• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Nonono I didn't mean that. I mean like posting the same post to a few other thread's and all. If you overdo it, people may end up annoyed and perhaps even start to dislike her because of that. As what Diddy Kong did to Impa. This post could have been just fine in the Anna thread and I guess the Fire Emblem discussion thread, but I don't think it had any need in the General smash Bros Wii and 3DS thread.
Just a friendly advice from a fellow Anna supporter. ;)
Indeed, I was concerned when I posted in dat general though, I thought it would be like going to a different site, completely different set of viewers sorta thing, that was my justification.
Obviously my justification was wrong, stupid, and insufficient.
I see. Next time I will not do as such. Thank you.

Walhart would be cool :3

Edit: I edited the general post.
Edit edit: I'm over eager for challengers, I'm so hungry in my pursuit of a worthy foe! Surely that was my motivation. . . ? I also say some things I don't entirely mean over the internet just so people will debate me, in order to form a more perfect truth if I turn out to be wrong. Surely these things are mostly unrelated. Thank you once again, Kikwi-Kiwi.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Indeed, I was concerned when I posted in dat general though, I thought it would be like going to a different site, completely different set of viewers sorta thing, that was my justification.
Obviously my justification was wrong, stupid, and insufficient.
I see. Next time I will not do as such.

Walhart would be cool :3

Edit: I edited the general post.

That's good. At least you know now. ;) And you're welcome.

By the way. I'll see if I can make some fan art for her sometime soon. I think she deserves it. :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since I've got nothing to do, I sorted out the Fire Emblem Characters from Shortie's poll.

Roy 607
Chrom 422
Lyn 308
Lucina 271
Anna 183
Black Knight 151
Micaiah 140
Tharja 135
Eirika 120
Tiki 110
Hector 108
Ephraim 93
Caeda 68
Eliwood 58
Elincia 52
Walhart 50
Leaf 48
Sigurd 40
Celice 28
Narbarl 19

I'm quite happy that Lyn has managed to keep a fanbase even after so many years.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I remember suggesting Tiki in a sort of off-the-cuff suggestion, so it's nice to see that she's doing decently for a FE character. :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm still surprised that Nabarl isn't last on the poll. He's fifth from last. I'm not sure how many of the people who have voted for him actually know him.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think it's funny that Lyn has so much more popularity over Elliwood and Hector, considering you could make the argument that it's their game (Elliwood in normal mode and Hector in Hector Mode). But it's really all three characters' game. Same with Micaiah and Ike in Radiant Dawn, and Chrom, Robin, and Lucina in Awakening.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think it's funny that Lyn has so much more popularity over Elliwood and Hector, considering you could make the argument that it's their game (Elliwood in normal mode and Hector in Hector Mode). But it's really all three characters' game. Same with Micaiah and Ike in Radiant Dawn, and Chrom, Robin, and Lucina in Awakening.
Don't forget that Lyn was an assist trophy in Brawl, giving her much more exposure than Eliwood or Hector.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Don't forget that Lyn was an assist trophy in Brawl, giving her much more exposure than Eliwood or Hector.
She was also a much cooler character in FE7. Elliwood was a bit boring and bland. Hector was a badass but Lyn had grace, style, and speed.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, but I just don't see there being much confusion between the two. I'm not the world's biggest Lucina fan, and there are other characters I'd prefer, but I've never bought "she looks too much like Marth" as a legit excuse for why she wouldn't be in the game.
Lucina has the exact same outfit, the same build, and the same color hair as Marth. Obviously you would be able to tell them apart with a closer look, and it wouldn't be a problem in a standard fighting game where you only have 1v1, but in a game with potentially up to 4 players visual confusion between characters is a real concern.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Lucina has the exact same outfit, the same build, and the same color hair as Marth. Obviously you would be able to tell them apart with a closer look, and it wouldn't be a problem in a standard fighting game where you only have 1v1, but in a game with potentially up to 4 players visual confusion between characters is a real concern.
If you compare the in game model of Marth in Smash to Lucina, you can see the differences. Lucina wears a much darker tone, they have almost two different blues on. She also has a different stance and she is shorter. Her hair even looks darker. Marth has big shoulder pads. If Intelligent Systems, Sakurai, or Nintendo wanted her in the game, it would not be that hard to differentiate the two. They change up designs as they see fit, like the did with Roy and Marth.

If that's not enough for you, she could be just wearing her Great Lord outfit. There's no rule saying Fire Emblem characters need to be in just their lord form.

Hong

The Strongest
I would actually totally love to have Great Lord Lucina as a playable character. Plus points if she has javelins to avenge the thousands of brave Marths, Roys and Ikes that have been killed by projectiles every year.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
She's also the only Lord from FE7 to be DLC and have new artwork in Awakening.
She's, from what I see it, the third most loved lord by Nintendo, second being Ike, and First, being Marth. I hope she's in the game, she would be very unique for the FE cast.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
She's, from what I see it, the third most loved lord by Nintendo, second being Ike, and First, being Marth. I hope she's in the game, she would be very unique for the FE cast.
Well I imagine Chrom and Lucina probably rival that ranking now at the very least. Their game was the first to break the million mark, so they probably are pretty high up there with Nintendo. But out the old lords, they would seem to be the favorites. I hope we get more of the Japan-only lords and characters as trophies so more people can learn about them. Eventually, that will lead to fan outcry to release these games in the US as newly translated virtual console games.

Hong

The Strongest
Well I imagine Chrom and Lucina probably rival that ranking now at the very least.
Correct.

Many of the Awakening characters have high popularity, because no game has fleshed out and presented their personalities like Awakening has. Interacting scenes, voice acting and the pairing system has really helped bring their personalities up to the spotlight. From someone who regularly checks Japanese and English fan portals, I have never seen anything like it. Ike and the Greil Mercenaries did have a nice run with the fans, but nothing like this. A lot of Ike fans sadly do not know about him outside of Brawl (personally, the Tellius games are still my favourite), and will likely grow to love Chrom and/or Lucina when they make their appearance in Sm4sh.

So yeah, I can't say Lyn is the third most loved lord. She is a noteworthy character at best in the grand scheme of the series, certainly above the likes of relatively recent characters like Eliwood, Ephraim, Eirika and even Micaiah, but certainly a few thrones below a fair number of Fire Emblem characters.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well I imagine Chrom and Lucina probably rival that ranking now at the very least. Their game was the first to break the million mark, so they probably are pretty high up there with Nintendo. But out the old lords, they would seem to be the favorites. I hope we get more of the Japan-only lords and characters as trophies so more people can learn about them. Eventually, that will lead to fan outcry to release these games in the US as newly translated virtual console games.
Correct.

Many of the Awakening characters have high popularity, because no game has fleshed out and presented their personalities like Awakening has. Interacting scenes, voice acting and the pairing system has really helped bring their personalities up to the spotlight. From someone who regularly checks Japanese and English fan portals, I have never seen anything like it. Ike and the Greil Mercenaries did have a nice run with the fans, but nothing like this. A lot of Ike fans sadly do not know about him outside of Brawl (personally, the Tellius games are still my favourite), and will likely grow to love Chrom and/or Lucina when they make their appearance in Sm4sh.

So yeah, I can't say Lyn is the third most loved lord. She is a noteworthy character at best in the grand scheme of the series, certainly above the likes of relatively recent characters like Eliwood, Ephraim, Eirika and even Micaiah, but certainly a few thrones below a fair number of Fire Emblem characters.
Oh, I meant the most loved or how should say "nourished" by Nintendo, not love by fans that's a different story. What I meant is Lyn, Ike, and Marth seem to be the most well noted by Nintendo, with Lyn being a AT and being the DLC for FE7 in Awakening. Ike having 2 games, playable character in brawl, and having a descendant of his, Priam appear in the main game, not DLC of Awakening. Marth being tyhe first lord, mascot of FE, being in Melee and brawl as a character, having 2 games both having remakes, so 4, and having somewhat of a cameo in Awakening. As you can see, it's as if Nintendo finds these 3 lords very likeable and note-worthy.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Just bought Fire Emblem Awakening (my first FE game ever). Let's see which character I want in Sm4sh after. :)

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
No one is thinking he is a clone, they're thinking he will BE a clone. Careful with your tenses there, mister, there are a great many dangerous mistakes in semantics.
Chrom's likelihood to be a clone is far higher than you like to think, that is due to his low potential ceiling, even if you take extravagant amounts of artistic license. . .
Lol I was talking about ike :p

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
What if the Wii U version had a basic version of My Unit/Robin as a playable character (with the hood or just the generic face), and the 3DS version took from memory stored on the 3DS to make a version of My Unit playable based on your save game that you could play Smash as... and then you could transfer that character to the Wii U version?

I know that's way out in left field here, but I think it'd be kind of awesome. There'd be too much too it for it to be a good idea for the programmers, with the change in build, voice, appearance....

smashmachine

Smash Lord
I would actually totally love to have Great Lord Lucina as a playable character. Plus points if she has javelins to avenge the thousands of brave Marths, Roys and Ikes that have been killed by projectiles every year.

LOLOLOL
in FE or in smash

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
If you compare the in game model of Marth in Smash to Lucina, you can see the differences. Lucina wears a much darker tone, they have almost two different blues on. She also has a different stance and she is shorter. Her hair even looks darker. Marth has big shoulder pads. If Intelligent Systems, Sakurai, or Nintendo wanted her in the game, it would not be that hard to differentiate the two. They change up designs as they see fit, like the did with Roy and Marth.

If that's not enough for you, she could be just wearing her Great Lord outfit. There's no rule saying Fire Emblem characters need to be in just their lord form.
Marth Smash Model doesn't depict Marth in the slightest, the real Marth looks alot like Lucina, they both have Tiara, both their clothes with same pattern of color, they are both from I don't think they can exist in the same period (I know smash isn't canon but to preserve integrity and this goes for Chrom too, DLC Marth isn't Marth he is only a mere card projection), I don't want to ridicule Lucina because I really like her, but it boils for either her or Marth and we know a war against Marth is a lost war...

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Marth Smash Model doesn't depict Marth in the slightest, the real Marth looks alot like Lucina, they both have Tiara, both their clothes with same pattern of color, they are both from I don't think they can exist in the same period (I know smash isn't canon but to preserve integrity and this goes for Chrom too, DLC Marth isn't Marth he is only a mere card projection), I don't want to ridicule Lucina because I really like her, but it boils for either her or Marth and we know a war against Marth is a lost war...

triple Falchion #believe
(I know it's a longshot :()

Hong

The Strongest
While I agree that Marth is actually strikingly similar to Lucina, I should say time periods have no relevance in Smash Bros. Lucas and the Links kind of threw that out the window.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Smash can update a character however they want. Both the Smash Marth and the FE Marth are the real Marth, just different art styles. Marth in Smash currently wears light tones, even down to his hair, Lucina in the game wears very dark tones, and her hair also comes off as a dark blue. Different artists have different depictions. Marth can be based on the formerly standard FE art style and Lucina can be based on the art style of Yusuke Kozaki, like Link and Toon Link. And if that's not enough, we could just get Great Lord Lucina. There's no rule when it comes to costumes. It all depends if the powers that be want Lucina in the game.
The Zelda series take place in different time periods (and timelines) technically, but we got TP Link, a mix of TP and OOT Zelda, and a WW Link. These games are generational by nature. We are going to get SS Link the next game, probably another second Link, and if we get sheik. probably an OOT Zelda. It's already embedded in Smash by another series.
People keep putting Marth and Lucina against each other, which goes against the nature of the series. We all know they will talk, and that "Together We Ride" music will play (sadly missing from Awakening), and then they'll be on each others' sides. I'm an optimist so I think and hope we'll get Marth/Ike/Lucina combination with Chrom in her final Smash.
But I wouldn't bet against Lucina either. She survived an apocalypse.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
People who refuse to believe facts are not optimists, they are living in world of fantasy, I don't mind you supporting the character but what I really don't like the fact that you deny the fact, it's OK if you support Lucina, but don't dis the fact that she is a Marth gender swap, she is Marth with long hair and barely visible boobs, and don't bring up that she can be great lord argument, it's obvious that Sakurai targets the most iconic look for a character, and BTW the promotions are non-canon in the story because she can be any class(except barbarian and warriors), if Ike' s canon promotion wasn't even seen on SSBB what makes you think that Sakurai would use Great Lord outfit....Chrom is the best way to go for Sakurai, because he actually can make him a replacement of Ike if time constraints prevented him from completing Ike....there is one thing I'm sure about in SSB. about the Fire Emblem characters and that is there will always the Strong/Slow character and the Weak/Fast character....

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
With Mega Man's unique moveset in the game, it wouldn't be ridiculous to have a highly-stylized archer character one day.
-Bladed bow or kicks for a few melee attacks
-Different ammo/trick arrows for specials
-Garroting enemies' necks with the bowstring for grabs? :awesome:

So... if we somehow got an FE archer/sniper, who would/should it be?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Haha, I'd like it if Virion were playable. I always found him funny in Awakening. Never could use him well, though. He always died. But I do like the archers/snipers in FE games. I'm actually hoping we get an archer lord in the next FE game, and that down the line we see him or her in Smash.

After looking up some other archers, apparently there's one named Raian, who is called Ryan in the fan translations. This is the first time a character in a Nintendo game has (almost) stolen my name. :laugh:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Haha, I'd like it if Virion were playable. I always found him funny in Awakening. Never could use him well, though. He always died. But I do like the archers/snipers in FE games. I'm actually hoping we get an archer lord in the next FE game, and that down the line we see him or her in Smash.

After looking up some other archers, apparently there's one named Raian, who is called Ryan in the fan translations. This is the first time a character in a Nintendo game has (almost) stolen my name. :laugh:
I've always promoted him to bow knight, which gave him alot of defense so he could live fairly easily the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom