential
6. RH rep - Could have an interesting rhythmic moveset and represent a growing franchise

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Geno
Impa
Ryu Hayabusa
Linkle
Giegue/ Giygas
Agumon / something vpets from bamco

Last edited:
Top Bottom